User Tag List

Page 337 of 449 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 6729
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Calgary Coupon Hunters *HEADS UP*

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

*sigh* This mail strike has me down in the dumps. I'd just completed my first four trades early last week and have a bunch of coupons stuck somewhere in the mail... For a newbie like me, just building my collection, this has been deflating at best.

Sorry... needed to vent.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

On another topic, I was wondering who you ladies find have the best price for haircuts. DH needs a cut and I dont think I have seen any specials or coupons lately. Thanks for your advice.

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shennig View Post
    *sigh* This mail strike has me down in the dumps. I'd just completed my first four trades early last week and have a bunch of coupons stuck somewhere in the mail... For a newbie like me, just building my collection, this has been deflating at best.

Sorry... needed to vent.
    Chin up! I'm guessing they'll be ordered back to work this week.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...768/story.html

AKE
    Love Deals!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    On another topic, I was wondering who you ladies find have the best price for haircuts. DH needs a cut and I dont think I have seen any specials or coupons lately. Thanks for your advice.
    Best bargain isn't always the best haircut!!! My DH used to go to 'Supercuts' probably had a good cut about 25% of the time (he goes every 3 weeks). I often had to touch it up...if they hadn't already taken too much off that is!!! Now he goes to the Barber in Northland Village Mr Charenaks (or something like that.) It costs a bit more, (about $20) but the cut has ALWAYS been a good one.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKE View Post
    Best bargain isn't always the best haircut!!! My DH used to go to 'Supercuts' probably had a good cut about 25% of the time (he goes every 3 weeks). I often had to touch it up...if they hadn't already taken too much off that is!!! Now he goes to the Barber in Northland Village Mr Charenaks (or something like that.) It costs a bit more, (about $20) but the cut has ALWAYS been a good one.

I agree. You get what you pay for. FirstChoice apparently has deals for $4.99 or something, but seriously, $20 is probably the most ideal price for a men's haircut. Granted, no one ever cuts my DH's hair right, so I always have to go with him because he won't speak up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks ladies!

AKE
    Love Deals!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trash.Cat View Post
    I agree. You get what you pay for. FirstChoice apparently has deals for $4.99 or something, but seriously, $20 is probably the most ideal price for a men's haircut. Granted, no one ever cuts my DH's hair right, so I always have to go with him because he won't speak up.
    I think that's why I was always fixing up his hair after going to some of these other places - he wouldn't speak up. He went to First Choice for a bit too...same story, not good.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKE View Post
    I think that's why I was always fixing up his hair after going to some of these other places - he wouldn't speak up. He went to First Choice for a bit too...same story, not good.
    Men, so silly! How hard is it to say "would you mind please taking a bit more off the sides?"

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

There is a promotion at Great Clips

http://www.greatclips.com/promotions

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

iI went to no frills today and used 10 coupons with no problem. I think someone complained and got them straightened out.. thank you for getting it sorted before i got there!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    iI went to no frills today and used 10 coupons with no problem. I think someone complained and got them straightened out.. thank you for getting it sorted before i got there!
    Was this the Airdrie No Frills?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shennig View Post

Sorry... needed to vent.
    I know exactly where you're coming from, Shennig. I'd just gotten started too (first trade went to the post office last Monday, just before the lockout occurred, have a train envie all ready to go to the post office when the lockout lifts, and had hoped to get into some more trades & trains in the next little while ). You're not alone - we're ALL in this boat together!

But I agree, it's harder for us newbies, with virtually nothing new coming in (except for the odd tearpad I've found in the last week, which I'd hoped to put towards more trades). Hang in there! Hopefully (fingers crossed) this will all be just a bad nightmare before too long!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by findme View Post
    Go Tracy (sorry I don't think I know you, but wanted to cheer for you!!)

This forum and this group in particular is AWESOME. Everyone is so helpful and generous with all there coupons and advice!
    lol Thanks you two. I had a lot of fun too Sue After spending day after day after day after day.... with only kids jabbering for conversation it is soooo nice to hang out with an adult and what better way to spend your time than couponing lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess in this Household View Post
    Great news for those of us who live in the west end of town! I was in the Westbrook Walmart this morning and noticed that they were doing a bunch of renos. I asked the cashier what was going on, and she said that they were putting in a Super Centre there!! Woooot!!! We finally get one in this end of town. Expected opening day is November 19.

Yeah!! My daughter works in the Marlin Travel located in that Walmart store.
    Super news...will have to remember to feed her a steady diet supply of more cpns now so she can shop as well for all of us.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hey all.... just wanted to let you know. A friend was at LD today (think it was the one on 32nd Ave NE) and was asked if we could all start highliting the expiry dates on the coupons. I guess someone used a bunch of expired coupons and the cashier(s) didn't catch it and were all returned so the stores not getting their money back on those one. Just a heads up to be extra careful to check your coupons and make sure they are valid and applicable before using them. I'm not saying it was anyone on here but just a heads up and if we highlite the expiry dates as they asked then it will be easier and quicker to check over the coupons at checkout.

Thread Information