User Tag List

Page 4 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    That is what they are doing for Joe Fresh clothing. Not for PC groceries and PC Plus. They donated a lot of money as a good will gesture, because of the factory deaths

http://www.thestar.com/business/2013...ence_call.html

PC Plus competes with other store loyalty programs like Metro's Air Miles and Sobeys Club Sobey Points. It is a way for Loblaws to remain competitive in a tight grocery market with lower profit margins.
    Yes but money doesn't bring back the dead it was horrid that they turned their backs on them when they were warned about that building. To say that money replaces death is an insult to those families . I hardly shop there anymore . I was also told by my union rep that a lot of people have came in and complained about their behaviour and will never shop their again . It was a disgrace . You kill a worker and you should go to jail for murder period !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    acosta, they do issue cards, you just need to ask in store for one (at least according to the media info)
    Thanks for the tip! I will definitely look into this!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The PC Plus program is not meant for clearance sale or sale items. It is a loyalty program that is offering coupons on its regular price groceries. So I would assume that anytime PC Insider lists new products, those products will likely show up on new offers.

As I don't have a cellphone/smartphone, I would want the card.

Last week, when I asked a Fortino's cashier about the program, she said she did not know about it and that franchise stores (Fortino's) are not corporate stores. Hmmm.

Now I want grocery stores to put yet another sign/sticker on doors (hey, fast food chains, I'm also looking at you when corporate head office marketing puts that "at participating locations" fine print on coupon or meal offer advertising) indicating if the store is a franchise, corporate, or independently owned location.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@leavitts77-you have made valid points about human life as being priceless. Pity that the plaza owners/management did not consider the workers when the money was being pursued.

Having said that, Joe Fresh is one of the few North American clothing brands that has signed the new agreement about building standards/audit checks that mostly European companies have also signed. It's telling that US brands have not added their names to the agreement. Sears and Walmart do not seem to have further information as to how their brand labels got to be illegally obtained by companies not signed to make their clothing orders.
    leavitts77, Shwa Girl and Tbites like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leavitts77 View Post
    Yes but money doesn't bring back the dead it was horrid that they turned their backs on them when they were warned about that building. To say that money replaces death is an insult to those families . I hardly shop there anymore . I was also told by my union rep that a lot of people have came in and complained about their behaviour and will never shop their again . It was a disgrace . You kill a worker and you should go to jail for murder period !
    Loblaws is there. Yes.
    Walmart is also there.
    Old Navy is also there.

It may mean you would have to boycott all of them -- not just Loblaws

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The PC Plus program is not meant for clearance sale or sale items. It is a loyalty program that is offering coupons on its regular price groceries. So I would assume that anytime PC Insider lists new products, those products will likely show up on new offers.
    Like SCs who have mastered the Shoppers Drug Mart optimum points program, there are some ways to get more points in this PC Plus program Example, shelf price has 500 PC Plus points that week for Product X. Plus, I got a personal offer for 250 points for Product X that same week. I buy as much of Product X I need (one transaction - that's the trick) and get double the points. And if Product X is on sale, Bob's Your Uncle.
    Cuckoobird and MillieH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

what I am saying is its a disgrace to say money fixes it so it makes it all better . I know what these companies are all about . I wouldn't be able to shop anywere as I know all I am saying is its a disgrace . They will be judged in the end anyways . I think out of all wallyworld is the worst of all . Just my opinion

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Ciel, I checked with them a week or so. They are just testing it in selected Loblaws stores, but it will roll out to RCSS and Fortinos etc (just not No Frills)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Can we keep this to a discussion of the program please, if you want to discuss Loblaw's involvement in the factory and their response, it can be done in the news or rant forums
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

PC Plus should be in other Loblaws company stores by October. The customer service rep was not able to tell me the specific stores --e.g. RCSS.
    sweetproserpina likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They told me it would roll out to all stores except discount chains like No Frills
    ~ ~ ~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Can't wait for it to roll out to RCSS. There is no Loblaws close to me.
    silverjelly and FrugalKris like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The PC Plus program is not meant for clearance sale or sale items.
    This week's Personal PC Plus offer was for Liberte Greek Yogurt. I get 800 points for this.
    Pink sticker PC Plus Plus Liberte Greek yogurt was $1.75.
    So got 800 points for $1.75. Regular PC Plus items for the 800 point level would be $7.99

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week's Personal PC Plus offer was for Liberte Greek Yogurt. I get 800 points for this.
    So got 800 points for $1.75. Regular PC Plus items for the 800 point level would be $7.99
    800pts will equal to $.80, so you got the yogurt for less than a $1!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is an ideal situation, but it hasn't happened to me yet

For example, I've never seen pink stickers at the Loblaws locations where I shop.

I also find that the personalized offers try to get me to buy PC products, rather than the name brand. My offer was for PC Greek yogurt, which I don't like. Would've been great to get one for Liberte.

Last week they offered me 5,000 points WUS $25 on Joe Fresh products. Except the Joe Fresh products downtown are all sold at standalone stores that don't take the points. That's an offer I might have used, but they make it inaccessible.

I'm not going to go out of my way to get to a difficult-to-get-to-Loblaws so I can buy the products they tell me to at full price, which has been the case for the offers they've given me since they offered the program.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Jul 21st, 2013 at 09:17 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 4 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread Information