User Tag List

Page 3 of 613 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

A tip for PC Plus users. Call or e-mail the helpline if you run into any problems.
    Was supposed to get 1000 points for buying 12 x 355 ml case of Dasini water. Well, the store did not have them at all. The helpline simply added 1000 points -- just for calling!
    gourmetsue likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I stopped getting their offers since I have not been to a Loblaws store in several weeks, there is none near us so I only go if I am near one at work and pick up snacks for the office.
    They said the roll out won't happen to Fall, making me even less likely to go to Fortinos to use it when it does roll out
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I stopped getting their offers since I have not been to a Loblaws store in several weeks, there is none near us so I only go if I am near one at work and pick up snacks for the office.
    They said the roll out won't happen to Fall, making me even less likely to go to Fortinos to use it when it does roll out
    yes, same thing happened to me, this week I checked, there was no offers, I emailed them, they said because you didn't shop there for 2-3 weeks, they will stop giving you offers.....but shouldn't it be the other way around, if someone don't shop there for a while, may be they should give even more and better offers to get that person back in their store. their promotion department need re-think on this issue.
    Last edited by cinpow; Sat, Jul 6th, 2013 at 06:52 PM.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Also, even if you do shop every week, you may not get individual offers . I got the email to load my offers and when I clicked on the offers it did nothing. I did get a spend $20 get 2000 points on health and beauty aids on the front page but nothing individually when I signed in to my account. I emailed Loblaws and they said they load offers according to my spending habits and they referenced the generic $20/2000 points offer for this week and to see what next week brings.

I think it would be a good idea to include in the email that there are no individual offers available for me this week so I didn't think there was something wrong with my load button!!

baggypants
    Last edited by baggypants; Sat, Jul 6th, 2013 at 07:32 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Baggypants, mine said something like offers cannot be loaded in my email, when I clicked it did explain there were no offers and to shop at a PC plus store using my card to get new offers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Thanks for the info Fallen Pixels...I will see what my next email says....I was just disappointed because I look forward to receiving my bonus point offers every week and then didn't get any...like Christmas morning with no presents (or just underwear!!).

baggypants
    MillieH likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

well PC is trying to win back customers after that building collapse overseas that killed a bunch of people that they could have stopped
    Tbites likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I think it may be only in cetain provinces but I signs up anyway.... Today I saw this advertised on the main pc website but as soon as I selected my province as mb the adds we're different and I couldn't find it! It better come here!
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is certain Loblaws stores, not sure if they are province based
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leavitts77 View Post
    well PC is trying to win back customers after that building collapse overseas that killed a bunch of people that they could have stopped
    That is what they are doing for Joe Fresh clothing. Not for PC groceries and PC Plus. They donated a lot of money as a good will gesture, because of the factory deaths

http://www.thestar.com/business/2013...ence_call.html

PC Plus competes with other store loyalty programs like Metro's Air Miles and Sobeys Club Sobey Points. It is a way for Loblaws to remain competitive in a tight grocery market with lower profit margins.
    MillieH and Tbites like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have been having a similar experience - have not had any offers to load for the last 2 weeks. When I emailed them, I was told that since I have not shopped in over a week (untrue - I picked up a few cans of beans that were in a clearance bin within the last week), I would not have any offers to load since they would not be able to personalize these to my shopping habits.

Basically, they use the PC pts to track consumer behavior. This is the example they provided in the email:
    If I buy laundry detergent every 3rd week, they will send me an offer for detergent every third week (!!!!!!)
    Really?!?

Well, what if I buy detergent when it is on special? Or when I have a coupon to use? Or when I see it in a clearance bin? Or what if I am shopping for another family member? This already throws off their tracking of my spending habits!

They seem to be under the assumption that the consumer does ALL of their shopping at Loblaws. Given this, I am not sure this points program is for me

This reads more like a rant...but it sure felt good to let out my aggravations with this program!
    Last edited by d.ot; Mon, Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:07 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I have been having a similar experience - have not had any offers to load for the last 2 weeks. When I emailed them, I was told that since I have not shopped in over a week (untrue - I picked up a few cans of beans that were in a clearance bin within the last week), I would not have any offers to load since they would not be able to personalize these to my shopping habits.

Basically, they use the PC pts to track consumer behavior. This is the example they provided in the email:
    If I buy laundry detergent every 3rd week, they will send me an offer for detergent every third week (!!!!!!)
    Really?!?

Well, what if I buy detergent when it is on special? Or when I have a coupon to use? Or when I see it in a clearance bin? Or what if I am shopping for another family member? This already throws off their tracking of my spending habits!

They seem to be under the assumption that the consumer does ALL of their shopping at Loblaws. Given this, I am not sure this points program is for me

This reads more like a rant...but it sure felt good to let out my aggravations with this program!
    I feel the same way as you. I feel like I m left out and they don't want me as a customer anymore. is fine with me since my account just hit the $20 mark. I will just going to use my $20 credit when a good sale come up and probably not going to use the card anymore.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They do still have in-store offers for points too, but honestly starting it in select stores doesn't make me want to try it. The next phase of the roll out in due in fall so months away

It seems they are fostering more bad will with it than gaining customers?
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I am glad I came across this thread. I didn't know why I wasn't getting any more offers.
    The other issue I have, is I shop at Loblaws but then the cashier cannot scan my card. I'm assuming because I have a screen protector on my phone which makes it harder for the scanner but numerous times I have had to tell the cashier to 'forget it', because it wouldn't scan and for some reason, never works when the cashier enters it manually.
    It's too bad they don't issue cards as well as the app.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

acosta, they do issue cards, you just need to ask in store for one (at least according to the media info)
    acosta likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Page 3 of 613 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread Information