• 3 Post By vesper
  • 4 Post By vesper
  • 2 Post By DaveP
  • 2 Post By vesper

Thread: Planet Narrowly Averted Catastrophe 2 Weeks Ago

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Massive solar flare narrowly misses Earth, EMP disaster barely avoided

The earth barely missed taking a massive solar punch in the teeth two weeks ago, an "electromagnetic pulse" so big that it could have knocked out power, cars and iPhones throughout the United States.
    Two EMP experts told Secrets that the EMP flashed through earth's typical orbit around the sun about two weeks before the planet got there.
    "There had been a near miss about two weeks ago, a Carrington-class coronal mass ejection crossed the orbit of the Earth and basically just missed us," said Peter Vincent Pry, who served on the Congressional EMP Threat Commission from 2001-2008. He was referring to the 1859 EMP named after astronomer Richard Carrington that melted telegraph lines in Europe and North America.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/massiv...rticle/2533727
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Patty Smyth, DaveP and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A modest flare knocked the crap out of Quebec in 1989

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1...magnetic_storm

We are entering a solar max right now. If one of these hits earth, we're screwed.

It is amazing how well kept this secret this was over the past 2 weeks.

I seriously cannot imagine how humans addicted to phone and the internet, would respond to such an event. I think I posted an article somewhere on here a while back, about how dire something like would be if it did hit perfectly.
    Patty Smyth, GoJays, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It's only a matter of time before we have another Carrington Event. It could be next week, or it could be in 150 years. If it does happen in the near future, however, the result will be complete chaos. An utter catastrophe. Worldwide electrical grid collapses will pull the rug out from under our civilization. Did you know most grocery stores in North America have only a 3 day supply of food on hand? With everything brought to a standstill it wouldn't be long before the riots and looting began.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad I live in the country. On one hand, if this does happen, I don't think I'll miss TV, the Internet or phones at all. So bring it on!
    DaveP and i_forget like this.

Thread Information