• 1 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By WINNIPEGZELDA
  • 2 Post By BC Gal
  • 1 Post By GatineauGirl

Thread: Rexall SCOP policy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Not sure which section to post this, so trying here. Mods, if it should be somewhere else, please let me know.

I went to Rexall today to buy some cookies and while I was there, I picked up some Clean & Clear body wash as it was on clearance for $3.96.

The body wash scanned at regular price of $7.99 which I quickly pointed out. Cashier sent someone to investigate. The guy came back with the tags and said yes, they are $3.96. So he took over my transaction. As he was ringing it up, I said: "So, as it rang up at the wrong price, that means that it should be..." I didn't get to say "free" that he asked me: "Are you claiming the scanning code of practice?" I said yes. He then told me that at Rexall, the honour it, but the customer has to ask for it.

I don't know if this is all Rexalls or just this one that has the practice of requiring customers to ask for the SCOP, but I thought I would let people know in case it is widespread within that chain. The cashier said this was a recent change for them.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Unfortunately NO ONE has to ask for it unless they don't give it to you - they opt into this program so it is mandatory

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was charged $27.00 too much for a bottle of vitamins. When I returned, I was told that Rexall doesn't comply with SCOP. (This happened in Ottawa.) Why, oh why, did I try shopping at Rexall again? It's always a disappointment. Well.ca at least has the best customer service in the industry, IMHO. I only wish I had shopped there, now.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Rexall doesn't participate in SCOP. .
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    My Rexall doesn't participate in SCOP. .
    Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
    maple7 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    I was charged $27.00 too much for a bottle of vitamins. When I returned, I was told that Rexall doesn't comply with SCOP. (This happened in Ottawa.) Why, oh why, did I try shopping at Rexall again? It's always a disappointment. Well.ca at least has the best customer service in the industry, IMHO. I only wish I had shopped there, now.
    Rexall in Quebec though has to participate in SCOP it's the law.
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    Unfortunately NO ONE has to ask for it unless they don't give it to you - they opt into this program so it is mandatory
    Yes it is voluntary, (perhaps it is mandatory in some provinces), but the customer does have to ask for it.

It would be a nightmare to expect cashiers to scan and watch every item on the screen, plus remember thousands of prices which change daily/weekly. That is why it is the customers responsibility to remember the prices and watch the screen.

There's only a few rules/guidelines. Google to see.
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Tue, Jul 7th, 2015 at 06:46 PM.
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I have never gotten the SCOP without asking for it, at any store that participates in the program. Btw I'm pretty sure the program is voluntary, and if they do opt in to the SCOP program, it will be posted somewhere in the store; usually at the cash registers, but I have also seen it by the doors.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I was buying a few Cliff bars at Rexall a while back and the sign was displaying the price as something like 5 for $1, so I grabbed 10 lol.The manager said it was a mistake and didn't give SCOP but did give me all the bars for the advertised price. Considering the regular price of $1.99-$2.99 I would call it a win!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinelight2011 View Post
    I was buying a few Cliff bars at Rexall a while back and the sign was displaying the price as something like 5 for $1, so I grabbed 10 lol.The manager said it was a mistake and didn't give SCOP but did give me all the bars for the advertised price. Considering the regular price of $1.99-$2.99 I would call it a win!
    Wow! That's a fantastic deal. Good for you!
    Shinelight2011 likes this.

Thread Information