User Tag List

Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1433
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=Crochetlady;5648628]Took a friend to Kitchener this morning. Good thing we left a little early. Got behind a slow poke that I couldn`t pass, then there was a road closure and had to backtrack. She got to her appointment with 1 minute to spare.
    I took along a baby afghan to work on while waiting. Made a mistake in the first row so had to rip out 5 rows.
    Then we went to Tims for lunch before her next appointment. It was my first time at that location and believe me...I won`t ever go back. It was the WORST service I have ever gotten. I ordered a sandwich and asked what the soup was for a combo. She had to go to the kitchen to find out what soup they had today. So she decided I only wanted the soup, said no, want the sandwich too. Friend ordered coffee with her lunch...didn`t get it and when she asked they told her she didn`t pay for one. Then we realized she rang in the soup and sandwich separately instead of a combo. We weren`t the only ones who got poor service. A lady behind us ordered 2 coffees and a bagel...10 minutes later she was still waiting. She was quite vocal about how unhappy she was. BTW it wasn`t busy at all.
    Tonight hubby and I made a huge pot of applesauce. I`ll put most of that in the freezer. When we get the other tree picked I`ll put some of those in the freezer for pies. I usually do apple pies for the church supper in Nov.[/QUOT

There is a Tim Horton's in Orillia that is brutal!!! The one woman is soooooo sloooowwww that I swear she does it on purpose. Just giving her your order is a 5 minute process. It can take upwards of 10 minutes to get your coffee. I cannot begin to imagine the number of customers they have lost due to this employee. The first time I thought it was just a busy day and they were slow. The next two times I realized it is just that employee. What makes it worse is that it is the tim Hortons right off the highway so a lot of people stop there. No doubt the owner has had many complaints.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

geez sounds like our local Mc'd. its horrendous.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I took along a baby afghan to work on while waiting. Made a mistake in the first row so had to rip out 5 rows.

Then we went to Tims for lunch before her next appointment. It was my first time at that location and believe me...I won`t ever go back. It was the WORST service I have ever gotten. I ordered a sandwich and asked what the soup was for a combo. She had to go to the kitchen to find out what soup they had today. So she decided I only wanted the soup, said no, want the sandwich too. Friend ordered coffee with her lunch...didn`t get it and when she asked they told her she didn`t pay for one. Then we realized she rang in the soup and sandwich separately instead of a combo. We weren`t the only ones who got poor service. A lady behind us ordered 2 coffees and a bagel...10 minutes later she was still waiting. She was quite vocal about how unhappy she was. BTW it wasn`t busy at all.

Tonight hubby and I made a huge pot of applesauce. I`ll put most of that in the freezer. When we get the other tree picked I`ll put some of those in the freezer for pies. I usually do apple pies for the church supper in Nov.
    I'm sorry to hear about the afghan. If it's anything like knitting, mistakes that require taking out multiple rows drive me crazy!

Your experience at Tims reminds me of the time we stopped at one in Barrie. I asked for a plain, untoasted, unbuttered bagel. One bagel from the case, in a bag. Tims was empty and that took her 10 minutes. She kept wanting to confirm the order with me, asking me multiple times if I wanted it toasted, was I sure, how about just a little butter, is that all....? Nope, just a plain bagel, thank you. I think it would have been easier to order a donut.

Mmmm...apple pies. I think I need to have my dad visit and fill a pantry with them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bad service and crappy food is why I eat more and more at home!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am having a bad day,but I wont give up,I just cannot,life goes on
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Bad service and crappy food is why I eat more and more at home!
    Exactly!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am having a bad day,but I wont give up,I just cannot,life goes on
    Hope your day gets better

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the afghan. If it's anything like knitting, mistakes that require taking out multiple rows drive me crazy!

Your experience at Tims reminds me of the time we stopped at one in Barrie. I asked for a plain, untoasted, unbuttered bagel. One bagel from the case, in a bag. Tims was empty and that took her 10 minutes. She kept wanting to confirm the order with me, asking me multiple times if I wanted it toasted, was I sure, how about just a little butter, is that all....? Nope, just a plain bagel, thank you. I think it would have been easier to order a donut.

Mmmm...apple pies. I think I need to have my dad visit and fill a pantry with them.
    Yeah it is frustrating. I once had to open almost a whole afghan because I made a mistake near the beginning. I only did 2 rows of v-stitches instead of 3. Didn`t notice til I was doing the edging and it wouldn`t work out right. One good thing about crocheting though...You only have 1 stitch to pick up.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all -dyed my hair this morning-bronze brown -has a bit of reddish tinge-ahh who cares as long as I don't have 4 inches of grey on top-then hubbies sister called needed to see me -so I treated her to a Harvey burger with a coupon came to 12.00 for 2 combo's not bad-then we went for a 20 minute walk it was gorgeous out-she told me she has no plates only 2 smaller ones -so I was on a mission to help her-sears had no individual plates-but then giant tiger was on the way home -so got a set for 10.00 16 pieces -she was all happy hugged me in the store -yes I bought it for her -she is on a disability pension -I thought it was a nice gesture -then came home -had a busy day

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I found some 0,50$ coupons for Motts Tomatoes Juice,and the sale at maxi is 1$ per bottle reg :2,00$ but did not have any left...so I asked a raincheck for 10....also noticed next week Sunlight Laundry detergent will be 2,99$ at Jean Coutu so 0,99$ per bottle after coupon but sadly no coupon zone they are expired...and spotted a few others good deals too

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have 21 ones days to complete my cleaning with some requirement of the city and the letter was send to my landlor as well.so that is the reason of my bad day,but....like I said earlier I wont give up

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Everyone is fed, kitchen is clean, dishwasher running and taco meat simmering on the stove! Now a game of Monopoly (the never ending game) until Survivor is on and then mama is relaxing and watching it

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Awesome Christmas score for me!!!!!! In the Sears wishbook they have the leapreader as $19.99 but it says its the stylus only or something (I don't have it in front of me). I thought, what the heck, $20 is a good price, she doesn't need all the extra packaging and such. I ordered it with the $10 coupon. I also placed a 2nd order for a book to go with it. I figured it would be perfect and nowhere near as expensive as the full version in stories. But when it came, it was the full version one. The one they sell at walmart for $59.98!!!!! I got it for $9.99 (well plus tax and shipping, but still-HOLY COW). I noticed it's not on the sears website anymore. I'm guessing the wishbook was a misprint! I can't believe it! This is what I got for $10http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/ca...egoryNav=false Seriously, I'm so excited. I can't believe it.
    Last edited by Insane; Wed, Sep 25th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I also discovered that the books that my daughter likes to read (in french) are available on amazon.ca Guess it's time to get back into swagbucks more seriously again.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had a not so good day and evening.I taught my sore throat was almost finish and getting better,no I still have a sore throat,throat is inflamated and I just spit lol ek,Also I think I had passed the ''virus'' to my dad,we are 2 close to no voices,I take aspirins for the inflamation,benyllin sirup(need to rebuy some) for the sore throat and drink a lots of liquid,I had not the time to be sick,but we never choose,at least I have a stockpile of kleenex lol,Have a good night everyone,see you tomorrow!!!I hope to be able to have a good night of sleep,this evening I was on the couch with my blankets just no energy,I hate that....
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 26th, 2013 at 01:27 AM.

Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast

Thread Information