• 1 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By lghend
  • 1 Post By Brooke_
  • 1 Post By luckbealady

Thread: Guess I was having a bad Day

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Looks like I was having a bad day, so I am going to remove this post. Thank you all for your responses.

I have never had this issue before and as someone who has body issues I do take someone I know well shopping with me, and never in the past has it been an issue having them help me if a garnment needs tieing, snapping or buttoning. I understand the sales staff is there to help but that would freak me out completely, just thinking of it makes me nervous not to mention I would not exit my dressing room to ask for help.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Apr 21st, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I can say that from working in Ottawa, we had a rule in place of ONE person per change room. Sadly you would be amazed (and disgusted) what people try to do in change rooms.

Not saying the service was acceptable, they could have been nicer and handled the situation better but that might be their store policy (1 per room) for a reason.
    pippinelkhound and Candini like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry, I don't "get" why you and your Mum need to model underwear for each other. It's pretty personal and what fits and feels comfortable fits and feels comfortable.

I could understand it if one of you were disabled and needed fastening assistance.

How big are the changing rooms that you can both fit in and get dressed undressed at the same time?
    stacymarie and luckbealady like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes I don't understand your anger either. Since you are both adults, I don't really understand why you would want to model undergarments to each other? I could understand if it was a child getting their first bra maybe? But surely, as an adult, you can tell if a bra fits you properly?

Sorry... maybe I'm missing something?

And yes.... I agree that most stores have a rule of 1 person per change room. And yes, most people would be surprised and probably disgusted at some things that happen in change rooms.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Standard

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Sorry, I don't "get" why you and your Mum need to model underwear for each other. It's pretty personal and what fits and feels comfortable fits and feels comfortable.

I could understand it if one of you were disabled and needed fastening assistance.

How big are the changing rooms that you can both fit in and get dressed undressed at the same time?
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Apr 20th, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I completely understand not wanting 2 people in the change room.
    That is reasonable from a loss prevention stand point. The more people in the change room, the more likely something could go missing - and it doesn't matter who the person is, anyone can steal.

Although perhaps embarrassing, it would make more sense for the sales or change room assistant to help you in/out of clothes. While it would definitely be preferable for your mother to be with you, unless one of you is disabled it isn't necessary for you to be in the same room.

I understand it was frustrating and embarrassing. But you need to consider that employees are taught certain rules - and most certainly one of them is that only 1 customer is allowed in the change room at a time.
    And honestly, the more irate you get, the less likely they're going to want to help you. If you're making a fuss and throwing a fit about the change rooms, no one is going to want to help you, because you're just going to be rude to them. It may not be good business, but it's human nature.

Go ahead and write a letter to HQ. But I think what will most likely happen is that they will apologize for your bad experience, and reiterate that employees are trained to only allow 1 customer in the change room. And that they will review their standards to see if there are any changes they can make going forward.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't catch the original thread but from the replies I would have to disagree with some posters. My daughter (she's 21 now) and I have always shared a change room when looking for clothes. We "close our eyes" while the other changes and sometimes trade clothes back and forth. It's more efficient and easier to get a quick opinion. I only go in once to try clothes on, that's it. We've never been chastised for doing it and we're not the only ones. We don't go to huge cities or anything so maybe things are different there? The change rooms are not tiny either. I was actually surprised by some of the replies you got.
    jessep13 likes this.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lghend View Post
    I didn't catch the original thread but from the replies I would have to disagree with some posters. My daughter (she's 21 now) and ...
    I was going to reply with something similar. I didn't catch the original post, but by the responses -- I would totally try undergarments on with my mom in the change-room. I am so, so, so indecisive especially when it comes to bras. I don't know how you were treated but the one person per change-room policy makes sense, but so does you wanting to get your mom's opinion without the whole store seeing.
    Why are people here so judgemental? Lol, I hope tomorrow goes better for you!
    jessep13 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Perhaps it's a personality thing. I trust my own judgement, and it would never occur to me to ask my mother what she thinks about my undergarments. And she has never been in a change room with me since I was a little girl. So personally, it's strange to think that it's necessary to share a change room with my mother. And likewise, she would never consider sharing with me. If all rooms are full, one of us would simply wait.

But people do need to understand that it's also a loss prevention thing.

Thank you, OP for recognizing that maybe the situation got a little out of hand. And I'll apologize to you, because although strange to me, I can recognize that sharing rooms is not strange to others.

Thread Information