User Tag List

Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    He may as well have! I was fretting that everything would spoil. He had the fridge open for hours trying to install the outside handle and left it open while he used the washroom and left the building to get his toolbox. I thought he might have been from the witness protection program or something, because he really seemed like he was figuring out what to do while he was doing it!

My old co-worker used to say that all the time, that I used to make her laugh saying ordinary things. Your name doesn't happen to begin with J, does it?
    lol. Yes I do find the stuff that you say very funny.
    No it doesn't. But maybe we have the same sense of humor, and that's a great trait to have, to make people laugh, you might think it ordinary, but that's a great and wonderful gift to be able to make people laugh .

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    So sorry for your loss.
    We have a dear friend fighting cancer right now as well. It's hard to see someone you care about go through that.
    ((hugs))
    Thanks.
    And hugs to you too, no it's not nice seeing someone you care about fight cancer.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Name:  HappyWeekend3.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  38.3 KB

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I was able to PM rexall's flyer at WM and picked up two of the cottonelle fresh care wipe boxes.. $.99 each.. and they had the $1.00 off stickers on them.. i think i'll go back for more.
    this on top of all the other great coupon finds i found today.. so happy.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I hope everyone had a great morning and will have a great afternoon.Sunny and beautifull in here,the rain and cloud are for tomorrow.Anyway I woke up with a migraine hope it will goes away soon,neighbour just kept shut off back and forth her door very lound every 5 min since this morning,that do not help to reduce a migraine...was worst when you are trying to read or study,Anyway I still have the hope to get a lot's of things accomplished.Have a great day and see you later everyone!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Anyone know of any cheap car rental websites? I'm going to be in Edmonton next week for a conference and budget wants $220 for the 36ish hours I'll be in town! Thinking of renting from Thrifty's or something like that as they charge by the km and I won't be doing too much. But they aren't located at the airport. I'd have to take a shuttle.
    I have used hotwire.com and you can select from several companies depending on price. I think this would work for Canada too?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    I have a 15 year old and an 11 year old. We set the same amount for both and then try to purchase the same amount of gifts each. This is getting harder each year because the gifts they want are more expensive. So one might get only a few gifts but they still equal the same amount as the others. My husband gets a bonus every year at Christmas so that money is what we use for gifts for everyone. I try not to spend too much. The kids get the bulk of the money and then my husband and I do about $150 each. We did about 10 years of not buying each other anything....and my husband hated it. He grew up in a family where Christmas was a big deal so I think it bummed him out not getting each other gifts. Being my frugal(cheap)self, I was good with no gifts
    I'm the same way. We grew up with huge christmases. Which is kinda weird considering how broke my parents always were. We tried to do no presents for hubby and I last year, but I broke...I saw something I knew he'd love and I bought it. Then I had to tell him cause I knew he'd be pi$$ed if he opened something up on Chrstmas day and he hadn't bought anything for me. Eventhough I know it makes financial sense, I know I'd be disappointed without presents.

The problem I have is some of the kids still think of quantity rather than quality and others get that fewer more expensive presents is the same as lots of cheaper presents. And if I spent the same amount on each kid, some kids would get fewer presents then others and then they'd compare amongst themselves. Seriously, this whole Santa Clause thing is way more complicated than I would have thought. Or, the more likely scenario is I am WAY over thinking things.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I have used hotwire.com and you can select from several companies depending on price. I think this would work for Canada too?
    I checked hotwire. It wasn't any cheaper. I think I just might try Thrifty's. They will come pick me up/drop me off at the airport and are like $100 cheaper.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Thank you...thank you... thank you soooo much. I really needed to laugh...haven't had much to laugh about today, and your post did just that.
    When you said "I was beginning to question whether or not he".
    I thought you were going to say was going to move in, because he sounded like he make himself right at home in your home, next he would be making a sandwich with the ingredients from your fridge.
    Thank you so much for the laugh.
    oh my goodness your giggle must be contagious because when I read your post about making himself at home and making a sandwich I had to giggle.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My life has been going off the rails lately. Good news is all the extra money I earn on travel has been going a long way in helping me to recover from the financial mess Aug/Sept creates. Just need to come up with the money for my son's bus pass. I've ranted about it before we can't get the "subsidized" rate as we live too close to the school. Regardless of the fact that he needs to take the bus to a program half way across town. The difference is $200 vs $480! If we lived one street over, we'd live far enough away. It's frustrating.

How are people planning financially for Christmas for your kids. I can't figure out the best way to plan for the kids. Either set something like a 4 present limit for each kid or set a $amount? I'm struggling with how to keep christmas frugal for my kids who some still believe in Santa and one doesn't (and who'll just play with the bows anyways)
    I have a set amount for each person I buy for including the kids and same boat here about 1 w/ santa and 1 will play along, but I also budget the same amount for each child from Santa as well.

It's really hard, I've been picking up the odd stocking stuffer but I normally used my WM gc rewards for the Santa gift as it's normally a shared gift now that the boys are older and have common interest. Last year it was an xbox 360 and I got an extra controller. This year I think I will buy them a tv, LCD or whatever they are called that can be mounted on the wall for their gaming and plus dh likes to go downstairs in the winter and watch movies when the woodstove is going so it's a little hidden perk for all really.

But I plan to start to purchase the odd gc for gifts each week, say $25.00 or so, this way I will have the cash/gc to purchase a present or just give someone a gc as a gift.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

don't forget Jas, that sometimes SDM offers their buy $150 in GC's and you get so many points too. im looking at doing it this year. if funds are in place. great for iTunes and restaurants.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    Hi ladies,
    I posted a question in one of the other forums regarding the $5 Energizer Ultimate Lithium Battery coupon but haven't had any replies yet.
    Hoping one of you can shed some light on it for me.
    Please check it out here and let me know what you think.
    Thanks

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/368400-...coupon-canada/
    People are stacking these with the Lithium coupon but they are good on any AA/, etc. people have been using them on Energizer batteries and not necessarily Lithium ones. I have some of them as well but people from out west want these to stack with the Lithium ones. The pictures is of the new product but you don't have to purchase the new product/pictured product.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    don't forget Jas, that sometimes SDM offers their buy $150 in GC's and you get so many points too. im looking at doing it this year. if funds are in place. great for iTunes and restaurants.
    I didn't know you could get points by purchasing gc's a SDM. I don't shop at SDM very often only super duper bargains but I will pay attention to this promotion or whatever it is called. Do they advertise this in their flyer?

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I believe so, last year it was in November I believe.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm the same way. We grew up with huge christmases. Which is kinda weird considering how broke my parents always were. We tried to do no presents for hubby and I last year, but I broke...I saw something I knew he'd love and I bought it. Then I had to tell him cause I knew he'd be pi$$ed if he opened something up on Chrstmas day and he hadn't bought anything for me. Eventhough I know it makes financial sense, I know I'd be disappointed without presents.

The problem I have is some of the kids still think of quantity rather than quality and others get that fewer more expensive presents is the same as lots of cheaper presents. And if I spent the same amount on each kid, some kids would get fewer presents then others and then they'd compare amongst themselves. Seriously, this whole Santa Clause thing is way more complicated than I would have thought. Or, the more likely scenario is I am WAY over thinking things.
    For a holiday that is really about Jesus birth, it sure is complicated!!

Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information