User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By avoncallingu
  • 1 Post By avoncallingu

Thread: "Take Off" Canada Revenue!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, for the 4th time in 6 years, my dh and I are being audited by Canada Revenue - supposedly "randomly". Three times it has been to investigate our medical deductions - (DH is a cancer survivor and takes an inordinate amount of meds) and now this time - for another part of our income tax return. YACK! I've GOT all the info, but I'm having a panic attack about having to refile - AGAIN! I've got a PILE of other things to do and I'm beginning to think that this will be at least a bi-yearly endeavour. We've ALWAYS got MORE money back that we originally filed for. You'd think they'd give UP!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sorry to hear this. This is too many times, I think. Wonder if a tax lawyer would help, or at least give some tips in their initial meeting with you.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, Shwa! I think I'm going to turn over NEXT year's return to another TAX filer other than myself. I did jire a professional once , though, and he did it wrong and I had to pay back!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Thanks, Shwa! I think I'm going to turn over NEXT year's return to another TAX filer other than myself. I did jire a professional once , though, and he did it wrong and I had to pay back!
    Did you try the tax programs - Quick Tax etc.? Or would that be worst?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I actually used UFile this year. I've been using Studio Tax for a few years but it is not compatible with my current Laptop - I used Turbo Tax last year - didn't like it and it COST too much! I haven't use Quick Tax though. Thanks for the hint!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I was thinking about the idea of complaining to Revenue Canada -- being targeted and all. Then I though that they may make more trouble and look even more closely. Wonder if it had to do with the other tax guy that did not file properly -- wonder if this is why they "ged" your return?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I did call a couple of years ago. The woman said that since our medical claims were very large, they get tagged. Then - unless you match your submitted amount to the penny, they will your file. She said it doesn't matter whether you wound up owing them or them owing you. First they tell you that you are entitled to these various claims like travelling to see drs. in other communities and then they make you jump through enormous hoops to make it happen. Over and Over again. I faxed 89 pages of backup to them for 2 years in a row! It took me weeks to get letters from 5 different doctors to substantiate that, yes, we did have appointments on the stated date and yes, he really did have to see THAT dr. and yes, it is necessary to see him that often and yes it is xy.up km. as measured by our odometer AND mapquest. Also - for every drug - how much we paid, how much our private insurance paid and how much ODB paid and Yes, he DID have to have that particular drug etc., etc. etc. Just imagine if you didn't have a "significant other" and you were sick with cancer and you were asked to jump these hoops - you'd probably just give up!

Thread Information