User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Pay it forward day $5 exchange train- Maildate April 25th

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, May 16th, 2013
    PAY IT FORWARD DAY EXCHANGE

With Pay It Forward Day fast approaching it gives me the urge to run a exchange train. On April 25th we celebrate PAY IT FORWARD DAY, a day to give to others with no intention of receiving anything in return.

The PIFD portion of the train

I found a link to printable pay it forward cards and these are perfect way to celebrate the day. I hope everyone that takes part in this exchange will do a good deed for another person with the idea that they too continue to PAY IT FORWARD by doing a good deed for someone else. I will post some examples of ways to pay it forward but I hope that you too can share some new ideas as well.
    http://payitforwardday.com/wp-conten...ard_Tilled.pdf

The Exchange portion of the train

I will take as may riders as would like to ride up to 20. You will send $5 minimum. 1 stamp=1$. extra items = $1
    Feel free to send as many wishlist coupons as possible to your buddy. You may send coupons not on their wishlist as well like that new AWESOME coupon you found that you think they might like! You may also send a little something special if you wish for your buddy.

If you would like to ride please post in thread a way of paying it forward and pm me your wishlist and mailing address.

If you would like to ride post in the thread and submit your wishlist and mailing address via pm.
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Thu, May 9th, 2013 at 06:32 AM.
    HollyK likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Here's hoping we can accomplish some or all of these good deeds throughout the course of the train and thereafter.

Here’s some examples that might help give you some ideas
    1. At a drive through, pay for the car behind’s meal and give the cashier a Pay it Forward card to pass on…You could do this at the train station, at a coffee shop – anywhere you like.
    2. If it is raining, give your umbrella together with a card to someone who does not have one. (it might be worth taking a spare one with you)
    3. Visit an elderly neighbour’s house and ask them if they need to have anything they need repaired.
    4. Donate some money to your favourite charity – perhaps collect some donation money from people at work.
    5. Tell the manager of a restaurant how great your waiter/waitress was. This can happen in any store / business you visit. Aim at brightening someone else’s day
    6. Talk to parking attendants – try and get them to hand out Pay it Forward cards instead of Parking fines – wouldn’t that be nice? Alternatively you could top up other people’s parking metres to stop them getting a fine.
    7. Cook a casserole for a new mother. Caring for newborns is tiring and draining. Mothers will appreciate the ability to eat something home-cooked without having to cook it herself.
    8. Buy Lottery Scratch-Off tickets and put one in an envelope with a “Pay It Forward Card” inserted. Hand it to a receptionist on the way out of a business appointment. You just might change that person’s whole life.
    9. Give a homeless person some food vouchers along with a Pay it Forward card
    10. If you are washing your own car or mowing your own lawn, do the same for your next door neighbor
    11. At your office, thank the “little people”. Everyone’s part is essential and no one’s job is purposeless. Thank the mail guy, the girl who orders supplies, or the door person.
    12. Drive an older person in the neighborhood to the grocery store (they will love the opportunity to get out of the house, as well) or if they aren’t able to go themselves, take their list and go to the store for them. If at all possible, pay for their things.
    13. Be a mentor for someone who needs some support.
    14. Do some work for a client or one that can’t afford your services free of charge – just ask that they Pay it Forward
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Some other ideas are
    Can for kindness – you can collect cans of non perishable foods and give to refuge or other organization who would benefit
    Soap Saver – Getting a bunch of people who all travel for work and stay at lots of hotels to donate the free soap, shampoo and conditioner towards a group that would benefit
    Book Giving – Collect books and distribute to needy groups (which might be in a poor country)
    Charity Day – Sausage sizzle, selling chocolates etc. to raise money for a local charity in need
    Hospital – many patients have to pay for the use of the television……..perhaps you can ask the company involved to offer discounted or free TV for patients on PIFD
    Buying the train or bus ticket for the person behind you (+give them a card)
    Donating some of your professional services to someone in need on the day – free hour consultation / etc….
    Buy a stranger a cup of coffee and leave a Pay it Forward card for them
    On a rainy day, buy a few umbrella’s and give them to those who don’t have one and are getting wet. You could attach a Pay it Forward Card to the umbrella
    Visit your local church and ask if there is any family that might need your help
    You may consider becoming a Pay it Forward champion and promoting the day to your local community. That way, more people of all ages are inspired to pay the kindness forward
    The possibilities are endless.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Do-Gooders
    1. Anna Michele-wl rec'd-mailedrec'd fb left
    2. Sheetsofemptycanvas-wl rec'd-mailedrec'd fb left
    3. Mhmartel-wl rec'drec'd fb left
    4. Peachykeen-wl rec'drec'd fb left
    5. Tthomp-wl rec'drec'd fb left
    6. Cheribomb-wl rec'drec'dfb left
    7. Hollyk-wl rec'd-mailedrec'd fb left
    8. Knittingnurse-wl rec'd-mailed rec'd fb left
    9. Jezz-wl rec'd-mailed rec'd fb left
    10. Lunamoth-wl rec'drec'd
    11. Sweetmomma-wl rec'd-mailed rec'd fb left
    12. Coyote-wl rec'drec'd fb left
    13. Suezque-wl rec'd-mailedrec'd fb left
    14. Oscarandme-wl rec'd-mailed rec'd fb left
    15. Avoncallingu-wl rec'd-mailed rec'd fb left
    16. Youandme-wl rec'd-mailedrec'd fb left
    17. Couponsrule-wl rec'd-mailed rec'd fb left
    18. Xssavings-wl rec'd-mailedrec'd fb left
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Thu, May 30th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Ohhhhhhhh I'm so tempted!!!! I just decided this morning to take a break from trains after the ones I have running come to an end... but I LOVE the idea of this one....... let me think about it for a few minutes!!!!
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

bookmarking
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh I'm so tempted!!!! I just decided this morning to take a break from trains after the ones I have running come to an end... but I LOVE the idea of this one....... let me think about it for a few minutes!!!!
    Being that there is no minimum you only have to do what you can, the focus being more on paying it forward and sharing ways of doing so
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

maybe I should say $5 minimum
    1 stamp=1$
    extra items = $1

anyone?
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I'll join, I can't resist I'll send my WL after ds goes to bed!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Welcome sheets!!!!
    Season 40 Winners At War

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I really LOVE this idea as well and am tempted but I'm not sure about 20 riders at $5 minimum. It just seems like a lot. I don't have that many good coupons and I wouldn't want to send crap ones. I'll keep an eye on this thread though in case you lower the riders or something.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by kkcoupons View Post
    I really LOVE this idea as well and am tempted but I'm not sure about 20 riders at $5 minimum. It just seems like a lot. I don't have that many good coupons and I wouldn't want to send crap ones. I'll keep an eye on this thread though in case you lower the riders or something.
    You only send to one person, it's an exchange
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

oh...thanks for clarifying.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

I would love to ride this train! What a wonderful idea. I have been on this board for about 3 months now and the generosity of members of this community never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for the reminder/encouragement to be generous with ALL the people in our lives!
    FOODLAND STICKERS - Mission Accomplished!!! Thank you macw1960, KelJo, and petsrfun101 for your generosity!

See how I earned $20 in Amazon gift codes this week! CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW!!!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kkcoupons View Post
    would love for you to join us and yes you will only send to one other rider
    Season 40 Winners At War

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information