User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Can I use $18500 pts plus get $10.00 sdm gc and $10.00 Tim Hortons gc?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Has anyone used the 18,500 pts when you spend $75.00, when there was a gift card as the promotion? I know it says not to be combined with other offers. I know it doesn't work if it's a20x events, but sometimes some coupons work some promotions...I might give it a try.....
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Hortons

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've learned that you can't plan with SDM that you'll be able to do both - it does seem to depend on the cashier. Last night with the promo receive $10 gift card when you spend $50 the cashier let me use my coupon (email) for get 18500 when you spend $75. I saw it depends on the cashier because most will say no you can't but some can be encouraged to try it anyways and usually the computer lets you.....so you can try and hope that you don't get one of those cashiers who refuse to give it a try!
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawacouponlady View Post
    I've learned that you can't plan with SDM that you'll be able to do both - it does seem to depend on the cashier. Last night with the promo receive $10 gift card when you spend $50 the cashier let me use my coupon (email) for get 18500 when you spend $75. I saw it depends on the cashier because most will say no you can't but some can be encouraged to try it anyways and usually the computer lets you.....so you can try and hope that you don't get one of those cashiers who refuse to give it a try!
    Thanks, I don't usually have a problem with them taking the coupon, it's just that you have to wait until the 7th day of the following month to see if head office will add the coupons, since you don't get the pts right away...
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yup, I've read in brags on this forum that some people have been able to do it. But you need to get a lucky cashier. Good luck! (And update please )
    oscarandme likes this.
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

I will try this too.
    oscarandme likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

But has anyone ever succeeded?

It's one thing for people to brag, it's another for head office to refuse to add the points because it was on a bonus card day. Always wonder whether those braggers actually get their points in the end
    Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    Yup, I've read in brags on this forum that some people have been able to do it. But you need to get a lucky cashier. Good luck! (And update please )
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    But has anyone ever succeeded?

It's one thing for people to brag, it's another for head office to refuse to add the points because it was on a bonus card day. Always wonder whether those braggers actually get their points in the end
    I went today and bought over $75.00, used a$10.00 gc that I recieved this week. Got a $10.00 SDM CARD AND A $10.00 Tim Hortons gc thy let me use the 18500 pts coupon I had, system accepted it, now I have to wait until Nov 7th to see if I actually get them. If I remember by then I'll let everyone know if it worked!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I have done this and it does work! Congrats it's an awesome deal
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I think I will try this today to see if I can get the 2 x $10 GC and the 18,500 points WUB $75. The small print on the coupon says "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions or offers". When you think about it the two GCs are not Optimum points offer because anyone spending $75 will get them...Optimum card or not.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I went today and spent $77 with a personalized 20x wus $50 coupon. The cashier called someone to see if I could use both and then came back to ask me which promotion I wanted to do. There was a huge line and I had dh and the kids with me so I just took the points and left. Boo
    oscarandme likes this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    I think I will try this today to see if I can get the 2 x $10 GC and the 18,500 points WUB $75. The small print on the coupon says "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions or offers". When you think about it the two GCs are not Optimum points offer because anyone spending $75 will get them...Optimum card or not.

That's exactly what I thought, it's not a shoppers optimum points promotion! It's just a promotion for everyone regardless if you have an optimum card!! I'm pretty sure I received the pts before but now I just have to wait..if I don't get them I might just call head office and mention that it wasn't a SOP promotion!!its worth a try!! I forgot to mention I also used a $50 gc I got for my birthday so this would a great deal if everything works out!!
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

So I went and tried this out. Purchase totalled $76 and got 760 regular points. Only used cents and dollars off coupons, no milk, deposit on bottles, lottery tickets, etc. Total with tax after coupons was $41.31 and the system did not prompt the cashier to give me the cards. I then handed over my 18,500 WUB $75 coupon and he scanned it. I then proceeded to the customer service to speak to someone there. They agreed with me that I should have got the two gift cards but because the system did not prompted the cashier they could not give them to me. The suggested I contact head office through email which I did. Just got a response this morning; they agree with me and they added 16,000 points to my account. In a way this is better because I can use the points during a bonus redemption and get more out of it however it is a pain to always have to contact head office when their systems do not work well.
    Last edited by Bargain Seeker; Mon, Oct 14th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

SavvyLady I am so glad you asked this question because I thought I was just being greedy by thinking of getting all but sometimes depending the cashier like other members..a throw of the dice. And dh and I went to another SDM and the manager said the same thing about the cash-prompting and I said, never hear that one before,...so he finally gave us 2 of the (10.00 GC Tims and 10.00 SDM) so now with confidence I will call and try and my my points...wonder if I can get for both transactions X 2 of the 75.00 we spent. will check into..Thank you everyone for your input..we learn so much here..I love you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    So I went and tried this out. Purchase totalled $76 and got 760 regular points. Only used cents and dollars off coupons, no milk, deposit on bottles, lottery tickets, etc. Total with tax after coupons was $41.31 and the system did not prompt the cashier to give me the cards. I then handed over my 18,500 WUB $75 coupon and he scanned it. I then proceeded to the customer service to speak to someone there. They agreed with me that I should have got the two gift cards but because the system did not prompted the cashier they could not give them to me. The suggested I contact head office through email which I did. Just got a response this morning; they agree with me and they added 16,000 points to my account. In a way this is better because I can use the points during a bonus redemption and get more out of it however it is a pain to always have to contact head office when their systems do not work well.
    seylz_gurl and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

I do this all the time. I find it's the best time to use all of my bonus coupons because the in store bonus has nothing to do with points. I've never ever had a cashier question me on it. Plus, because they're scanning he bonus points coupons, they scan the product bonus coupons and the 18, 500 one or 20x one and it works. Never had an adjustment etc

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi! Does anyone remember the date when the points would be awarded on that 18,500 coupon?
    I'm just watching for it on mine as they let me use that one then also gave me the timmy card & sdm card Keeping my receipt just in case... as I really need those points lol. After she put the points coupon in, it did prompt to give customer the cards.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information