User Tag List

Page 1176 of 1320 FirstFirst ... 176 676 1076 1126 1166 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1186 1226 1276 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,640 of 19789
Like Tree120297Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best deal this week?????

  1. #17626
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3
    Likes Received
    7
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Pampers Baby Dry diapers (104 count) for $22.99. Used 10,000 PC Optimum points and got $10 off. Bought at $12.99!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9, sweetmomma and 1 others like this.

  2. #17627
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    52
    Likes Received
    68
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    Thank you @flemeth @Arjon and @LauraB ell81 for your comments and inputs.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    ROMEO and barbis9 like this.

  3. #17628
    University Couponer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Thorold/ Tottenham
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,275
    Likes Received
    8920
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by jzs1598 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I have a question for all the couponers.

    When I shopped at RCSS yesterday, I price matched 2 Kellogg's cereal and used one WUB2 Kellogg's cereal save $2 coupon. The cashier said he would allow the coupon this time but you can't price match and use coupon at the same time. I'm looking at the Kellogg's coupon's term it says: "one coupon per purchase. Not valid in combination with any other offers."

    Is the cashier right that I can't price match and use coupon on this instance?

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    I might not have been couponing as long as some others on here, but normally, I rarely encounter issues like that. Stores that I visit are almost always good with a price match and coupon.

    If I ever encounter a store that is constantly doing that, I stop shopping there... I use to do all the shopping for my family when I still lived at home in our old home town (Ajax). I use to shop at RCSS Ajax, but it got so difficult with couponing at RCSS Ajax, that I opted to drive the 15 mins each way to RCSS Whitby, and it was the best decision I made at the time. And now shopping there when I visit my friend, they are normally very good there with coupons and price matching. We normally spend at least a half hour in checkout with minimal problems now that we know which cashiers to trust with this. I avoid RCSS Ajax irregardless now. And here in St.Kitts, there are stores I will avoid, mainly a Zehrs and a Shoppers who are both horrible with coupons mainly because of supervisors.
    barbis9, 2shopmom and Arjon like this.

  4. #17629
    Smart Canuck Arjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    1,400
    Likes Received
    2964
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I might not have been couponing as long as some others on here, but normally, I rarely encounter issues like that. Stores that I visit are almost always good with a price match and coupon.

    If I ever encounter a store that is constantly doing that, I stop shopping there... I use to do all the shopping for my family when I still lived at home in our old home town (Ajax). I use to shop at RCSS Ajax, but it got so difficult with couponing at RCSS Ajax, that I opted to drive the 15 mins each way to RCSS Whitby, and it was the best decision I made at the time. And now shopping there when I visit my friend, they are normally very good there with coupons and price matching. We normally spend at least a half hour in checkout with minimal problems now that we know which cashiers to trust with this. I avoid RCSS Ajax irregardless now. And here in St.Kitts, there are stores I will avoid, mainly a Zehrs and a Shoppers who are both horrible with coupons mainly because of supervisors.
    I'll second both of the main points and expand a bit. Issues don't come up very often, and they come up even less often as I continue to learn which cashiers at each store where I shop at least once every few weeks are harder on PMing and couponing. Since there aren't all that many, it's not hard to remember and to avoid them.

    As for entire stores, one No Frills in my vicinity was never receptive to coupons, so a few years ago, when I raised my coupon game from the casual level, I basically stopped going there. Even when I don't plan to use any, I almost always go elsewhere, not out of malice or spite, but because when my shopping values changed, the store didn't fit them as well as it used to fit my previous ones, which meant I got out of the habit of going there. .
    ROMEO, barbis9, Big Pink and 1 others like this.

  5. #17630
    University Couponer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Thorold/ Tottenham
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,275
    Likes Received
    8920
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I'll second both of the main points and expand a bit. Issues don't come up very often, and they come up even less often as I continue to learn which cashiers at each store where I shop at least once every few weeks are harder on PMing and couponing. Since there aren't all that many, it's not hard to remember and to avoid them.

    As for entire stores, one No Frills in my vicinity was never receptive to coupons, so a few years ago, when I raised my coupon game from the casual level, I basically stopped going there. Even when I don't plan to use any, I almost always go elsewhere, not out of malice or spite, but because when my shopping values changed, the store didn't fit them as well as it used to fit my previous ones, which meant I got out of the habit of going there. .
    I guess for me, the stopping of shopping at RCSS Ajax was because it wasn't that they were never receptive to couponing. When I first started, they were decent with coupon acceptance, and price matching even under the old policy (Virtually all of Ontario). But as old cashiers/supervisors left and new ones came in, they began to seemingly not have the proper training in coupons and price matching and were denying almost everything that was always valid.

    I still remember the last time I shopped there. I was getting some cereal I believe, using a price match and coupon, and the cashier, much like @jzs1598 had at her store, they were trying to deny by saying you can't price match and use a coupon. And the lady at the register was a rude supervisor I had dealt with before during my time shopping there so I was arguing the coupon with her, and she kept telling me I was wrong every way she could. I can't remember what I did after that though (If she gave the old, "We'll do it this one time" or left), but that was the last straw for me, and I almost never went back.
    barbis9 likes this.

  6. #17631
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    52
    Likes Received
    68
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    Thank you all for your comments.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9 and dededi like this.

  7. #17632
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    52
    Likes Received
    68
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    Like everyone said here, maybe it's time to start going to a different store that's more coupon and price matching friendly.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9, johnb56789 and 1 others like this.

  8. #17633
    University Couponer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Thorold/ Tottenham
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,275
    Likes Received
    8920
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by jzs1598 View Post
    Like everyone said here, maybe it's time to start going to a different store that's more coupon and price matching friendly.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Well, it does seem like Oshawa South is just about as far from you as Oshawa North. Although I don't know how they are for coupons/price matching. If you are able to make the extra drive, Whitby is REALLY worth it from all my experiences. AND right next door, you've got a Walmart that price matches Ontario wide, so it could be much more worth it to make the 30 min trip each way when you have the time to do it. I know when I visit my parents, I make a 30 min trip from Tottenham to Newmarket just to GET an RCSS, our stores in town are only Foodland and Vinces. But Alliston (20min trip) has Freshco, Zehrs, and Walmart.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

  9. #17634
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,935
    Likes Received
    5469
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    I would also complain to the manufacturer of the coupons about stores not accepting coupons.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Sep 30th, 2019 at 09:59 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.

  10. #17635
    Smart Canuck Arjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    1,400
    Likes Received
    2964
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I would also complain to the manufacturer of the coupons about stores not accepting coupons.
    That would be pointless since stores are not obligated to accept manufacturers' coupons.
    Big Pink and agarla like this.

  11. #17636
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,935
    Likes Received
    5469
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    That would be pointless since stores are not obligated to accept manufacturers' coupons.
    Yes, but the manufacturer might send you something for free. That's happened to me in the past.
    Thatdone likes this.

  12. #17637
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,935
    Likes Received
    5469
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Shoppers has Aveeno on for $9.99, I found one with a free full-sized hand cream attached and a $1 off coupon. The hand cream sells for $5.99 so very happy 😊
    coupon girl, Big Pink and list465 like this.

  13. #17638
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    8,865
    Likes Received
    22198
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    I had 20 Barilla $0.75 coupons that I traded for that exp today Sept 30 . So I went to Walmart and PM with Loblaws $1.00 sale this morning was very Happy I got to used them because I forget about them. So for $5.00 I got 20 boxes of the different kinds for our local School Food Thanksgiving Drive..
    barbis9, list465 and Linda Evans like this.

  14. #17639
    Smart Canuck Arjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    1,400
    Likes Received
    2964
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Yes, but the manufacturer might send you something for free. That's happened to me in the past.
    Fair enough. only probably pointless. ;p
    barbis9 likes this.

  15. #17640
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    9,856
    Likes Received
    42984
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    2 boxes of Huggies diapers for $17.37 after clearance, coupon, SCOP and PC Insiders pts. Starting gathering gift items for January baby to be born to friends ( I redeemed PC pts too )
    ROMEO, Purdee, Poirot and 7 others like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •