User Tag List

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree4165Likes

Thread: Remember to be Frugal - November Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    MY WORD Blueeye's that horrible.. at least you were able to leave without too much damage.. wow no wonder dh will not drive to the states.
    my hubby will never drive to the states to shop -he doesn't care too and I wont as I learnt later in age to drive ( I don't go out of my comfort zone) I find I get a lot of great deals here for sure

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Crazy day yesterday and today. Well worst day ever yesterday we have such bad luck.

Had a doctors appointment for myself and the kids yesterday. DS drove me up the wall and did not listen one bit while doctor was trying to talk to me and examine DD.

Then went out to find the car dead. DH was on his way from work to boost me... A car tried to come in the parking spot next to me... well I was standing there so DH could get in and boost me instead of pushing the car out... well he laid on his horn for a good minute because I didn't move.

He kept inching his car forward until he finally bumped into me with his car. I was PISSED. I was waiting for him to get out of his car so I could lay into him and tell him I had an 8 week old in the car freezing her ass off and really didn't feel like waiting another hour with her in the freezing cold for him to get in to see the doctor and come move his car again.

Instead he rolled his window down and said he was videotaping everything. I said good then I guess I'll have evidence when the police get here because you hit me with your &$@%#* car. He said that he would just deny everything and have me arrested for filing a false police report.

I was SHAKING by the time hubby showed up. He tried to calm me down, didn't work...

Then he tried to jump my car which killed his battery and didn't start mine! So we had to call my dad to come help boost both of us.

Took both cars to ILs after too look at them (all DHs auto tools are there). Turns out my connectors to the battery were so dirty they weren't charging the battery and also figured out as we were leaving there is a problem with the fog lights and fuse so I guess they had turned on while I was in the doctors office.

DHs car had a connector that was completely gone from corrosion. Tried taking ILs car to Canadian tire to get new connector... And theirs wouldn't start!! They need a new starter so left one of our cars there for them to use for a couple days as DH is off work.

What is with car problems as soon as it gets cold out??

So DH got a tooth pulled first thing this morning. FIL came over to take DS to school. Now I have 2 babies to take care of today, hopefully DS will be in a "big helper" mood after school lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unbelievable. You should have pulled out your phone and started taping him. Glad you got home safely. Some days should never be remembered or repeated.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    i tried it this weekend. I wasn't very fond of it. it was soggy and while most of it tasted okay, there was one piece that tasted really bad. don't think i will buy again.
    ok thanks
    blueeyetea and jasperandchar like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

MaddenMom so sorry to hear about your day, hoping today will be better.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

WOW.. to anyone on here that LOVES having coffee creamer.. (in their coffee or whatever) I was just on youtube looking for ways to recycle my one and only container of it..
    and I found a video of how to make.. coffee creamer.. when she listed off the ingredients in my bottle i was like eww.

TWO ingredients make your very own.... milk... and sweetened condensed milk.. im serious.
    she mixed 14 oz of milk.(homo or whatever suits your tastes) and one 14oz can (the small Eagle brand kind) of SCM and thats IT!!
    you can add any natural flavors (sold at health food stores) or cocoa for a more chocolatey taste...and then pour it into mason jars.. you can seal and shake them at your leisure..
    the jars can sit in your fridge for up to two weeks.. just think of what your saving.
    my word..y did i not know this before.
    im really starting to love youtube.
    OH and i can 'recycle' my container into a snowman.. theres a video for that too

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    WOW.. to anyone on here that LOVES having coffee creamer.. (in their coffee or whatever) I was just on youtube looking for ways to recycle my one and only container of it..
    and I found a video of how to make.. coffee creamer.. when she listed off the ingredients in my bottle i was like eww.

TWO ingredients make your very own.... milk... and sweetened condensed milk.. im serious.
    she mixed 14 oz of milk.(homo or whatever suits your tastes) and one 14oz can (the small Eagle brand kind) of SCM and thats IT!!
    you can add any natural flavors (sold at health food stores) or cocoa for a more chocolatey taste...and then pour it into mason jars.. you can seal and shake them at your leisure..
    the jars can sit in your fridge for up to two weeks.. just think of what your saving.
    my word..y did i not know this before.
    im really starting to love youtube.
    OH and i can 'recycle' my container into a snowman.. theres a video for that too
    Awesome! I buy sugar free so I wonder if the Eagle stuff has a sugar free one (that uses Stevia?) Will have to take a look

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Crazy day yesterday and today. Well worst day ever yesterday we have such bad luck.

Had a doctors appointment for myself and the kids yesterday. DS drove me up the wall and did not listen one bit while doctor was trying to talk to me and examine DD.

Then went out to find the car dead. DH was on his way from work to boost me... A car tried to come in the parking spot next to me... well I was standing there so DH could get in and boost me instead of pushing the car out... well he laid on his horn for a good minute because I didn't move.

He kept inching his car forward until he finally bumped into me with his car. I was PISSED. I was waiting for him to get out of his car so I could lay into him and tell him I had an 8 week old in the car freezing her ass off and really didn't feel like waiting another hour with her in the freezing cold for him to get in to see the doctor and come move his car again.

Instead he rolled his window down and said he was videotaping everything. I said good then I guess I'll have evidence when the police get here because you hit me with your &$@%#* car. He said that he would just deny everything and have me arrested for filing a false police report.

I was SHAKING by the time hubby showed up. He tried to calm me down, didn't work...

Then he tried to jump my car which killed his battery and didn't start mine! So we had to call my dad to come help boost both of us.

Took both cars to ILs after too look at them (all DHs auto tools are there). Turns out my connectors to the battery were so dirty they weren't charging the battery and also figured out as we were leaving there is a problem with the fog lights and fuse so I guess they had turned on while I was in the doctors office.

DHs car had a connector that was completely gone from corrosion. Tried taking ILs car to Canadian tire to get new connector... And theirs wouldn't start!! They need a new starter so left one of our cars there for them to use for a couple days as DH is off work.

What is with car problems as soon as it gets cold out??

So DH got a tooth pulled first thing this morning. FIL came over to take DS to school. Now I have 2 babies to take care of today, hopefully DS will be in a "big helper" mood after school lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure you had a few choice words and quite understandably, my goodness worse day it was, what a jerk that guy was that hit you and had the gall to be so rude & comfrontational with his video footage. Kids will be kids is all I can say with regard to your ds's behaviour it always seems to happen in public places . What bad luck that both cars died and your inlaws car is broken as well, goodness not funny at all. How did your appointment go for you?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This week Suppers sofar I've planned for myself - bf is working and tends to eat at work - are leftovers

Tonight - Left over lasagana (might freeze the other three peices)
    Wednesday - Leftover fried rice and stirfry
    Thursday - whatever's leftover or in the fridge - i think hotdogs and some maccaroni or fried potatoes.
    Friday - I think Chicken stew is planned at bf's moms house.

I placed an order yesterday on Old Navy - Ordered a Sweater and top for myself 24.99 each on clearance plus a 30% Rememberance day coupon off each. Also ordered 5 tops for the oldest boy as hes out grown all but 4 tops - 28.99 total for all five in clearance as well plus the 30% off coupon on them too.

Ordered photos for christmas cards today - used the walmart 15 prints free coupon so my 35 prints end up only costing me 3.00 when i pick them up at the end of the week.

I applied on another pt job - havent heard back for any as of yet. Although the pt job i do have monkeyed with my hours again - now rather than being saturday & sunday each weekend (original schedule) or on call (schedule i was told last week) I get sundays 3-11.
    I'm ok with that as its still an extra 400 a month we wouldnt have otherwise. I would rather have something that gave me 16 to 20 hours a week pt as well as my full time job though so will keep looking.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

J & C - no one is judging you for stress between family. Everyone has it. We now have certain cousins & an uncle that are no longer welcome in certain family members homes. They dont seem to get WHY but everyone else understands the reasons.

Crochetlady - i hope your back feels better soon

casey - that gift basket is wonderful!

MrsSunshine - I hope your dad starts feeling better soon!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I talked to a nurse this afternoon. She said absolutely no bending and complete rest. I was going to take the pies to church this afternoon but after taking a shower I could barely move...couldn`t even get dressed. Hubby had to ask a neighbour to drive him and the pies to church.

saundyl: Good luck on the job hunt.

MaddensMamma: I hope you`re having a better day today.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    This week Suppers sofar I've planned for myself - bf is working and tends to eat at work - are leftovers

Tonight - Left over lasagana (might freeze the other three peices)
    Wednesday - Leftover fried rice and stirfry
    Thursday - whatever's leftover or in the fridge - i think hotdogs and some maccaroni or fried potatoes.
    Friday - I think Chicken stew is planned at bf's moms house.

I placed an order yesterday on Old Navy - Ordered a Sweater and top for myself 24.99 each on clearance plus a 30% Rememberance day coupon off each. Also ordered 5 tops for the oldest boy as hes out grown all but 4 tops - 28.99 total for all five in clearance as well plus the 30% off coupon on them too.

Ordered photos for christmas cards today - used the walmart 15 prints free coupon so my 35 prints end up only costing me 3.00 when i pick them up at the end of the week.

I applied on another pt job - havent heard back for any as of yet. Although the pt job i do have monkeyed with my hours again - now rather than being saturday & sunday each weekend (original schedule) or on call (schedule i was told last week) I get sundays 3-11.
    I'm ok with that as its still an extra 400 a month we wouldnt have otherwise. I would rather have something that gave me 16 to 20 hours a week pt as well as my full time job though so will keep looking.
    fantastic on your shopping online you got some great bargains. And $400.00 a month you wouldn't otherwise have is a bonus, good luck & hope the other part time job comes calling if it's better or better suits you and your bf.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I talked to a nurse this afternoon. She said absolutely no bending and complete rest. I was going to take the pies to church this afternoon but after taking a shower I could barely move...couldn`t even get dressed. Hubby had to ask a neighbour to drive him and the pies to church.

saundyl: Good luck on the job hunt.

MaddensMamma: I hope you`re having a better day today.
    very king of your neighbour to drive the pies over for you and listen to the nurse and bed rest yourself before you do something that might make it worse, would a heating pad or hot water bottle help, you may have already mentioned this but I can't remember and did you happen to ask about the anti-anflimatories?

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Hi Everyone....Just reading through some of the posts. Hard to keep up Hope everyone is having a good day and better for the ones that have been having rough ones. Planned out my weekly menu on Sunday so that is going well. Trying to organize my days better now. Working on a plan. LOL. Might sound silly but I will post anyway. I usually do Laundry on Saturday and Sunday is our family day. Wednesday is Recycle Day. Well I found a little book and wrote in My Morning Routine, Night Routine and started filling in the other days with things to do. Will then add monthly chores, etc. Looks real good on paper. LOL. Will see how it goes. (It is just a little booklet, the size of my hand, with 50 pages or so. Bought it at the Dollar Store).
    Last edited by Scottishgal; Tue, Nov 12th, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took DS to Sportchek to get the 3 last pieces of hockey equipment that he needed since his other stuff was getting small. Everything was 40-60% off then saved another 20% off when I bought 3 pieces so not bad at all Dinner is done and kitchen cleaned and even baked some cookies for dessert (ready made lol $2 at SS) Just hanging with my little one in the family room but will start getting things ready for tomorrow soon and hopefully start on my storage room. Even if I empty 1 box or something its a start.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Woohoo.. he's going home tomorrow. so pleased. so won't be on til the afternoon as Im heading up to help bring him home.
    just praying he stays healthy for a few weeks.
    I may also not be around too much during the day as i've offered to help out at the house to ease the load on mom.
    geesh come to think of it. may become quite sporadic on here between their place, getting things ready for xmas here and the odd other things i have to take care of before the new year.
    i'll try not to be too much of a stranger.

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information