User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 20x lists for Sat Nov 16

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have the HP 320/2GB 15.6 one that is on for $289. Bought it this time last year and it is perfect for me. I use it for web browsing, email, work (word/excel, video conferencing). No issues with it. I got the HP because if I did have issues I would be dealing with them (HP) and my previous experience with their CS is good. If it is a Christmas present I would open it and make sure it works right after you get it - if there was an issue you may have enough time to do something with the mfg if necessary. I will be purcahsing tablets (x2) for my kids this year. For me, their return policy on electronics just means that I stick to reputable mfg's, shop early and pre-test if it is a gift.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    \

Also, a question about redemptions... if the redemption is worth say $170...does that mean I have to buy $170 worth of stuff before tax and EHC fees, and pay the EHC fees and tax out of pocket? Or does the $170 cover tax too?
    Redemptions do not cover EHC fees or taxes, so you always have to pay that oop.
    bdkmosher and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

May I ask when you are planning out your list, how many times do you get exacty what you set out to get? do you have a few spare options on your list to cover others. I have made a list a few times and found items sold out. Just wondering the success rate at the planning and thank you web3 for starting this thread every so often because it gives us an idea.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    May I ask when you are planning out your list, how many times do you get exacty what you set out to get? do you have a few spare options on your list to cover others. I have made a list a few times and found items sold out. Just wondering the success rate at the planning and thank you web3 for starting this thread every so often because it gives us an idea.
    I find mine is a good success rate for the lists I make (mostly grocery stuff), but I do like to have some extra cheap filler stuff on the list (for example soup for 0.69 ea). 20x with one dale sales will be crazy, so best to go earlier morning or later in the evening if you want to get one-day merch.
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I'm skipping this one under protest. Lots of food items I would like to get, and some other 'couponable' stuff but I don't have an extra $50 right now. We got slapped with a $2500 vet bill for my little baby, and we are trying to be diligent not to spend extra until we pay that off. So I'm living vicariously through your lists.
    web3 likes this.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

I ask this every time….. Does the $10 shoppers savings card (from double double promo) count towards the $50? I don't know why I can't keep this straight!!!!
    Thanks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had success - I got the $289.99 laptop (got the last one, 5 min after the doors opened), plus $80 of miscellaneous other items with tonnes of coupons (Got cereal, juice packs, baby foods, nivea products, and a bunch of other random things - I had to reconfigure my purchases on the fly as some of the stuff I wanted wasn't there or wasn't what I thought), and my total OOP came to $351.74, and my points at 74,000 brought my up to just over the $170 redemption level. Rather than wait for a mega redemption when it will be difficult to get any of the big ticket items, I might go back today to redeem for the other big Xmas gift I need. I am so pleased... but good lord, that was stressful.

I had to wait in line outside, and got the last laptop. Oddly enough, there was still one of the two PS4's they got left after the line-up cleared... weird!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Great deal on toothbrushes. Certain oral b toothbrushes are $1.88 each at SDM, use your P&G coupon for $4.50 wub 3 crest items listed (sorry don't know the exact wording as I already used my coupons, coupon does NOT state that it has to be different items, so yay for me)
    i was able to get 6 toothbrushes.
    6x$1.88=$11.28 + HST $1.47 = $12.75 - less 2x$4.50 coupons = $3.75 for 6 toothbrushes. Feels like a buy 2 get 4 free when I look at the math.
    Good way to bring down oop similar to the FRUTTARE
    LoveCpn and maiyuu like this.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Nice one. Just back from my shopping trip to SDM, wish had seen this before I went, lol

I was told again by the cashier that I wont get 20* points, as I used cpns to bring down the total OOP below $50, and the lady after me has been giving me all the dirty looks she could as using coupons slowed down the checkout and then said to me:" Everyone wants to save money, but policy is policy, you wont get bonus points as you're not spending over $50. Just move on."

Then when the bonus points show on receipt, the cashier was like "I know you can't get the points, maybe it's just this once that the system allowed you."
    And that lady sang along" yes, I work in technology, I know how complicated a system can be, it can make mistakes." Oh these people drove me nuts!! They dont know how the bonus points work and they make it sound like I'm taking advantage of their system???!!! So annoying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maddie2008 View Post
    Great deal on toothbrushes. Certain oral b toothbrushes are $1.88 each at SDM, use your P&G coupon for $4.50 wub 3 crest items listed (sorry don't know the exact wording as I already used my coupons, coupon does NOT state that it has to be different items, so yay for me)
    i was able to get 6 toothbrushes.
    6x$1.88=$11.28 + HST $1.47 = $12.75 - less 2x$4.50 coupons = $3.75 for 6 toothbrushes. Feels like a buy 2 get 4 free when I look at the math.
    Good way to bring down oop similar to the FRUTTARE
    Last edited by LoveCpn; Sat, Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    web3 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The shoppers I went to refused to take my SmartSource printed coupons with coupon redemption address in Quebec. Below is what's printed on coupon.
    "This coupon is valid in Canada only. Mail to: redemca, PO box 128, longueuil, quebec, J4K4X8". Have you ever encountered this? Or is it another invention my local SDM just created?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCpn View Post
    The shoppers I went to refused to take my SmartSource printed coupons with coupon redemption address in Quebec. Below is what's printed on coupon.
    "This coupon is valid in Canada only. Mail to: redemca, PO box 128, longueuil, quebec, J4K4X8". Have you ever encountered this? Or is it another invention my local SDM just created?
    Yes, that is true as Shoppers do not take coupons mailed to Quebec. Any other mailing address is fine.
    LoveCpn likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had an almost identical experience today, except the lady behind me was just a cranky ole thing, being just that, a cranky ole thing.

Nice one. Just back from my shopping trip to SDM, wish had seen this before I went, lol

I was told again by the cashier that I wont get 20* points, as I used cpns to bring down the total OOP below $50, and the lady after me has been giving me all the dirty looks she could as using coupons slowed down the checkout and then said to me:" Everyone wants to save money, but policy is policy, you wont get bonus points as you're not spending over $50. Just move on."

Then when the bonus points show on receipt, the cashier was like "I know you can't get the points, maybe it's just this once that the system allowed you."
    And that lady sang along" yes, I work in technology, I know how complicated a system can be, it can make mistakes." Oh these people drove me nuts!! They dont know how the bonus points work and they make it sound like I'm taking advantage of their system???!!! So annoying!!!
    LoveCpn likes this.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Even the cashier I had was determined I wasn't gonna get the points. She insisted I need to spend the extra $$, I told her just hit the debit button so I can pay and get the heck out. She said "don't blame me if you don't get the points then". When the receipt printed, she was shocked the points were there.
    LoveCpn likes this.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks, did not know this before... Would you happen to know if other grocery stores in Ontatio which accept printed coupons, e.g. walmart/freshco have this restriction too?

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    Yes, that is true as Shoppers do not take coupons mailed to Quebec. Any other mailing address is fine.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks, did not know this before... Would you happen to know if other grocery stores in Ontatio which accept printed coupons, e.g. walmart/freshco have this restriction too?
    I think Walmart is okay, but I'm not the best couponer out there to ask this as I'm still quite new to couponing myself

Hopefully someone else can answer better!
    LoveCpn likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information