User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Dogs in Stores???

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    They would go in the store with me. I would never EVER leave my babies in my vehicle! Would you leave a 2- legged child alone in a vehicle?
    Yes..she's 16 and has a cell phone.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two weeks ago on public sidewalk on way to grocery store: woman with dog near her but not attached to the leash in her hand (what I call "walking the leash" mode). I slow down and look at the dog/owner. She stops her dog, attaches leash, and walks by as I skirt them on the grass. I turn around about a few metres past and look. Dog is off the leash. Looked to be a Great Dane dog and it did not lunge or act up, just ambled along.
    I also see this happening with a couple of other dog owners and also on the rail trail and the park off the rail trail that has the community playground for the survey around it. Mind you the single dog park in town is beside the SilverCity complex...and it looks busy whenever I've gone by on the way to another area of big box land by foot.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    They would go in the store with me. I would never EVER leave my babies in my vehicle! Would you leave a 2- legged child alone in a vehicle?
    I am happy that you care deeply for your pets. Your posts are great about the horses and cats etc.
    Animals like me and I like them -- especially the cute ones.
    I will not treat a pet like a human. Babies are not pets, so I would not even think of leaving one in a car. I would leave my pet at home in their cushy bed or with their favourite toy. Even turn the radio on to keep them company while I am away.

My friend tells her pet that when she leaves, he is on guard duty. He protects the house. When she comes back home, she pretends to inspect the house while her pet follows. If nothing is ripped, torn or knocked over, he gets a treat and a pat for doing a good job on guard duty.
    Meaning no disrespect in this response.
    Hope the rest of your week goes well.
    nainai0585, wolfwoman and d.ot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great Danes are one of the gentlest breeds around.

What annoys me? People who tell their kids that my "big dog will hurt them".

I have a Collie. Their child better never fall down a well, Killer Lassie might not want to get his fur wet
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I have to play devils advocate here...

1) your children should be taught not to touch random dogs. The end. You are right dogs are unpredictable and it is YOUR job as a parent to teach your children how to behave around them. Honestly they amount of kids that come flying at my dogs as oarents text is ridiculous. Luckily I'm a responsible owner and tell the kids they can't touch them. They aren't mean but sorry I'm not having you blame me for not controlling your kidlets around an unpredictable creature. Yes I have kids of my own and they are taught basically in the womb how to treat living things.
    2) if you are worried about feces or hair, I'd advise not looking at what stock rooms and warehouse conditions are like. There is a reason you are supposed to wash food and clothing when you get it home. Rats and their feces and urine are everywhere. Not to mention the chemicals sprayed on clothing to preserve it.
    3) as for dogs peeing and pooping in a store... Sorry but my dogs are actually trained not to defacate in buildings regardless of if it's their house. Lol! That's just poor pet training if they pee in a store.
    4) as for feces in general, have you looked up stats on how many humans do not wash their hands after using the restroom and how much fecal mater is on everyday items? I'd say possibly getting dog poop on your shoe is the least of your worries.
    5) and what about unstable people? Should they be banned from stores because they are unpredictable? I mean no judgement there, just a question. People are dangerous too.
    6) as for allergies, should peanuts, soy, flowers, fish, and so on be banned from all stores too? Again just bringing up a point.

Do I think dogs need to come shopping with owners? No, but I think we are making mountains out of mole hills here.
    pippinelkhound, Ciel, d.ot and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I have to play devils advocate here...

1) your children should be taught not to touch random dogs. The end. You are right dogs are unpredictable and it is YOUR job as a parent to teach your children how to behave around them. Honestly they amount of kids that come flying at my dogs as oarents text is ridiculous. Luckily I'm a responsible owner and tell the kids they can't touch them. They aren't mean but sorry I'm not having you blame me for not controlling your kidlets around an unpredictable creature. Yes I have kids of my own and they are taught basically in the womb how to treat living things.
    2) if you are worried about feces or hair, I'd advise not looking at what stock rooms and warehouse conditions are like. There is a reason you are supposed to wash food and clothing when you get it home. Rats and their feces and urine are everywhere. Not to mention the chemicals sprayed on clothing to preserve it.
    3) as for dogs peeing and pooping in a store... Sorry but my dogs are actually trained not to defacate in buildings regardless of if it's their house. Lol! That's just poor pet training if they pee in a store.
    4) as for feces in general, have you looked up stats on how many humans do not wash their hands after using the restroom and how much fecal mater is on everyday items? I'd say possibly getting dog poop on your shoe is the least of your worries.
    5) and what about unstable people? Should they be banned from stores because they are unpredictable? I mean no judgement there, just a question. People are dangerous too.
    6) as for allergies, should peanuts, soy, flowers, fish, and so on be banned from all stores too? Again just bringing up a point.

Do I think dogs need to come shopping with owners? No, but I think we are making mountains out of mole hills here.
    Retailers who carry food items recognize their responsibility for health and safety. Retailers will be shut down if infractions occur.

While other contaminants may exist in a retail enviroment, steps taken to minimize contamination are in place. One such step is to dissuade additional source of contaminants such as pets.

Unstable individuals do shop. Most have not issues when they shop. Retailers have actions in place if an incident arises.

Thanks for playing devil's advocate

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information