User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Walmart Quarry Edge Brampton - IS THE WORST! (Oral B and Crest )

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NR3 View Post
    Can anyone please help me understand the toothbrush situation please.
    i'm not crazy so i know what a Manual tooth brush means.....duh there are battery/charger operated brushes and then there are the ones i have to use without assistance besides my hands lol.

So when the cashier gives me b/s about i can only get the one in the picture, how do i defend that????
    Well besides the fact that a good slap wouldn't hurt

********Had that exp too where cashier jumped to conclusion re validity of cpn just by looking @ pic vs reading the darn coupon....SMH again....
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

definitely, you should call HQ. I always get results when I have to call, managers do not like to be called by HQ! How to handle the coupon for toothbrush, I believe it says ANY manual toothbrush.
    PammieD and momi like this.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmamaof03 View Post
    definitely, you should call HQ. I always get results when I have to call, managers do not like to be called by HQ! How to handle the coupon for toothbrush, I believe it says ANY manual toothbrush.
    Exactly - Maybe i should take a dictionary with me next time. Apparently ANY is really hard to understand.
    sam786 likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

NR3.....check out my post that I moved to this forum today .

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

@ matchstix, i am now very pissed, kinda my fault too.
    You are right, i did "overpay" but looking at my receipt, i just realised that
    the f-in cashier only used 4 out of my 5 coupons that i gave her!!!
    i just chalked the charges to it being taxes.
    i have uploaded the reciptAttachment 176818
    i am so mad right now!!!!!
    sorry I didn't mean to anger you! Go give them heck!
    PammieD likes this.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by matchstix View Post
    sorry I didn't mean to anger you! Go give them heck!
    lol no need to apologize.
    i am pissed at them... ***hugs***
    i am about to throw a brick at one of them soon.
    lol short fuse
    CouponingQueen likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    My DH has connections there & told me they keep stock in back so customers won't get much till sale is almost finished.
    When I worked at Walmart I was friends with someone in the Health & beauty section and she said they do keep the stock in the back when they know other places have it on sale or coupons. They lose money when they price match and it can take up to 4 to 6 months to get reimbursed for the coupons they have and they would rather have cash in hand to pay off suppliers, pay cheques etc. Cash is liquid you can do things with cash coupons are a liability because you don't get the money until later and you don't earn interest on the money. And now with fraudulent coupons that are out there companies don't know if they will get there money back. (taking business and accounting - learning about this now)
    Last edited by anastasia1009; Sat, May 11th, 2013 at 01:54 PM.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

NR3.....check out my post that I moved to this forum today .
    Smh.....Done done done with that location

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    When I worked at Walmart I was friends with someone in the Health & beauty section and she said they do keep the stock in the back when they know other places have it on sale or coupons. They lose money when they price match and it can take up to 4 to 6 months to get reimbursed for the coupons they have and they would rather have cash in hand to pay off suppliers, pay cheques etc. Cash is liquid you can do things with cash coupons are a liability because you don't get the money until later and you don't earn interest on the money. And now with fraudulent coupons that are out there companies don't know if they will get there money back. (taking business and accounting - learning about this now)
    Thanks for the info.
    Why do they advertise stuff and not honor it? You know what I mean. If they have issues on their end, then why not change their system.
    Lower prices, price match guarantee blah blah blah my a$$...lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yeah,i had bad experience at this location in the past,i wanted to exchange one item and that was the olay cleanser,the cashier was very rude she said people price match and the they use coupons and then they return the product for full price...i was shocked why she was telling me this type of stories am i look that kind of person to you...i dont wanted the refund or store credit.i just wanted to exchange it because my husband pick up the oily skin one and i have dry skin.but it was impossible there so that cashier gave me so much attitude and then finally she exchanged it.i never went to that location again.
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That Walmart sucks...The cashiers act as if they own the stores.I had a rant this wk too about my Couponning/PM experience @ this same store..I'll go to the new store @ Williams Parkway/Mississauga Rd....just to get away from the bad service...Lets hope they have stuff in the store as it tends to have empty shelves.
    that store is really nice at missisuga road one and their customer service is also good and its close to my house too
    momi and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Thanks for the info.
    Why do they advertise stuff and not honor it? You know what I mean. If they have issues on their end, then why not change their system.
    Lower prices, price match guarantee blah blah blah my a$$...lol
    these sales are determined months and months ago so when they ordered the items from the manufacture they were available. then for what ever reason the manufacture didn't deliver and since other stores like Loblaws, Sobeys etc order the same product and had sales they couldn't keep up. Its a supply and demand - low supply and high demand. Its just not Walmarts fault its the manufacture and other stores who had or will have similar sales. When stores make the orders they go back to previous sales & previous inventory - probably last time this was on sale they had low amount of sales so they order less.
    The only reason people can't find the product is because there are coupons out there and if there were no coupons there would be lots of product. And since the coupon people are buying a crazy amount which leaves little for others. According to my marketing class one has to lay blame on the manufacture for not making enough or promising this product to many places and you have to blame fellow couponers in your area for either taking too many or being a bad couponer & making Walmart have limits and restrictions etc.
    One can not just blame Walmart there are so many contributing factors that I mentioned for why the Walmart in your area is that way because not all Walmarts are like that. People are complaining that a certain Walmart in one's area is bad but for Walmart to be bad there are reasons -bad couponers that made them dislikes couponers, shelf clearer, theft, fraudulent and the list goes on & on.
    Coupons may save the consumer money but coupons for the store cause nothing but trouble in the sense of accounting and business.
    (sorry about the babble - all week is business class & accounting we talked about this and seen examples how some stores lose more money with coupons then get money)
    Last edited by anastasia1009; Sat, May 11th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    these sales are determined months and months ago so when they ordered the items from the manufacture they were available. then for what ever reason the manufacture didn't deliver and since other stores like Loblaws, Sobeys etc order the same product and had sales they couldn't keep up. Its a supply and demand - low supply and high demand. Its just not Walmarts fault its the manufacture and other stores who had or will have similar sales. When stores make the orders they go back to previous sales & previous inventory - probably last time this was on sale they had low amount of sales so they order less.
    The only reason people can't find the product is because there are coupons out there and if there were no coupons there would be lots of product. And since the coupon people are buying a crazy amount which leaves little for others. According to my marketing class one has to lay blame on the manufacture for not making enough or promising this product to many places and you have to blame fellow couponers in your area for either taking too many or being a bad couponer & making Walmart have limits and restrictions etc.
    One can not just blame Walmart there are so many contributing factors that I mentioned for why the Walmart in your area is that way because not all Walmarts are like that. People are complaining that a certain Walmart in one's area is bad but for Walmart to be bad there are reasons -bad couponers that made them dislikes couponers, shelf clearer, theft, fraudulent and the list goes on & on.
    Coupons may save the consumer money but coupons for the store cause nothing but trouble in the sense of accounting and business.
    (sorry about the babble - all week is business class & accounting we talked about this and seen examples how some stores lose more money with coupons then get money)
    This is quite interesting. Thank you for this.
    But...... i am questioning the fact that they advertised the crest and oral b in the flyer, and when I got there the day the flyer started, there was no sign up at least explaining anything in that particular section. Which would have probably been better than me going into the store and playing an easter egg hunt except with toothbrush and toothpaste. It was ridiculous.

Then the cashier can scrutinize the coupon all they want but if the words are written a certain way, and I and everyone else knows what it means, and the cashier pulls a smart one for example I can only get the one in the picture even when the coupon state ANY of that product, then what am I to do?

I still think this location is the worst regardless, I have had too many issues using coupons even when they've had lots of stock.
    momi and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

This is quite interesting. Thank you for this.
    But...... i am questioning the fact that they advertised the crest and oral b in the flyer, and when I got there the day the flyer started, there was no sign up at least explaining anything in that particular section. Which would have probably been better than me going into the store and playing an easter egg hunt except with toothbrush and toothpaste. It was ridiculous.
    Because flyers are nation wide sometimes and Ontario wise depending on the flyer. They can't say the product won't be available in certain stores because the flyer is made in advance and at the time the manufacture probably said they had enough. If there was no coupon to make it free people would never know that Walmart didn't get the shipment but because its free plus overage everyone knows and people complain. If the coupon said .50 cent off or had some weird wording there would be enough on the shelves because its not a good deal.
    Stores that don't like coupons probably have there reason and until couponing calms down, less shelf clearing, less hoarding etc then stores will keep rejecting coupons. After taking my classes I now understand why stores hate coupons and all the accounting part to coupons that stores must hate

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Anastasia, I too understand all factors re Couponning that spark a red (shelf clearing,fraud ,theft etc) but the average shopper won't be happy if a cpn states it can be applied to'ANY' particular product but cashier thinks otherwise....and in my case,the cashier telling me I I'm holding up the line...Not sure how else I could have proceeded to speed things up.She was an older lady & her manual mobility was not the greatest. If she has to call the supv to interpret each cpn on top of going slow, how is that my fault?I wasn't the one operating the register. I was organized & always get compliments from cashiers about this.
    Last edited by Shirnette; Sun, May 12th, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
    sam786 and NR3 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information