User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By NR3
  • 3 Post By newtosave
  • 3 Post By NR3
  • 3 Post By oscarandme
  • 1 Post By NR3

Thread: My First $0.00 Subtotal (NF) and small SDM Brag!!!!!

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have FINALLY made a $0.00 subtotal transaction

No Frills

4 x Crest Reg 100ml Toothpaste $4.00 - 4 $1.00 off Coupon - FREE!!!!

Subtotal - $0.00
    Taxes - $0.52 (Cashier gave me back the 2 pennies)
    OOP - $0.50

Then onto SDM

1 x Garnier Body Lotion $4.99 - $2.00 off coupon = $2.99
    2 x Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner @ $2.79 each - $3.50 WUB 2 coupon = $1.04 each
    2 x Dial Men's Body Wash reg $6.99, On sale for $3.99 each - 2 $1.00 coupons = $2.99 each (this is going towards a
    Father's Day Gift basket i am putting together for my hubby)

Subtotal - $11.06
    Tax - $2.28
    OOP - $13.34 Saved $10.40

After paying for my items i checked the receipt in the store and i noticed that the Dial Body Wash
    scanned at the regular price $6.99, so i had to get the price adjusted to $3.99 each, then used the individual $1.00 off coupons.
    I'd upload that receipt, but it's a mess

None the less, i am happy with my shopping trip today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Great job,I guess you could get your Dial body wash free,SCOP.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whoa, SDM has SCOP!!! I did not know that. Thanks so much for the info.
    I'm such a newb!

Quote Originally Posted by newtosave View Post
    Great job,I guess you could get your Dial body wash free,SCOP.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Great job! Yes, I learned the hard way too and now when in doubt, ask for the SCOP. This weekend DH and I went to SDM that we do not normally go to and the cashier did not know about it and DH asked to speak to manager and they said they did but did not really know what the rules are he messed up the receipt so again when in doubt ask and then come back and ask here then return or like what I am going to try to do is send an email and see if they will re-correct the manager mistake. DH thought could not call a SCOP on clearance and apparently you can.

Thanks for sharing.
    ticul, NR3 and Chantique like this.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Great job! Yes, I learned the hard way too and now when in doubt, ask for the SCOP. This weekend DH and I went to SDM that we do not normally go to and the cashier did not know about it and DH asked to speak to manager and they said they did but did not really know what the rules are he messed up the receipt so again when in doubt ask and then come back and ask here then return or like what I am going to try to do is send an email and see if they will re-correct the manager mistake. DH thought could not call a SCOP on clearance and apparently you can.

Thanks for sharing.
    i know Walmart has given us the run around about not using the SCOP on clearance stuff, so glad to know SDM will.

Thank you!!!
    Chantique likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I just wanted to add to my reply to your thread. So we bought a double pack of Cover Girl Lash Blast that was on clearance for 5.00 and a HairBrush for Straightening my hair for 3.00 and I kept shopping and DH had had enough of SDM and said I will pay and go next door. Fine I keep looking and I hear screaming from the front of the store- who else my shy-demure husband (NOT)screaming my name. Both are the wrong price -for once I remember for myself, SCOPS... so they were dumbfounded. Cashier did not know what it was and Manager did but mumbled something about I'm gonna charge you 5.00 and a penny for the other and I argued no-no, both under 10.00, seperate issues should be free and DH argued with me that is right waht he said..I'm thinking I am stuck in a Twilight Zone episode. I looked at him like he had 3 heads and said okay if you say so. We are outside and finally it comes to him that I was right. Do you want to go back in he said and I said no I will send an email.

Well called yesterday and explained the situation and they gave me 5.00 worth of points that I did not really know whatit was which is 4000 points and for my trouble they offered 4000 more. So 10.00 in points and they will call the manager and educate staff on SCOP. To be fair it is a ritzy area of town that I do not see SCOPS being called too often. Oh yes and CLEARANCE IS SCOPABLE!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just wanted to add to my reply to your thread. So we bought a double pack of Cover Girl Lash Blast that was on clearance for 5.00 and a HairBrush for Straightening my hair for 3.00 and I kept shopping and DH had had enough of SDM and said I will pay and go next door. Fine I keep looking and I hear screaming from the front of the store- who else my shy-demure husband (NOT)screaming my name. Both are the wrong price -for once I remember for myself, SCOPS... so they were dumbfounded. Cashier did not know what it was and Manager did but mumbled something about I'm gonna charge you 5.00 and a penny for the other and I argued no-no, both under 10.00, seperate issues should be free and DH argued with me that is right waht he said..I'm thinking I am stuck in a Twilight Zone episode. I looked at him like he had 3 heads and said okay if you say so. We are outside and finally it comes to him that I was right. Do you want to go back in he said and I said no I will send an email.

Well called yesterday and explained the situation and they gave me 5.00 worth of points that I did not really know whatit was which is 4000 points and for my trouble they offered 4000 more. So 10.00 in points and they will call the manager and educate staff on SCOP. To be fair it is a ritzy area of town that I do not see SCOPS being called too often. Oh yes and CLEARANCE IS SCOPABLE!!!!!

Everything about this reply is entertaining and informative
    it's good that they offered you the additional points, and hopefully they pull through with education their staff about SCOP and also couponing in general i should say.

Thread Information