User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Sent to Walmart Corporate

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Great letter, to the point, clear and concise. I look forward to hearing the response.
    torontogal12 and karenms like this.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i am also havining problem using my coupons at walmart from the last couple of months..i had the coupon buy any venus cartridge pack and get venus razor free.i got venus cartridge pack for 11.84 and picked venus embrace razor which was 13.43 to get it free.but she the super visor refused to accept it,first she said it exceeds the price as compared to cartridge pack,i told ker on the coupon it states maximum value 18 .49.the she start arguing the razor pack is value pack because it has 2 cartridges,i again explained ma'm value pack means something like gift pack or bonus pack,moreover it comes like this can you please tell me where on the package does it say its value pack.any way when i was completely able to convince her she started another issue why dont i get the same item showing in picture and the i explained again it says any on the coupon and what about if i dont use that specific product.any way i wasted my 1 hour just for explaining the things and no use of it .at the end my husband was mad at me...
    Last edited by momi; Mon, Jun 24th, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
    karenms and quicktocoupon like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am beyond shocked! Here is the corporate response:

Good afternoon Karen,

We currently do not have publicly available Policy for coupons in Canada. Your local Wal-Mart stores have coupon guidelines which are used to accommodate our customers. Should you need further clarification with your coupons, please contact your local Wal-Mart Store Manager who will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Store manager for this location is JASON SALMON and the phone number is 613 384 9071

Thank you

Sincerely,

Sylvie
    Bilingual Customer Experience

AND MINE

Good Evening Sylvie

I'm sorry you are mistaken I received a copy of Walmart's coupon policy upon request months ago. I'm sorry but you are truly leaving me shocked here. Not only is your information to me incorrect, you have addressed very little outlined in my original e-mail. Do you not think in light of customer service/or lack there of an apology is in order? Do you not think it relevant that your store management representatives don't know Walmart policies? Do you find it acceptable to leave a customer at the front end for 1 hour? Why are questions posed to corporate being referred back to store level? Is this to be the new ongoing version of Walmart customer service...no response at all? I think I prefer to move this further up the corporate chain. Please advise me who your direct supervisor is and their email address.

GeorgiaK and Brooke_ like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karenms View Post

Good afternoon Karen,

We currently do not have publicly available Policy for coupons in Canada. Your local Wal-Mart stores have coupon guidelines which are used to accommodate our customers. Should you need further clarification with your coupons, please contact your local Wal-Mart Store Manager who will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Store manager for this location is JASON SALMON and the phone number is 613 384 9071

Thank you

Sincerely,

Sylvie

AND MINE

Good Evening Sylvie

I'm sorry you are mistaken I received a copy of Walmart's coupon policy upon request months ago. I'm sorry but you are truly leaving me shocked here. Not only is your information to me incorrect, you have addressed very little outlined in my original e-mail. Do you not think in light of customer service/or lack there of an apology is in order? Do you not think it relevant that your store management representatives don't know Walmart policies? Do you find it acceptable to leave a customer at the front end for 1 hour? Why are questions posed to corporate being referred back to store level? Is this to be the new ongoing version of Walmart customer service...no response at all? I think I prefer to move this further up the corporate chain. Please advise me who your direct supervisor is and their email address.

I'll say it for the 100th time I HATE WALMART! This letter basically says Walmart can make up whatever they want.... Scum sucking corporation!
    GoJays and karenms like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow Awesome letter very well written. I am sure head office will take your letter seriously! Luckily I have no issues at my walmart since my walmart CSM have learned to know the coupons since I have shopped there lol. I hope that your wonderful letter will help make a difference and I am positive it will

Thank you for taking the time to write that out
    karenms likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect much to come from this. Walmart is not good at fixing customer complaints. I wrote to them quite a while ago and after about two weeks of back and forth emails they asked for my home number. After providing it, I never heard back from them.
    Luckily for me we have several Walmart locations so I just don't go to the one that limits one coupon
    karenms likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Good afternoon Karen,

Thank you

Sincerely,

Sylvie

AND MINE

Good Evening Sylvie

First, congrats on a well-written letter

This has been discussed before -- I know because I have posted this response before, but here goes again:

It sounds to me you contacted customer service and not corporate. You need to contact corporate. Customer service reps - supervisor or not -- will interpret the guidelines according to their what they think it means -- and usually in favor of walmart. And yes, they are only guidelines -- I spoke to corporate about this and they told me a couponer who received them via email posted them as walmart policy.

I don't have the corporate # at the moment, but if you google walmart coupon policy to get to a site that has the guidelines posted (but listed as policy), you'll see a name and number to call at corporate. It's a different person now, but the number is still right. Her title is more corporate-sounding than 'customer experience' or customer service xxx.

Fyi, you are right about one per purchase vs one per transaction, so you should have been able to use all the coupons.

I would suggest those who shop at WM carry a copy of the guidelines. Even though it's not the policy, corporate does expect the stores to comply with them

Silk
    Have a great life!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have taken Walmart to task on this before - have a copy of the coupon policy at each wicket - if not at least at the customer service desk - each coupon is a sale and no one is ever going to tell me that the biggest retailer in the world is not going to be fully reimbursed for any coupon and they are not going to have manufacturers going thru their tapes - but lets start with current copies of coupon policies on hand!!!!!!!!
    karenms likes this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

love the letter - i had a problem using some coupons at the walmart in brampton. The cashier didn't understand the wording, so she asked another cashier who asked the manager - manager came over and started reading the coupon back to me as if I didn't understand English.. then he proceeded to tell me since the product was $1.99, and the coupon was $2, I couldn't use the coupon because it would make the product free! i remained calm, told him i could use it and have done it tons of time - and yes, the product is free for me, but the store is not "giving" it away for free, they are making their money back from the manufacturer. After a half hour of discussion (he thought by talking loudly, i would be intimidated), he finally gave up and let me purchase the products with my coupons.

Which walmart did u have a problem with?
    karenms likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Looks to me like she just pretty much skimmed through your letter and wrote a quick reply. Not even addressing to any of your questions or concerns. Ugh I hate wal Mart like that. Sorry this is turning not such a mess for you
    karenms likes this.
    busy, busy, busy

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Oh wow! Just wow. A beautifully written letter, addressing specific grievances and concerns, and you got back that generic piece of crap? GRRRRRRRR>.....dont give up, take it higher.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy to report situation has been resolved. I was contacted this afternoon by the Kingston store manager. He apologized and within our conversation it is agreed that Walmart does not and should not limit manufacturer coupons. As long as they are valid , items being purchased are correct, multi-purchases are still a sale for the store. He will be meeting with his staff to discuss this and make sure his staff is clear on this.

We were also able to resolve where the conflict originated from. Someone had tried to purchase 25 bottles of vitamins with Rexall store coupons. As I'm sure most couponers are aware stores do not get reimbursed when they accept another stores coupons. When staff were told not to do so, I believe some took this to mean manufacturer coupons as well. I fully understand and agree with Walmart on the store coupon issue.

I am happy with this resolution and will continue to shop at Walmart.
    Silk, Shwa Girl, cjethani and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Happy to report situation has been resolved. I was contacted this afternoon by the Kingston store manager. He apologized and within our conversation it is agreed that Walmart does not and should not limit manufacturer coupons. As long as they are valid , items being purchased are correct, multi-purchases are still a sale for the store. He will be meeting with his staff to discuss this and make sure his staff is clear on this.
    Great. Contacting head office got results. Too bad it had to go that far, but at least it is resolved.
    karenms likes this.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great outcome
    karenms likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information