• 2 Post By Lyssia510
  • 4 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 3 Post By Candini
  • 3 Post By quicktocoupon
  • 1 Post By vesper

Thread: *ULTRA* Cheap People. x-(

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I would first like to say that yes, I AM FRUGAL. I don`t mind a good deal. I don`t just give my money to anybody.

But I do NOT like people who want everything for nothing.

I had a yard sale today. I wanted everything gone (within reason)

I have tons of baby stuff that was next to new, had tags and everything.

A person grabbed one full baby outfit (never worn), a top, two DVD movies (one unopened) a gym set for babies, and some yoga equipment. Wanted For $5.
    And would not let up.

Like even value village wouldn`t be that cheap, you know what I mean?

Anyways, now that that's off my chest. My day was wonderful and made more $$$ than I thought I would.

Thanks for listening, kittens
    This thread is currently associated with: Value Village

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

It's tough, sometimes, and really annoying when they think that repeating themselves endlessly will get what they want!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I gave up on garage sales, just not worth my time. I'd rather just give it to a friend that needs it.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This why I use the facebook bidding wars websites now. I can start the bidding at the minimum I want for it and no haggling and I can sell things at my own conveniance without wasting a whole day of my weekend. Its amazing what you can sell, the best one yet was when I sold two cans of air freshener, one of which was partially used.
    ticul, Candini, vesper and 1 others like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

that happened to my familys garage sale as well.
    constant people wanting everything for nothing.
    now i remember why i dont like holding garage sales lol

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I find the same on Kijiji as well. I listed an exersaucer (reg. $130) for $30, which was at least $10 less than other postings, and someone e-mailed me to ask if I would take $15 for it. I ignored them. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people who do this, do it with the intent of reselling it themselves to make a profit.
    Insane, Ciel, Candini and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giddymonkey View Post
    I find the same on Kijiji as well. I listed an exersaucer (reg. $130) for $30, which was at least $10 less than other postings, and someone e-mailed me to ask if I would take $15 for it. I ignored them. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people who do this, do it with the intent of reselling it themselves to make a profit.

Absolutely! No doubt.

I had a Juicy couture and a Betsey johnson bag at my garage sale (asked $20 for EACH) Which is a pretty good deal compared to e bay and kijiji

And some guy tried twisting my words saying I said $20 for both. I laughed. I`m like these bags are originally like $100 each.
    Ciel and vesper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i've started putting prices tags on everything unless I just want the item gone which helps a bit.
    Ciel, Candini and oscarandme like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree that being cheap and being frugal are not the same thing! For a few years I have been watching where my money goes, collecting coupons and looking for deals. It is always a learning experience. And every situation is an opportunity to practice kindness for yourself and others. i was so careful with money it was painful. Now I let my money buy the good things like charity, going to a yoga ashram for a week and for my geriatric cat. All we can do is kindly educate and set limits for ourselves and others. I have had cashiers set me limits for better or for worse.

Also I wanted to share my experience at the last 1/2 price value village sale for members. I was in 7th heaven and bought so many new outfits and new styles to try. Skirts for $3.50, dresses for $7 and pants for $4.50. 2 stylish coats for $3.50 each and a snazzy flashy purse for $4. Shirts for $2-$4 Then I lent my members card to a family with a new baby at the store on the day I was shopping. they thanked me profusely! I also told everybody I knew about the sale. And sent a thank you note to value village who sent it to the staff at the store I shopped at. This was one of my special deal times. I scored in new fun clothes and practiced gratitude and sharing! I love this.

Thank you for listening, happy living, shopping and loving!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had a yard sale a few weeks ago, and these two ladies wanted everything for nothing. Like they wanted all 3 vacuum cleaners I had, 4 pairs of shoes, 2 purses, 5 bottles of perfume and a huge box full of barbies for 10.00. And when I said no they screamed at me that I want to much for things(the most expensive thing I had was the vacuum cleaners for 10.00 each, nothing else was over 4.00 and everything was brand name and bought in the past 2 years). I finally told them if they thought my prices were too high they could go elsewhere, and then I got accused of being racist.
    I remember having yard sales with my mom back in the day, and while people might try to haggle they were (99% of the time) always reasonable. Now days people just want everything for nothing and get pissy when you say no.
    Ciel and quicktocoupon like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I genreally only shop yard sales if I want something and I have an idea what I'm prepared to pay. If the item is there and the price is too high I offer what I think is reasonable, If I'm told no ..I go on my way and look at other places.

If I haven't got want I wanted , I'll probaly pass-by later and see if the item is still there and the sellar is prepared to negioate...if no..then I leave. Life's too short to pitch a hissy fit like a spoilt brat.
    Ciel, ancarett, Candini and 1 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I genreally only shop yard sales if I want something and I have an idea what I'm prepared to pay. If the item is there and the price is too high I offer what I think is reasonable, If I'm told no ..I go on my way and look at other places.

If I haven't got want I wanted , I'll probaly pass-by later and see if the item is still there and the sellar is prepared to negioate...if no..then I leave. Life's too short to pitch a hissy fit like a spoilt brat.
    I like that. Some people don`t have that logic, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I had a yard sale a few weeks ago, and these two ladies wanted everything for nothing. Like they wanted all 3 vacuum cleaners I had, 4 pairs of shoes, 2 purses, 5 bottles of perfume and a huge box full of barbies for 10.00. And when I said no they screamed at me that I want to much for things(the most expensive thing I had was the vacuum cleaners for 10.00 each, nothing else was over 4.00 and everything was brand name and bought in the past 2 years). I finally told them if they thought my prices were too high they could go elsewhere, and then I got accused of being racist.
    I remember having yard sales with my mom back in the day, and while people might try to haggle they were (99% of the time) always reasonable. Now days people just want everything for nothing and get pissy when you say no.

Wow. If anyone yelled at me on my property I`d flip.
    Ciel, Darth Penguin and i_forget like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I like that. Some people don`t have that logic, unfortunately.

Wow. If anyone yelled at me on my property I`d flip.
    i know right? Me too. Chase them with my hose or something!
    Ciel, Cocottee00 and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm that cheap guy! Sorry!
    Negotiating prices is my favorite thing to do, I just went to country tire store and convinced them to sell me used tire, install it for $50
    Candini likes this.

Thread Information