User Tag List

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm in a strange situation here. I have been saving up items to donate, decided on which charity to donate to and I thought I was on my way....on the day that I was supposed to drop my items off, something came up and I had to cancel. Since then, I have tried to reschedule but asked (this was done by email) if I could drop it off at a location closer to home. No response.

I am prepping my home for sale and this stuff really has to go. So, I called around some other charities and I'm really kind of surprised at the response I'm getting. I have a diaper box FULL of various toiletries and 12 boxes of baby wipes. I called a shelter for single women or single moms who are fleeing domestic violence. The girl I spoke to suggested I drop them off at the Salvation Army. Hmph! The SA does great work but I don't want to donate to them. I managed to find one women's shelter who will come and pick up the items (to keep the home safe and unknown...I get this) but she won't come out because of "construction". (There is more than 1 road leading to my place)

So...I packed up my mens deodorant, took the razors out of the women's box, raided my supply of shaving foam and dropped it off at the Lookout Society of Vancouver. They were so appreciative! I got that mushy feeling.

But now I'm faced with what to do with my growing pile of women's stuff.

I want to help but I don't want to beg charities to take my stuff.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

you could try to call that women's shelter again and see if they would be willing to pick it up at a public location... maybe the could pick it up at a tims or something. if not then just keep trying charities until someone is happy and grateful to get the help on behalf of the women that really need it.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Try the food banks in your area-ours will take toiletries,cleaning products.

Thread Information