Page 73 of 613 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As far as redeeming Earned Pts for Gift Cards:
    I tried on multiple occasions at RCSS, and today Zehrs, here in ON, without luck.

All store personnel incl various Mgrs were perplexed, as was a call last evening to the Help Line ... they all said it should work, but an "insufficient points" error came up, even though I had plenty.

I had been trying to buy PC GCs in all cases, until a part time clerk at Zehrs, while packing my groceries, cleared up the whole thing. She says you can redeem pts for every kind of GC, EXCEPT the PC ones!!!! I went and grabbed a 3rd party card (Sportcheck), and guess what ... it worked no problem!

I would have thought that it would be the opposite, since Loblaws has more to gain if you buy their own cards, yes? If anyone can explain this weird situation to me, and I'm guessing others in this forum, please do! thanks
    Last edited by Pointsman; Thu, Dec 19th, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
    lecale and torontogal12 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    As far as redeeming Earned Pts for Gift Cards:
    I tried on multiple occasions at RCSS, and today Zehrs, here in ON, without luck.

All store personnel incl various Mgrs were perplexed, as was a call last evening to the Help Line ... they all said it should work, but an "insufficient points" error came up, even though I had plenty.

I had been trying to buy PC GCs in all cases, until a part time clerk at Zehrs, while packing my groceries, cleared up the whole thing. She says you can redeem pts for every kind of GC, EXCEPT the PC ones!!!! I went and grabbed a 3rd party card (Sportcheck), and guess what ... it worked no problem!

I would have thought that it would be the opposite, since Loblaws has more to gain if you buy their own cards, yes? If anyone can explain this weird situation to me, and I'm guessing others in this forum, please do! thanks
    Yet another bizarre part of the PC Plus program. God help those PC Plus helpline people. My question is do I still have points under the old system? I ask that because No Frills who is not currently part of the PC plus program gives me my PC plus points balance and as mentioned before on here they let you redeem those PC plus points. Did my old points get sucked into this PC plus system or where can they be found? The answer is probably out there on these countless pages but that's like trying to find Waldo when you are not in the mood for it. I do find this program amusing with all its quirkiness.
    Last edited by yadayada; Thu, Dec 19th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Valerey likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

to yadayada ... since you responded to my query so quickly, let me take a run at your question [opted not to requote the whole mess we posted previously]

I also have pts accumulated totally at NoFrills using a PC Debit card. If you go to the PC Financial website, and choose "PC Points" from the dropdown in top rt corner, you should be able to login and see your points gained prior to this new PCPlus Rewards program. That is what I did, and then called the contact number to request they merge the two into one. Still waiting on that one, but am confident it will happen by next week.

My expectation, once the merge is complete, is that I will be able to present my PC Debit card at a NoFrills, and ALL points will be available to redeem. Will be testing that out, as soon as they consolidate my points. Maybe give that a try as well?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    This is not true for Manitoba...
    Our flyer week starts on Fridays, however I get my offers on Thursdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here - new offer on the site this morning, got the email later today, flyers starts tomorrow.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm upset.

I did not buy GC's to get the points but legitimately spend $300 in groceries to get the points. I had redeemed 60000 points (as I knew I was going to gain 60000 points). I saw on my account that they took back 20000 points. I called asking about it and they basically said that because I redeemed the 60000 points, I didn't actually spend $300 but instead I spent $240 which means I am only eligible for 40000 points. Does this make sense to anyone? Am I correct or are they pulling a fast one on me?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    to yadayada ... since you responded to my query so quickly, let me take a run at your question [opted not to requote the whole mess we posted previously]

I also have pts accumulated totally at NoFrills using a PC Debit card. If you go to the PC Financial website, and choose "PC Points" from the dropdown in top rt corner, you should be able to login and see your points gained prior to this new PCPlus Rewards program. That is what I did, and then called the contact number to request they merge the two into one. Still waiting on that one, but am confident it will happen by next week.

My expectation, once the merge is complete, is that I will be able to present my PC Debit card at a NoFrills, and ALL points will be available to redeem. Will be testing that out, as soon as they consolidate my points. Maybe give that a try as well?
    Thanks as well for your quick response. So i logged into my PC financial page under the PC points drop down selection menu. It said something to the effect, I see you have joined PCplus points and redirected me to there. So i guess PC plus gobbled up my old points unbeknownst to me with no going away party or even a card. It was nice knowing you old friend. The old points program was like watching Peter Mansbridge every night. I knew what to expect and they both delivered. This new Pc Plus points system is like dealing with Rob Ford, I just don't know what the heck is going on most of the time and what to expect next.
    Last edited by yadayada; Thu, Dec 19th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by yadayada View Post
    Thanks as well for your quick response. So i logged into my PC financial page under the PC points drop down selection menu. It said something to the effect, I see you have joined PCplus points and redirected me to there. So i guess PC plus gobbled up my old points unbeknownst to me with no going away party or even a card. It was nice knowing you old friend.
    You still earn your normal PC points for using your PC debit/credit card it's just that your points are combined but they are earned differently but have the same value.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    You still earn your normal PC points for using your PC debit/credit card it's just that your points are combined but they are earned differently but have the same value.
    When I log into my Pcplus page and go into the transactions section of my account, are the transactions that say President's Choice financial under the store column, points earned under the old system? Are the PCplus ones listed with the store name under the store column?
    Last edited by yadayada; Thu, Dec 19th, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

ok I have a couple questions....first off when using accumulated points to pay for your purchases do you still earn points on the items being purchased? And secondly has anyone had issues with points not showing up? Last week I purchased clementines that were on sale 3.99 get 2000 pts. well the points never showed up on my receipt and when we went to check on it they had a sign up that said the points would be added by Tuesday Dec 17th...they still were not there this morning so hubby had to go in and after a bit they added the points. Then this afternoon my step-daughter picked up some of the 1000 pt soups on sale and used points to pay for most of it and when she got home I checked my reciept and they didnt give me any points at all. So we have to go back tomorrow again to find out what is what. So I was wondering if anyone else has had issues like this or similar. thanks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ugh stop sending me offers for jumbo packs!!!

Guess I'm shopping at Metro this week
    orchidgirl and trishka like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by disoon View Post
    I'm upset.

I did not buy GC's to get the points but legitimately spend $300 in groceries to get the points. I had redeemed 60000 points (as I knew I was going to gain 60000 points). I saw on my account that they took back 20000 points. I called asking about it and they basically said that because I redeemed the 60000 points, I didn't actually spend $300 but instead I spent $240 which means I am only eligible for 40000 points. Does this make sense to anyone? Am I correct or are they pulling a fast one on me?
    I don't have a copy of the terms of this offer, but did it say anything about "spend $100 after discounts"? I think the PC Plus program would consider a redemption as a discount. Do you have the fine print? It would help to figure out if those points were legitimately yours.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    I don't have a copy of the terms of this offer, but did it say anything about "spend $100 after discounts"? I think the PC Plus program would consider a redemption as a discount. Do you have the fine print? It would help to figure out if those points were legitimately yours.
    It did, it said after coupons, discounts etc. Since they paid for the extra $60 redeemed, it makes sense that they would count it as $240
    Similar to SDM, you redeem, you get bonus item points because they are attached to the item but not ones based on spending
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I haven't decided if these are good enough to make me go to Fortinos yet.
    Name:  pcplusoffers.PNG
Views: 750
Size:  147.1 KB
    orchidgirl likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Billie75 View Post
    Then this afternoon my step-daughter picked up some of the 1000 pt soups on sale and used points to pay for most of it and when she got home I checked my reciept and they didnt give me any points at all. So we have to go back tomorrow again to find out what is what. So I was wondering if anyone else has had issues like this or similar. thanks

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
    I would like to take advantage of this offer as well but want to make sure that I will still get my points if paying with points. I'm not in dire need of soup so if I don't get the points, it would be a waste for me. Just thought it would be a good way to support the foodbank
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
    I would like to take advantage of this offer as well but want to make sure that I will still get my points if paying with points. I'm not in dire need of soup so if I don't get the points, it would be a waste for me. Just thought it would be a good way to support the foodbank
    I had 33,000 in points and I bought 4 transactions of 30 cans of soup- paying with my 30,000 points each time. Thus no money out of pocket. So you need to go back to the store and get your points back - as I ended up with the same amount of points that I had started with after I paid for 4X30 cans of soup. The kids and I filled up the foodbank hopper at the Atlantic Superstore. Actually a previous shopper had but in a few cases too Thanks to the other SC that said about using points to pay for soup as I did not have extra cash this month
    Last edited by psbudrow; Fri, Dec 20th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.
    dreamcatcher1962 likes this.

Page 73 of 613 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 573 ... LastLast

Thread Information