User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Mothers with child designated parking

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'm getting sick and tired of watching people who obviously don't have children park in the designated spots for mothers with children. Have some respect. These are designed to help keep our children safe and lazy ass people are parking in them. Today i witnessed something that topped the cake. I watched a walmart employee park in one of the spots. She not only was wearing her uniform but i later saw her working as a cashier. So now she is taking up that spot for the entire day. These are to protect our children NOT for lazy ass walmart employees. GRRRRRR...makes me so pissed. I requested to speak to a manager but they were all in a meeting. So I will call later and make a complaint. Thats ridiculous.
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Walmart

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would definitely be making a complaint, not only is she not supposed to be using that spot (unless maybe she is expecting) she is also not supposed to be using what is called customer parking. Employes are not supposed to use the closest parking spots to the store.
    At RCSS one evening with DH and DD, we went to park in the designated spots for expecting and small children, only to be cut off by 2 little old ladies. I wanted to run up to them and say congrats, clearly one of you must be expecting, as there are no small children with you. But DH wouldn't let me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    I would definitely be making a complaint, not only is she not supposed to be using that spot (unless maybe she is expecting) she is also not supposed to be using what is called customer parking. Employes are not supposed to use the closest parking spots to the store.
    At RCSS one evening with DH and DD, we went to park in the designated spots for expecting and small children, only to be cut off by 2 little old ladies. I wanted to run up to them and say congrats, clearly one of you must be expecting, as there are no small children with you. But DH wouldn't let me.
    LOL...That would've been so funny. She was clearly not expecting as she was at least in her 50's. I will be calling soon and hoping the meeting is over so i can speak to someone.
    Angela273 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

lol,that is too bad.... you should complain for sure. You

You should have went up to those old ladies,it would have been so funny to watch,lol.

I guess it does protect the children from having to walk through the parking lot more. Here I thought those spots were to make the mothers life easier when they have a child throwing a fit and to make shopping easier for when they are throwing fits,hahaha.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

There are some at Square One, right outside the Bay/Goodlife Fitness.
    I'm pretty sure, the majority of the time, they are filled by people going to the gym. A lot of the time, they are tiny little sports cars.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Were the wheelchair spots taken maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    There are some at Square One, right outside the Bay/Goodlife Fitness.
    I'm pretty sure, the majority of the time, they are filled by people going to the gym. A lot of the time, they are tiny little sports cars.
    I work across from Square one and just yesterday I saw a guy parking there, no kids, no car seats. I gave home the stink eye, but am too chicken to say anything.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

A few weeks ago saw a elderly gentlemen parking in a designed parking spot,he gets out of his car i say where are your children,say i have none .I said looks like you can't read didn't you see the sign it's meant for pregnant ladies or people with small children.He turns around and says to me mind your f**king business and starts swearing at me.Then i said you need to go home and take a chill pill LOL
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I hate it when I see the spots being taken by people who have no children.. I'm pregnant and have a four year old with me at all times and it drives me INSANE!
    Angela273 and Anna Michele like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Can I throw in people with children who are as tall or taller than thier parents? seriously, if your child in not in any way disabled, then once they are mature enough to hold your hand to cross a carpark or old enough to get on a school bus, then they are old enough to not need the parent/child parking space.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Oh yeah ! And you'll never guess what I saw at ikea !
    Their family parkings are SUPER wide so you can open the door and buckle your kids in safely and easily and they have an entire row of these parkings.. well lo and behold some IDIOT managed to squeeze his car ON THE LINE between two cars that were parked in the designated family spots

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Can I throw in people with children who are as tall or taller than thier parents? seriously, if your child in not in any way disabled, then once they are mature enough to hold your hand to cross a carpark or old enough to get on a school bus, then they are old enough to not need the parent/child parking space.
    I agree 100%. If I'm out with my 11 yr old I never park in those spots. Hes old enough to watch where he is going, i don't have to worry he's going to let go of my hand and run into the parking lot etc. I barely even use the spots anyway but today I was at Walmart so early that every spot was open so I thought why not, i had my little one with me.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm so tempted to suggest that if you can snap a photo and send it to the mall management/store website/(or direct message it), then you can alert them to the issue. Now that holiday retail sales coverage is ramping up, those spaces will be hot commodities. Maybe mall security can give the spaces some TLC (attention).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I'm so tempted to suggest that if you can snap a photo and send it to the mall management/store website/(or direct message it), then you can alert them to the issue. Now that holiday retail sales coverage is ramping up, those spaces will be hot commodities. Maybe mall security can give the spaces some TLC (attention).

I don`t know if that would do any good,when my GD was a baby my DD and i went shopping at Walmart saw this lady park in the designated parking. told the manager at Walmart and he told me what do you want be to do about it and then walked away
    hollyquaiscer and tasha313 like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I don`t know if that would do any good,when my GD was a baby my DD and i went shopping at Walmart saw this lady park in the designated parking. told the manager at Walmart and he told me what do you want be to do about it and then walked away
    Shmooper...
    They SHOULD do something about it .. just as much as the handicapped spots..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information