User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Women over 8 months pregnant are just too slow!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh how goes it " bouncy beach ball " ? ( sweetsparrow, try to keep your sanity ) I think you made very good time crossing, let's face it society has changed big time. Inconsiderate, oblivious, rushed, whatever the reason people are not showing courtesy, remember that even IF you do have the right of way, even IF you are right when you step out asserting your right of way, THAT vehicle will always outweigh you ( well I hope) and it will not matter who was right if you get hurt. Stay safe, just swear under your breath if ya have to.
    macw1960 and sweet sparrow like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am so sorry that you (or anyone else for that matter) is subjected to treatment like this. I find that many people simply don't know how to be respectful anymore...maybe they never did. It's so sad that common courtesy is now a misnomer, 'cuz it certainly isn't common.
    Even getting a smile from someone that you pass by is difficult. If someone happens to make eye contact with me, why is it so much trouble to smile back at me? Do they think that being friendly is a sign of weakness or inferiority, that they are somehow lowering themselves to my level? Ugh, I could rant on this for a while, I'll stop myself at the start. It just seems to be such a "me-first, I am top dog" society. How often have I said under my breath "God, thank you for this beautiful creation you've given us, but we've ruined it and sometimes I hate living here". I should change that to "I hate living with some of these people".
    I witnessed a traffic accident the other day, and it seemed to be received with mild surprise by the police officer and insurance agent that I had stopped to offer my information and account of what transpired. I would think that NOT stopping to at least provide contact details would be shameful, but I guess it happens more often than it should. And one of the two drivers involved, who I think was almost fully responsible for the collision, was trying to make it look like it was the other driver's fault. Really? What has happened to taking responsibility for our own actions? The sense of entitlement angers me to no end.
    We need to remember that there ARE still courteous and well-meaning individuals out there! And hopefully are the majority, but they just don't seem to stand out.
    Bless all of you who do the little things like holding the door for someone else.

(so it turned into a rant after all. My apologies.)
    macw1960 and vesper like this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

[QUOTE=sweet sparrow;5468270]I learned it in a driving course. It may also be written in the provincial driver's manual.

I printed out the by-law and dutifully carried and passed out a few while pregnant. I had a real hard time being pregnant and moved in super slow motion. I litterly had to think to move and loved passing out the by-law copies
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

First of all....CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had no idea you are a mommy-to-be !! How exciting!

Secondly, I find people are just in too much of a rush these days....not sure for what; but they are.....everything is faster. I don't like it either. I try to be the good samaritan but people just honk at me or get in a snit (recalling a few instances this past week). Take good care of yourself and we will expect a picture in the 'brag' section very soon ; )

macw1960, sweet sparrow and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think being in a big city makes a difference. I'm slow, I drive slow, take my sweet little time doing things. Acceptable mostly in rural, but I tick off city folks.

Anyway congratulations, sorry folks are impatient.

P.s. some honks might be because guys find you hot. I've known guys who adore pregnant babes.
    macw1960 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    At least that's the message I'm being sent this month. On one shopping trip to Metro, I rounded a corner of a small display unit to find a woman who wanted the same path. I tried to move my heavy cart of groceries, but it wasn't far enough over. After she rammed her cart into mine, she just kept pushing until she created enough room for herself, and kept pushing the cart into my tummy. This was at 7.5 months pregnant.

On three separate occasions in the past few weeks, I've been honked at for crossing the street too slow at stoplights (I think that was the issue). The light was green, I had waited my turn, and pressed the button for the walk signal. The countdown was still counting down and I'd be well within the time limit. I don't move as slowly as possible as I know there are people waiting to turn right or left. Last time, I was carrying two bags out of the grocery plaza, while a driver was trying to turn left. Maybe I was going a smidgen less than my usual speed, but I did not think it was close to a leisurely pace either. He honked at me, very loudly, and it makes me wonder.

I live in a large city, but have lived in cities more than twice this size. I just can't fathom that people can't wait 2 - 3 seconds more for someone 8 months pregnant to cross their lane, loaded down with groceries on a hot, sunny day, while in their air-conditioned cars. Or maybe I'm just fortunate enough to encounter the same annoying person each week? Oh, it makes me grouchy!
    OMG. These people. You should hold up a sign says" 8 months pregnant, slowly down" and see how they react.
    macw1960 likes this.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh how goes it " bouncy beach ball " ? ( sweetsparrow, try to keep your sanity ) I think you made very good time crossing, let's face it society has changed big time. Inconsiderate, oblivious, rushed, whatever the reason people are not showing courtesy, remember that even IF you do have the right of way, even IF you are right when you step out asserting your right of way, THAT vehicle will always outweigh you ( well I hope) and it will not matter who was right if you get hurt. Stay safe, just swear under your breath if ya have to.
    Aw, thank you. I know I have to get out of the way of cars and I'd never be so crazy as to jump out in front of one. Being a pedestrian is hazard enough!

I still remember the shocked look on one driver's face as he nearly clipped me (when I wasn't pregnant) while turning left, and obviously skipped the pedestrian check. I was wearing a neon coloured shirt that day and it's the colour that comes out of a highlighter, so I don't know how he missed me!

Another time, a driver making a right turn, drove into the pedestrian crossing and only stopped while I was a few steps away from being flattened, eye-level with him. I gave him a stern frown and walked up to his door, past the side of his car, close to the front of his bumper before getting on the sidewalk. It was at night, but I wanted him to see the bright reflective panels on my light jacket all the way across his path... It also happened to be the shortest route since he decided to park on the crosswalk.

Sometimes, I just want to give bad drivers a good shake!!
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I think being in a big city makes a difference. I'm slow, I drive slow, take my sweet little time doing things. Acceptable mostly in rural, but I tick off city folks.

Anyway congratulations, sorry folks are impatient.

P.s. some honks might be because guys find you hot. I've known guys who adore pregnant babes.
    Thank you for driving slow.

I work in an industrial area, and there are some men in trucks who honk (strangely even now that I'm pregnant) but they do the "low volume honk". The ones I'm talking about are the "high volume, all out honk". Those are the ones I don't get. I'm not crossing on a red light, my light is still clearly green and the pedestrian signal is on. I take about three seconds to cross a lane and they're acting as if there's someone having a heart attack in their car, because they really, desperately need to turn at T minus 2 seconds ago. What is up with that?

And I believe the guys who honk for fun are really just bored. Driving a truck all day must be lonely for some people.
    macw1960, walkonby and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^^^ just because your preggers, does not mean you're not hot! Yahoo!! Honk honk!!
    i think those men drive like they love. Intense and fast and no consideration for others.
    i don't honk at babes, I open my window and tell them 'strangers candy tastes the best' <<< it never works

Yahoo!!
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information