User Tag List

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1457Likes

Thread: Discuss New Rules for Package Trains & Win a Gift Card :)

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I thought the whole idea was to be active on the thread throughout the train
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    Can you please clarify the 10 and 15 posts? I am confused

The buddy list being made by someone other then the conductor seems a bit over the top. I think the conductor should be responsible for making the list and sending it to someone for approval. That way if changes need to be made (can't request/already sent to/etc) they can be before names are sent out to the riders.
    You can post as many times in the thread as you want but the conductor can only request when posting their train that there is a required 10 post minimum required to a max of 15 posts before mail day.....this was lowered because ppl were upset that the required post count was to high...now we have ppl upset cause it is too low...
    Last edited by Jezebel; Thu, May 16th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    You can post as many times in the thread as you want but are only required to post 15 times before mail day.....this was lowered because ppl were upset that the required post count was to high...now we have ppl upset cause it is too low...
    So to rephrase:
    When riding a package train- you must post at least 15 times. 10 of which have to be before the mail date and 1 of which has to be after you receive to thank the sender.

Is that what you are trying to say?

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Well, I have tried to avoid all the controversy so far however, limited number of posts for a package train in my view totally defeats a sence of community. It is akin to going to coffee with your friends and only being allowed to talk when told to. I have come to know many SC members old and new through these trains.

Riders have a sence of commaraderie and show genuine care and interest in each others lives. We share good times and bad and basically support each other like a large family.

I am saddened by the implementation of a limit of posts.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Jez you are not ever going to make everyone happy, you have done what you can to accommodate everyone and as Pammie and Peachy put it so perfectly, we are all adults and can choose if we want to ride or not I think the package trains are great and I love riding them, 15 posts is not at all unreasonable to ask a rider over the course of the 3+ weeks it usually takes a train to finish. Thank you for the hard work you are putting into keeping these trains running.

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Well, I have tried to avoid all the controversy so far however, limited number of posts for a package train in my view totally defeats a sence of community. It is akin to going to coffee with your friends and only being allowed to talk when told to. I have come to know many SC members old and new through these trains.

Riders have a sence of commaraderie and show genuine care and interest in each others lives. We share good times and bad and basically support each other like a large family.

There is no limit to how many times you can post. Jez clarified it a couple posts up. The 15 is a minimum for the train. You can post more if you want to

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

I think we can still post as much, just can't be below the 15 post min Where the heck have you been anyway???
    julesie-pie and chesterjes like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    So to rephrase:
    When riding a package train- you must post at least 15 times. 10 of which have to be before the mail date and 1 of which has to be after you receive to thank the sender.

Is that what you are trying to say?
    no right now a rider has to post atleast 10 times in the thread....the conductor can't start a train and say the post requirement to ride my train is 30 posts...ppl felt excluded so we lowered it to a mandatory minimum of 10 posts but conductors can have the option to choose up to 15 or even 20 posts as a requirement for their train......but seriously ppl can talk as much as they want.

you can talk as much as you like ....
    Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    Jez you are not ever going to make everyone happy, you have done what you can to accommodate everyone and as Pammie and Peachy put it so perfectly, we are all adults and can choose if we want to ride or not I think the package trains are great and I love riding them, 15 posts is not at all unreasonable to ask a rider over the course of the 3+ weeks it usually takes a train to finish. Thank you for the hard work you are putting into keeping these trains running.
    Maybe someone can do a better job than me
    Last edited by Jezebel; Thu, May 16th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    coyote00 and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

no right now a rider has to post atleast 10 times in the thread....the conductor can't start a train and say the post requirement to ride my train is 30 posts...ppl felt excluded so we lowered it to a mandatory minimum of 10 posts and an optional requirement of 15 or even 20 posts......but seriously ppl can talk as much as they want.

I highly doubt it

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

ok I get it now sorry being new to all this is very overwelming, a min of 10-15 posts depending on which the conductor prefers got it loud and clear
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Thu, May 16th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

The other option is a private poll at the beginning of the train to decide how many posts are required for that train...so the post count would be chosen for the riders by the riders for each train

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

no right now a rider has to post atleast 10 times in the thread....the conductor can't start a train and say the post requirement to ride my train is 30 posts...ppl felt excluded so we lowered it to a mandatory minimum of 10 posts but conductors can have the option to choose up to 15 or even 20 posts as a requirement for their train......but seriously ppl can talk as much as they want.

Thanks I understand now. I think the lack of sleep is affecting my brain

I think you are doing a great job with the package trains.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

sorry I read that wrong!

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

I was confused on that too....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

The other option is a private poll at the beginning of the train to decide how many posts are required for that train...so the post count would be chosen for the riders by the riders for each train
    OK my brutal honest has been quiet long enough. I think you have put MORE than enough effort into this min post requirement. If someone cannot commit to 10-15 posts than maybe package trains are just not for them. These trains are not just sign up and get a gift, it is a community of people working very hard to make an awesome package for someone else while we get to know each other and begin friendships. The very least you can do is be active in the thread. I totally understand people have lives and are busy but who is too busy to post 10 times? It's not fair to your buddy who is working hard to make you a beautiful package. That's my opinion on that topic.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

This will be my 8th post in this thread and you've only had it open for 1 week......AND I'm not even required to post in here at all. So I don't think that a 10 post minimum is that hard to achieve if you are required to do so. And like slambert said, if you are too busy to commit to 10 posts over a matter of at least a couple weeks, then maybe package trains aren't for you! You are doing a great job Jez, like everyone else who supports you has said, we can't please everyone.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information