User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: over

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I think it is unwise to pick a fight with anyone.

But remember, taking coupons from a tearpad is not stealing. You're taking free pieces of paper that only have value if you buy the product.

EDIT: Clarifying so I don't get nasty flames which tend to happen on this forum. I don't agree with clearing off tearpads. Ethically and morally it may not be right, but I think it is legal.

Also, it's just an assumption that these people acquired their products through couponing. They could've come from anywhere. Who knows.
    yup.

Although taking whole pads of coupons is pretty low, it isn't illegal.
    dariusz8 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    LOL! I am a happier person when I feel I've contributed something positive for society.
    Everyone does something others look upon. I am sure there are many things you do that others wouldn't agree with... not to sure how one would like to be pestered about it. Creating drama is not my thing... it gets you no where and sometimes adds fuel to the fire.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I checked the fb site out and I don't see tearpad worth of purchases up for resale...
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I checked out the facebook page and I'm probably going to get a little hate for what I'm about to say but:

I am completely against someone taking an entire tear pad. Its greedy and unfair to everyone else. But most of the items for sale on their page are items you would buy with insert or mail to home coupons. Yes a few you could but with tear pad coupons but not all of them.
    dariusz8 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    Everyone does something others look upon. I am sure there are many things you do that others wouldn't agree with... not to sure how one would like to be pestered about it. Creating drama is not my thing... it gets you no where and sometimes adds fuel to the fire.
    I don't think I do anything that would deny another person access to a benefit. I don't create drama, I tell a person how I feel about something, so they can reconsider what they are doing.

Further I also disagree that it gets you no where. I find it is very effective. The young man down the street will no longer rev his engine and spin his tires at night anymore, because he now understand it makes me feel angry.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I am pleased people are revolting against this. I'm considering making a facebook alias just to make a point of communicating my feelings about this to coupon creeps who do this.

The only way to change things is to become a pest and make it uncomfortable for them
    . No one should profit from abusing things like this.
    To me that's drama, sorry if I misread this. Like I said b4 none of the sales that I saw on the fb site are tearpad amount sales. Unless there are laws against it then your fight is a useless battle that in some cases you could have the law turn on you. Checking online I have found nothing that strictly says its illegal to do. Is it a nuisance? sure, but there is a million other things in life that are as well.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Wed, Oct 9th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
    lecale and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

no comment...I'll just get myself in more trouble!
    Last edited by jezz; Wed, Oct 9th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
    vesper likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

There's a lot of hate there now, lol. Closing the group.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by aoffman View Post
    OMG I'm like laughing so hard because there is so many people with nut shell brains on that page saying 'How can people report you for doing a GOOD thing' and their like 'Its such a amazing deal blah blah blah' like they can get stuff cheaper buying it at the store unless they only have a metro in that town then that might be a good deal

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    OMG I'm like laughing so hard because there is so many people with nut shell brains on that page saying 'How can people report you for doing a GOOD thing' and their like 'Its such a amazing deal blah blah blah' like they can get stuff cheaper buying it at the store unless they only have a metro in that town then that might be a good deal
    for the people buying the stuff from the facebook, maybe they dont coupon, or pricematch, or go to multiple stores, so in a way they are getting a deal, even if the prices are the same as when the product was on sale.
    dariusz8 likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aoffman View Post
    One will close 2 will open... I am sure the group will reorganize as a closed one this time.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    for the people buying the stuff from the facebook, maybe they dont coupon, or pricematch, or go to multiple stores, so in a way they are getting a deal, even if the prices are the same as when the product was on sale.
    Very true.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Wow...there has been some interesting debate here (including the new metal screws...gawd...I hope we don't get those!).

My point during all of this wasn't that I disagreed with anyone selling to help their families or even people buying who don't have time to coupon. My issue is that taking 200-300 coupons is outragous. Doesn't everyone in the community who uses coupons get a chance to save money?? or just the few who grab them all. I don't care if they take 30 as long as I get my 10. I would think that selling 30 of something is more reasonable anyway, I doubt they can sell or use all the coupons that were taken and they will end up in the garbage.

So, the coupons were left this month (ransacked within minutes at one store) but left at the others. The coupons have been up for almost a week and I see that there are STILL some left so problem solved.

In the future maybe we can learn to share better but we all know how new couponers are...they are extra greedy and don't know how many they can actually use or need. I hope that if they open a new site or sell somewhere else that they think about the rest of us just trying to save a few bucks too and not just themselves and take only what they need and can actually use. Also, it affects everyone when people coupon and leave negative impressions at the stores (yelling at the SW manager hurt us all).

Just my two cents...as usual.

J
    Tbites likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i understand, BUT! like the zantac coupons for overage at walmart, ive yet to see a pad thats not completely ripped off, and its not from couponers taking a few, its one person taking the whole thing.
    then those people are trading a ton of them, and people do trades with them, only encouraging them to take whole pads again next time.

it will never stop.
    CrazyQT and dariusz8 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I was always surprised reading about Zantac ones being ripped everywhere. I would see them everywhere I went and no one would touch them. Full tearpads all over. You can never be sure if it is multiple people taking some, or one person taking them all.

Maybe someone will go on a stakeout one day and observe. I wouldn't be surprised lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    i understand, BUT! like the zantac coupons for overage at walmart, ive yet to see a pad thats not completely ripped off, and its not from couponers taking a few, its one person taking the whole thing.
    then those people are trading a ton of them, and people do trades with them, only encouraging them to take whole pads again next time.

it will never stop.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information