User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: washing machine blues

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just need to get this off my chest >>> I love my sister and her 2 kids I would do anything for them So her washing machine broke this weekend and being the great sister I am I told her to just use my till she gets her fix on monday but hears the rub she did 17 loads of laundry in 2 1/2 days didn't bring laundry soap or dryer sheets .I know kids get dirty but your using someelse washing machine so just do the basic till monday but no she brought sheets and comforters and when I final said If she could use the dryer sheets for more than one load she looked at me like I was crazy to reuse them thank fully she left but I still love my sister thanks for read my rant
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

17 loads

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newbie 25 View Post
    I just need to get this off my chest >>> I love my sister and her 2 kids I would do anything for them So her washing machine broke this weekend and being the great sister I am I told her tow just use my till she gets her fix on monday but hears the rub she did 17 loads of laundry in 2 1/2 days didn't bring laundry soap or dryer sheets .I know kids get dirty but your using someelse washing machine so just do the basic till monday but no she brought sheets and comforters and when I final said If she could use the dryer sheets for more than one load she looked at me like I was crazy to reuse them thank fully she left but I still love my sister thanks for read my rant
    What a great sister you are!! You said your sister's machine broke this week-end and she had 17 loads!! That's taking advantage of your kindness, there's no reason she couldn't wait until her machine was fixed to do the sheets and comforters..
    saddlebag and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Holy Hannah!!! I feel your pain but I have to say that at the same time I burst out laughing because only a family member would do something that stupid! I think you'd better give her a two-hour time block once a week and lock up your laundry supplies. I don't blame you for ranting....I love my sister too but if it were me, my mouth would still be hanging wide open!

Quote Originally Posted by newbie 25 View Post
    I just need to get this off my chest >>> I love my sister and her 2 kids I would do anything for them So her washing machine broke this weekend and being the great sister I am I told her to just use my till she gets her fix on monday but hears the rub she did 17 loads of laundry in 2 1/2 days didn't bring laundry soap or dryer sheets .I know kids get dirty but your using someelse washing machine so just do the basic till monday but no she brought sheets and comforters and when I final said If she could use the dryer sheets for more than one load she looked at me like I was crazy to reuse them thank fully she left but I still love my sister thanks for read my rant
    abbasgirl, lecale and ishyx0x like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

To be honest, I've never heard of reusing dryer sheets... but 17 loads? Geeze. There's been a few times where I've had to go to a friends to do laundry but I ALWAYS bring my own soap and dryer sheets, I thought that was just common courtesy.
    Tweets77, lecale, ishyx0x and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

lolz.. i live in a basement .. and laundry is included
    and later we find out.. that when they said laundry is included.. it means
    just 3-4 LOADS max!!

and ur so nice to let her do all 17!! + the cheery on top u let her use ur laundry detergent !
    Last edited by ishyx0x; Tue, Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You got a generous sister... mine would have called and asked me to buy her a new washer.... and come and set it up for her.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

owwie.. thats taking advantage.. at least if she asks again, you know to set a limit..
    seylz_gurl and vesper like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Next time she asks say, "What a coincidence mine just broke, and I was going to ask you to borrow yours!!"

Also someone mentioned that they never heard of reusing dryer sheets, what most people do is cut the sheet in half before using it, so you get two loads for 1 sheet, works great!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

wow. As my husband would say "She's stepping on your kindness" 17 loads seems VERY excessive to me. But you're a good person for letting her do it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

17 loads? Did she move in for the weekend? There is no way I could do 17 loads of laundry in less than 3 days.(just don't have that much laundry, ever) In fact, I don't even do 17 load of laundry in a month. That's insane.

You were very kind to offer your appliances though. Maybe next time offer her a ride to the laundromat LOL
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Tue, Sep 3rd, 2013 at 10:50 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm not sure I have enough things to fill 17 loads of laundry - what did she do, wash every single thing she owns?!
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that was very kind of you. my washing machine broke last week and I went to the Laundromat, we do large loads like comforters there anyway. I can only imagine what my DS would say if I turned up with 17 loads lol. you are an angel

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

You offered her use of the machine. Next time, get her to sign a document to the terms agreed upon.
    Would she have been good for covering your machine's repair if it had broken down during HER loads of laundry washing?
    Agree with other SCers-lock up your other laundry supplies.
    There's nothing wrong for using dryer sheets for two or more loads. They still do their job.
    gourmetsue likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

17 loads...Jeez..That's major league taking advantage..That's several weeks load of laundry depending on how many are in her family...there's 5 of us and it's 1 load/person/week + 1load bedding + 1 load towels..so 7 loads max..

Some-one needs to read FlyLady and either 1) get a better system than relying on family and friends in am emergancy or 2) go to the laundrymat

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information