User Tag List

Page 182 of 654 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 9807
Like Tree37301Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Clueless cashier yesterday. Waited FOREVER for her to process the customer in front of us. Huge line formed behind. We had two identical items that we were PMing. She PMs one, but not the other. We check the receipt and she says we didn't tell her about the second PM??? Except they are identical and right in front of you and we asked "did you do the PM?"

Now we have to explain "did you do the price matches for these two identical items?" How annoying will checking out become if this becomes the norm?

Then we had to wait in line again at customer service to get it corrected
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Aug 22nd, 2014 at 09:44 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

"You didn't respond to my facebook message! Why are you mad at me??" Proceeds to go around telling others that I am angry at them. Did you ever think I didn't see it?!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Me to her: Hey I see you went to *insert my favourite event.*

Her: would you have gone if I had asked you?

Me: doesn't matter now. It's over already

Her: Why do you always make me feel guilty about going out!!!?? You have been doing it for years and years.

Huh?????

I can't make conversation? If you feel guilty about it, that's in your head and don't turn around and blame it on me. I didn't say anything except "oh you went to that thing."

I am 32 years old. Why do people still act like high school?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Aug 22nd, 2014 at 10:36 AM.
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

^ So glad I don't have friends and better yet Facebook
    JadeAngel, Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hate Facebook. I have to use it every day at work (part of my job) so I choose no to use it at home. Apparently if you don't use it every day you hate your friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    ^ So glad I don't have friends and better yet Facebook
    Ciel, momi and Cata like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Finally got my toddler to nap, after 20 mins of quiet I went in to check on her and she had taken off her diaper and there's poop everywhere. No choice but to wake her up to clean her and now she won't go back to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel, BC Gal, wolfwoman and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Crazy weather. Hot, cold, hot, cold.....all in the same day! Now the freaking flies are trying to move in to keep warm.
    Ciel, cath007, BC Gal and 2 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@wolfwoman -how's your supply of Off! Clip On units? Yes, the temperatures are playing rollercoaster across the land. A bite's a bite no matter how small the insect.

Yesterday, a couple of insects decided a white towel drying on the line was their personal loo. Had to soak and rewash the towel and hung it downstairs instead.
    BC Gal, torontogal12 and momi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Why is gas, bread and milk so much more expensive in quebec than ontario?? I am NOT paying $7 for a 4L bag of milk
    plc, cath007, torontogal12 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

4L can cost $6.50 here. Is that the sale price or the full price? The price of milk/cheese/yogurt in this country is unreal. I was in a remote island in the pacific a few months ago. One person asked about the price of milk here and she was shocked at how much more expensive it is.

More expensive than a place where they have to fly in everything LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by nursegirl View Post
    Why is gas, bread and milk so much more expensive in quebec than ontario?? I am NOT paying $7 for a 4L bag of milk
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

so today we decided to take a nice drive to downtown dundas. first we went to frostys fish & chips....i just wanted fish,,,so for $7.60 (tx included) i get ONE piece of fish about the size of my hand. & the side of coleslaw was old b/c it was wilted & tasted old. ,,lesson learned?....wont be going there again.
    walking past alot of artists "one of a kind" stores...PRICEY!
    walked past a small market, noticed a pint of strawberries- $6.75 FOR A PINT OF BERRIES!!! the blackberries were $5-
    ended up at taylors tea room.....great tea & awsome scones,,,yes they are $5- but they are HUGE.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There is I believe a minimum price for things like bread and milk to keep the farmers competitive...But Ican't remember seeing milk for $7/4l...I'm paying round $5.80/4l of 1% in rural Qc..
    cath007 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I was in Ontario for the summer and was amazed at some of the price differences compared to Alberta. 4L of milk in Alberta ranges from $4.50 - $5.00. The milk in Ontario was $3.99 at some places and others were closer to the $5.00. Back home I usually buy the store brand multigrain loafs but didn't see anything we liked in the stores in Ontario. So we bought the Dempsters smooth multigrain loafs. The regular price was $3.09. I get back home and the here the regular price is $4.19. It feels like highway robbery.
    cath007 and keeko1 like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

My kids failed their swimming lessons for the 2nd time.

Last time they failed because they couldn't do a "front float glide - unassisted for 3 seconds". A bit annoying, the instructor said she was close to passing them but thought they could really benefit from a bit more practice. Annoying but okay, that's fair. I enrolled them for the same level right away so they wouldn't forget any of the skills they learned. It's now 8 weeks later (and $130) and they have failed again. This time DD apparently can't do MORE THAN HALF the skills (like 10 things). WTH? DS's report was BLANK. She said she must have forgot to fill it out but he's about where DD is. Again WTH?

How did they lose 10 skills while in swimming lessons???

Their current instructor couldn't tell me why. She didn't really know anything.

I'm super annoyed because I've seen them doing ALL the skills she says they cannot do. DH and I have been practising with them during the week in our own pool (based on their mid-term report card that said what they needed to work on - which again was pretty much just the front float).

So glad I've enrolled them at the YMCA for September. Seems like the city's program is not helping at all, in fact it's more of a money grab than anything.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    My kids failed their swimming lessons for the 2nd time.

Last time they failed because they couldn't do a "front float glide - unassisted for 3 seconds". A bit annoying, the instructor said she was close to passing them but thought they could really benefit from a bit more practice. Annoying but okay, that's fair. I enrolled them for the same level right away so they wouldn't forget any of the skills they learned. It's now 8 weeks later (and $130) and they have failed again. This time DD apparently can't do MORE THAN HALF the skills (like 10 things). WTH? DS's report was BLANK. She said she must have forgot to fill it out but he's about where DD is. Again WTH?

How did they lose 10 skills while in swimming lessons???

Their current instructor couldn't tell me why. She didn't really know anything.

I'm super annoyed because I've seen them doing ALL the skills she says they cannot do. DH and I have been practising with them during the week in our own pool (based on their mid-term report card that said what they needed to work on - which again was pretty much just the front float).

So glad I've enrolled them at the YMCA for September. Seems like the city's program is not helping at all, in fact it's more of a money grab than anything.
    I had that happen with dd too. We're going into the same level for the fourth time and it's always something that she could do the last time that fails her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information