User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Thread: not a savings brag in the SC sense but far more precious

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I was just PMing a member about my brag and I thought I am so proud I need to share.

We saved a dog from down the street last year that had a terrible life outside with no water all time in the heat we had last summe, rain, snow r and she was always tied and tangled around some trees I would cry all the time,, I would cry every day. We (the neighbours that borthered getting involved) would call the Humane Society, the City, I would sneak and give her water and treats. She never got any love or human contact. It was terrible and I tried to buy her with some jewelry that I had and they said it was not enough. I also had 2 loving homes lined up for her because DH said no more dogs or cats. So late in December they finally gave her up and the two homes were not available anymore so we finished by keeping (yippie for me because I fell in love with her the first time I saw her) and as I have mentionned before, we are the lucky ones and I sincerely mean that. So I am running through the story because I have written about it before but my brag is:

While at the lake with a little coaking she ventured in the water and fetched the stick we threw and brought it back to us then she rolled around the beach sand forever and went back out to throw it out and so on, and so on, and so on. I swear I saw tears in her eyes and the biggest smile I have ever seen. She is so exhilirated with excitement it even makes DH cry. To think where she was and now how she is loved and she shows her love every single minute of every day and for people who think they do not understand or remember -they have no idea what they are talking about. She knows, she remembers and there is not one look or glance that does not thank us for saving her. and with so much sincerity and love. T

That is my brag and we love our furry babies dearly and they are all speical in their own way but to see her, I was writting to a member that this must be the feeling when your child speaks his first word or takes his first steps. I am a very proud furry baby parent and am not ashamed to scream it from the roof tops.

Thanks for reading and sharing our love for our girl.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sun, Jul 28th, 2013 at 02:40 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Beautiful story, I cried reading it! It is amazing how much they enrich our lives! I love the beach story..and I agree, they do remember. It truly is priceless seeing their smiles!!!

We have 2 dogs, which were abused as pups, one was terrified of newspapers and shoes We originally wanted one dog, after our beloved chihuahua passed away but seeing these 2 brothers together playing, we couldn't separate them and took both

Bless you and your furry babies!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

How wonderful that you were able to give her a forever home!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a wonderful story oscarandme! Saving a furry friend from abuse and neglect is so noble... Yes, I agree that your dog remembers her past and is happy for her present and future with you and your family. She will love you no matter what, and even more so for the loving home you provide her.
    I am sure your life is richer too because of her. Thank you for posting this happy ending story.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Love your story, would also love to see a picture if you can post one.

Some people don't deserve to have animals. We have a new kitten who was abandoned at the shelter because, wait for it, he was too rambunctious. Imagine a kitten being rambunctious . Oh well their loss our gain.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What a lovely story!!!! Nothing beats the love you receive from your furry babies!

Our two dogs were both rescue dogs, the first I adopted as a companion for my DH, we had just lost my MIL and my DH was going through a very difficult time... Yogi was my DH's best friend, they would go everywhere together. He was given up by a family because they said they were afraid he was aggressive!!! That was crazy, because both the humane society and we believed that he didn't have a mean bone in his body! He was fantastic with everyone and other animals too. We never had any cause to be concerned, in fact,we found out after a few weeks to say that the previous 'family' had been charged with animal cruelty with their other pets! Argh... it made me so mad!

Then we found Rosie..... and she's my puppy girl!! Someone dumped her in the countryside and she was left to run loose for heaven knows how long. In both cases DH and I both felt that the dogs were genuinely appreciative! It was amazing! They are members of our family, and the house feels empty when their not there!

We love our furry babies!!! xxx
    Last edited by sparky_starky; Sun, Jul 28th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
    I joined Swagbucks and I earn money!!! I just fill in a survey when I have my morning coffee, and I recently received a $20 cheque in the mail You can join too!!!

www.swagbucks.com/refer/sparkystarky

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

What a beautiful story you have me in tears. Thank you for sharing I love this kind of brag

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    150 (100%)

What a lovely story!! Very inspiring
    Thanks for sharing!

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awwwwww, happy tears came when i read about her playing at the beach
    May you be blessed for all the years to come, this is my wish for you.
    Good things happen to good people.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

What a beautiful story.
    ticul, Anna Michele and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Such a heartfelt story - you and ur DH are truly amazing, compassionate and wonderful ppl

I agree with Patty - would love to see a pic of her

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oscarandme, no sooner had I composed myself after just watching the cutest father/son duo ( country crooners on guitar ) then I read your post. Oh it was a match made in heaven, your rescued dog really knows how to tug at the heartstrings. Thanks for sharing it with us, got any extra kleenex?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

tears over here too
    NOt only shall I commend you on the courage to go to your neighbour and in short tell them they are horrible owners because by doingthat you made them see the error of theire ways and realize the dog is better off without them, you are truly amazing person and am happy to call you a friend

It speaks wonders that your furr baby does not shy away from the water knowing you would NEVER put her in the way of danger and embrace the freedom whole hearted ly, just beautiful
    walkonby, Shwa Girl, ticul and 3 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Such a beautiful story! Thank you for blessing us with it. It's wonderful people like yourself who help keep faith in humanity
    ticul, Anna Michele and oscarandme like this.
    Michelle

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Love your brag!! I have a Pomeranian that was rescued from a puppy mill and was going to be put down because she wa deemed to far gone behavorially to be placed. I was her last hope and took her in. It took a lot of work but she is now a diva and the love of my life!
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information