User Tag List

Page 197 of 253 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3789
Like Tree14461Likes

Thread: ARMY AND SLAMMIE's Crazy Christmas Advent Package Train

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    Argh hubby is driving me insane. is it wrong for me to want where we stand financially for house before I move across the country & away from my family??!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
    Just my 2 pennies, but here is the main difference between men and women, we like to know that we will have a home and plan these things out, men are more willing to fly by the seat of their pants without a firm plan. We are also more likely to be worried about moving away from family and not as adventurous as our male counterpart. The best advice I can offer...... Communication....... Tell him "exactly" what you are afraid of and your concerns, they are terrible at figuring out the " feelings" thing. It is finding that balance of you feeling heard and trusting him and him taking your feelings into consideration and being able to make plans, too. Even if it doesn't change the outcome, knowing that he understands your feelings will make it easier for you both to make the change.

My hubby and I have had this conversation about the difference between men and women many times, and how to try to deal with it. We have finally after 14 years began to make some real headway in this area but it hasn't been easy.
    KK7, Melissa13, new2sc and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    Ladies.... I found the holy grail to help you clean the house and get in the Christmas spirit.... BEHOLD......

Sorry it is so big

mmmmmhmmm
    chesterjes and cowgirlmama04 like this.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Ugg... decided to cave and come out with hubby to see his loser friends at their Christmas party. Needless to say im bored out of my tree!!!! They are all off playing their RPG games while I'm sitting here not understanding a freaken thing!!! So ready to go home!!! I dont know what part of this is a party!!!!!! Should have just stayed home!!!!!
    chesterjes and cowgirlmama04 like this.

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    So I am probally going to be very grumpy next couple days I have some crappy shifts coming up....I know should be thankful I have a job lol But work 11-7:30ish tonight takes me half hour to get there and half hour to get home so there goes the day then have to get up at 5am leave here by 6:15 am work till 2 then Monday 12-8:30 ish the Tuesday 5am again leave at 6:15 get off at 3:30 like really who is that mean to do close/open/close/open I am too old for this crap lol
    I feel your pain Kim...because I am in management I get to do the worst shifts because no one else can so if someone calls in sick and we cant get it covered we have to stay and do there shift as well...it really sucks when its the graveyard that doesnt show up or call in sick...hugz to you
    KK7 likes this.

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    Argh hubby is driving me insane. is it wrong for me to want where we stand financially for house before I move across the country & away from my family??!

not wrong at all...when I did it 21 years ago...we can from ajax to kamloops bc with nothing but a 3 boxes of stuff. We had to re-buy absolutely everything and I came here to no job. it only took a week to find a job but we had to stay with FIL for 2 months and it was hard because I didnt want to be a burden to anyone. In short I am very glad I moved here and glad I didnt change my mind. Goo Luck to you
    dlee likes this.

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Day 7:
    For Olivia...
    A new touque and a Hello Kitty Ornament...and viewers beware it is a graphic picture lol
    Name:  014.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  52.2 KB
    She hates wearing clothes...hhmmm future stripper maybe..I hope not lol
    For me:
    The cutest napkins (Iseriously don't want to use them they are sooo cute) and an awesome set of silicone baking cups..can't wait to use these.
    Name:  015.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  72.8 KB

Thank-you both for everything so far...we love it!!
    KK7, Armygirl76, slambert and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Just checking in... We didn't get to opening today's gifts (GASP!!!). Today was a crazy day and tomorrow promises to be just as bonkers . I will post today and tomorrow's gift tomorrow at some point.

On the positive side- it has warmed up from -40 with windchill to "only" -24 with the windchill... Almost shorts weather here in Alberta

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post

On the positive side- it has warmed up from -40 with windchill to "only" -24 with the windchill... Almost shorts weather here in Alberta

Stop scaring the kids, lol

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Smart Canuck Norma Mackay-Rempel's Avatar
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Just got home from being away all day long. Hubby's work Christmas Party was today. Kelsey works with Lloyd at the feedlot so she was invited too. We had a really nice day and lots of fun!

Day 7 Thank you for the ice cube tray I needed one of these
    Kelsey received a horse pick. Happy girl!

Last edited by Norma Mackay-Rempel; Sun, Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Join me in earning Gift Cards with Swagbucks!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lnrempel

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Day 8 has my house all excited early in the morning! Trent got a set of Trash Pack cards with a trashie, he LOVES these things and is super impressed at the pack you picked out LeBlanc family Thank you!

Donnie got a Nike running shirt in the coolest blue color. He loves it and can't wait to wear it on his run Monday. He runs 5K everyday on his lunch break at work (he's a little crazy) Thank you Mitch he's feeling very spoiled!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Today brought me another Christmas towel and some snack size zipper bags. I don't use a lot of them and hate to buy them so this is great because when we do need them now I'll have some! Perfect Jackson got some play doh, perfect for the gifts he got yesterday (he got that garbage truck play doh thing he wanted from santa... you know, the one upstairs hiding in the closet for Santa to leave? Guess it's getting donated to the Angel tree at work lol) Plus a Cars decoration for the tree, that has candy inside. Guess what he had for breakfast?

Name:  IMAG0905.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  22.6 KBName:  IMAG0906.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  17.8 KB
    Melissa13, slambert, dlee and 2 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    I think moving across the country could be rather scary. Exciting but scary. It will obviously be a huge change, and while I'm sure it's going to be great in the long run, it will be an adventure to get there, and get settled, and all of it. Alberta is a bit different from Toronto I think you guys will have a great new start, but it is hard to do that. Keep talking to him, he may never get it but hopefully he does eventually!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    Just my 2 pennies, but here is the main difference between men and women, we like to know that we will have a home and plan these things out, men are more willing to fly by the seat of their pants without a firm plan. We are also more likely to be worried about moving away from family and not as adventurous as our male counterpart. The best advice I can offer...... Communication....... Tell him "exactly" what you are afraid of and your concerns, they are terrible at figuring out the " feelings" thing. It is finding that balance of you feeling heard and trusting him and him taking your feelings into consideration and being able to make plans, too. Even if it doesn't change the outcome, knowing that he understands your feelings will make it easier for you both to make the change.

My hubby and I have had this conversation about the difference between men and women many times, and how to try to deal with it. We have finally after 14 years began to make some real headway in this area but it hasn't been easy.
    Thanks ladies! For the most part I'm excited about moving out west. It is supposed to be a new start of sorts for us. But in order for my family to visit & for us to have a house any time soon it would have to be bought in the next year. But we would also need a loan from family. I don't want to get into all the details here but he needs to speak to his mum & when I ask him if he has he just tells me 'im annoying' & shuts down the conversation. Doesn't make me want to run out there to be treated like that. I hung up on him last night & he hasn't called back yet. im not calling back this time, he can do that. im curious to see how many days it will take.

Anywhoo sorry for my rant!

Day 8 brought 2 boxes of shaped mac & cheese for DD - spongebob (which my phone auto corrected to Slovenian btw) & monsters university. DD is excited & wanted one for breakfast lol

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by julesie-pie; Sun, Dec 8th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Day 8 brought me a memory box.
    julesie-pie and chesterjes like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

Day 8 brought me Tassimo coffee, will post a pic of days 5-8 later today!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Woohoo, today I received a bag full of k-cups, including my favs "Island Coconut" and "Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate"!! You rock, Slammy! :D

Jules….I'll tell ya this….it will suck and will be an constant issue to live provinces away from your family, especially if you're super close to your family like my hubby is with his. My husband moved out here to BC from Ontario 10 years ago. Met me, fell in love, and obviously never went back. But…..he's always missing his family……..and any vacation time we ever take is spent going to Ontario to visit his family…..which is a little unfair to me….but obviously I do it because we only go there every two years. He does spend hours sometimes talking on the phone with his mom which bothers me….but over time, I've learned to just keep my emotions to myself about it, because my family is here and his is not. He always has this desire to move back there one day, but knows that Ontario doesn't have much to offer him job wise……and knows I have zero desire to go there………so for now, we are here….but I guess we'll see what the future holds.

Page 197 of 253 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 ... LastLast

Thread Information