User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I heard that the trial sized Iams was sort of a promo and that they werent intended to be stocked on a regular basis, nonetheless, it is really hard these days to get in on any of the coupon fun maybe if we continue to discuss with other couponers, we can all get on the same page, with the exception of a few sour grapes I am sure.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by misschelsey View Post
    The reason why Windemere and South Common are not as willing to stack is because people are clearing out shelves.
    My self and another smart canucker went to the Windermer walmart and ran into a girl that was purchasing AT LEAST 30 dove body washes, and at least 20 dove pack soaps.

The LD I go to now has a sign at the front door and at customer services thats says "we reserve the right to limite quanties due to overly large quanties being bought"

I understand some people donate etc, but clearing shelves is making it hard for other couponers to even get one or two.
    For the regular consumers that dont use coupons, they cant even buy an item on Rollback at walmart or on sale at london drugs because shelves are being cleared out in one or two transactions.

Its also making our stores reluctant to allow us to buy more then one or two at a time, or even stack at all.

With people doing this, we are going to ruin coupon stacking. Were all here to get a good deal and to save money, but pretty soon this is going to be harder and harder. One london drugs would only let me price match one item from a shoppers drug mart flayer, last month I was able to price match more then one item.

I definitely know there are amazing smart canuckers out there that dont do this, I just really wish we could all get on the same page.
    Agreed, I've been couponing for over 10 years and for the last year it's been a nightmare. I've never had so many frustrating experiences!

Today I was at shoppers and I picked up 5 items with my coupons...all different. didn't clear any shelves, never have. I only grab what I need and stock up on a few items like cereal, laundry soap, toothpaste and a few other things. I don't have 20 of each item on my shelves I have maybe 5-8. I wish TLC would cancel extreme couponing.... just causing more hoarders for the other show! =)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I completely agree. we get it ,they all have amazing stockpiles and pay nothing but its time to move on.

xwindwomanx
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i have to admit i started really using coupons after the show, but i was always looking for a bargain before that coupons just brought that bargain to a better bargain but i know i don't need more then 3 of one thing, the most i bought was 8 cans of hunts pasta sauce and that was because it was 4 for 5 and i had 4 coupons b2 save $1
    yeah it is sad and frustrating, and coupons are scarce too tear pads use to sit there for weeks and not they disappear before your very eyes

xwindwomanx
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

opps *now*

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I think Extreme Couponing was a real eye opener. I saw it before it became a regular series on TLC (it was just a one time thing I thought) and here we were, no money, bill collectors calling me every 5 minutes it seemed and it was like, THIS, THIS is the answer. This is how we could start saving money. The more I researched and began to understand what I can and cannot do, the more money I began to save. It felt like someone had finally answered my prayers. Maybe there are a lot of people out there who need to do this to stay afloat financially (for instance, I am on mat leave and will return to work end of month, but this month is so tight...unless its free its all I can get) and if that is the case, then I completely understand why you need 15 Gillette Foamies from Walmart...you need the overage to get groceries. What I do NOT understand are the people that are writing about clearing a shelf of all of the cat food when you do not even own a cat. The intention to donate is beautiful, but there are some people who have a cat and could use the overage too (I was fortunate to pick up a few bags before this euphoria began but I did not clear the shelf either). I dont know. Its a double edged sword for me. It is a nice hobby and has been a necessity for me to coupon this month but it has almost become like a competition though and sometimes I feel like I dont have the energy to keep up. Now, its insanely hard to get the inserts, even harder to stack, etc! I am sure the senior canucks are probably getting really pissed at the people that are new for ruining it for them...and I do apologize....Extreme Couponing was an eye opener for a lot of people on how we are needlessly throwing away money in an economy that for many there is no wiggle room...having said that, I do hope people are now starting to realize that there is no room for the stock pile, or the stock pile is big enough and its time to lay low for a bit.

xwindwomanx
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

will LD stack even if wording says on coupon per purchase?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Friday night at 9pm, I went to SC LD and was able to stack on toothpaste and OFF!, I had Christina (tall blonde) and not the grumpy Indian woman (GITA?) Christina was great. Who did you deal with?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm not sure of her name but she's newer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to go use some printable coupons at the Sherwood park london drugs and she told me they only allow up to $3.00 in savings with online coupons.... I dont ever remember there being a $3 limit in the coupon policy.... any one else have this happen?

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I don't actually think this in the coupon policy that they have on their blog but the majority of LD's have that rule about printable coupons.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Could you fight that though? Seeing as how it is clearly not on their policy, I mean I am not clearing shelves I only buy 1 or 2 items but a $3 limit, thats like 1 or 2 coupons....

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I am not actually sure - you would have to check with the store manager. Some managers will make exceptions... but it is up to them.

I personally have never used more than $3 in printables in 1 trip there. I find printables too much of a hassle to use them frequently.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I stood at the CS counter for over 15 minutes once while the manager reviewed the coupon policy and told me its a $3 limit Most LD have a $3 limit.
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

It does say it on their policy, I just checked. But I once used the $10 Multibionta internet coupon there and didnt have a problem but that was months ago....before the mayhem and the crackdown. Now, if I wanted to use a printable coupon worth more than $3, I would go on a day I knew one of the clerks working...that's why its good to have a good reputation with the staff!! There doesnt seem to be a great deal of consistency...and I wonder if the reigns will loosen once again as time passes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information