Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By tasha313
  • 2 Post By abbasgirl
  • 1 Post By abbasgirl
  • 1 Post By Angela273

Thread: Small room issues...

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I posted this in another section .. but then I read the section description and I think it was in the wrong one ... so Im putting it here and going to try and look how to delete the other post..

here goes..

I need you wonderful SCers help !
    DF DD and I lived with my parents while I was in school (so nice of them ). We lived in a house , with bigger bathrooms and big rooms so no problem there..
    We now moved in our adorable apartment and I find we are running into a little problem. It's not bothering DF so much.. but he's a man, things like that don't bother them.

So, DF JUST cleaned our bathroom like a day ago, and I find it's still dingy and humid in there. We open the fan with every shower, I clean the bathmat more regularly than I clean my own bed () yet it's so dingy.. It just never feels clean in there.. I'm about to go javel the whole thing just so it smells clean for a minute .. any tips ??

small room problem number 2 : Our third bedroom (which we will be making into the nursery in 2-3 months) has some boxes to be undone and the cat litter. DF empties it every day or so, sweeps an mops around the box and it's still smelly in that room.. I use the the small room OR multi cat litter (we have 2 ) and it doesn't seem to stay fresh ... any tips here ??

Thanks so much in advance ..
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tip #1 - I assume DF means Dear Friend? If he cleans that much, you might want to consider upgrading him to BF or DH.

Tip #2 - If your place has bad air circulation, the only thing that helps is opening windows. Which means winter might be even worse.

It may just be psychological, but running one of those large air purifiers mights help.

Tip #3 - Get a 3rd cat.... you'll give up on cat smells and just learn to live with it

Ha ha!

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

DF = Dear fiancé , i was wondering if the abbreviation was going un-understood..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah...I missed that too. Too many abreviations in a row got me all confused and I missed that you have a daughter. I was picturing you in a small apartment with a cat, your husband and some random guy that cleans everything.
    Zonny and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    i was picturing you in a small apartment with a cat, your husband and some random guy that cleans everything.
    lolllll ! ! ! ! ! ! !!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Apartments are really hard to ventilate because windows are only on one side. In the summer you can get some airflow with a window fan that has one fan blowing out and one blowing in. If you have a ceiling fan, that helps too. An air purifier might help.
    I have the same problem with cat litter in my apartment. Your best bet is just to get the cheapest litter possible and change it over completely every day. I ended up using shredded newspaper. Sprinkling baking soda in the litter box does help. I sprinkle it at the bottom, but I think with traditional litter you would sprinkle it on top.
    tasha313 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here I was thinking SC was having issues, but you started two threads about this same issue. I replied to your other thread at 6:06am this morning, but couldn't understand where my post had gone when I kept seeing people reply to this thread.

FYI: I thought DF meant Dear Father.
    tasha313 likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Sounds like u have the same bathroom problem as I did. We live in a small condo so small bathroom. It was painted in a creamy very light peachy color and wood paneling. No window. It gets dampy etc. We just renovated our bathroom. (i'll post pics in a different thread later). Well, ive noticed changing the paint color of the walls makes a big different. New white vanity and paneling keep the room brighter and clean. So if it's possible I'd suggest go with very light and white color scheme. New paint probably the most economical and quickest makeover. Oh. Maybe take the vent/hood down and clean it. We found ours was dusty and gross from build up. If u can u may want to replace it too. Hope that helps good luck

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

The bathroom is already white but i will definitely check into the fan part

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Sounds like u have the same bathroom problem as I did. We live in a small condo so small bathroom. It was painted in a creamy very light peachy color and wood paneling. No window. It gets dampy etc. We just renovated our bathroom. (i'll post pics in a different thread later). Well, ive noticed changing the paint color of the walls makes a big different. New white vanity and paneling keep the room brighter and clean. So if it's possible I'd suggest go with very light and white color scheme. New paint probably the most economical and quickest makeover. Oh. Maybe take the vent/hood down and clean it. We found ours was dusty and gross from build up. If u can u may want to replace it too. Hope that helps good luck

Thread Information