User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Do you think you are Menaupausing, meet your new family members...

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I found this on a link to a link to a link...borrowed from (I don't know if I should insert name)...thank you, hope you do not mind me sharing, I found it so cute..

You probably all saw it already but I just met "Psycho" tonight, ask DH.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by oscarandme; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 01:20 AM.
    Natalka, walkonby, toban and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I started meeting some of them through perimenopause... others I've been able to hold at bay!

But I do remember Psycho coming to visit, so I know what you mean - scared the dickens out of my husband and son - and me, of course. Luckily a visit to my gynie, getting hormones tested and on meds for a while helped level out the imbalance and I was myself again.
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Solution: Evening Primrose Oil capsules.

Jamieson makes it along with others. I think there is a coupon Jamieson vitamins and supplements.

Plus 8 hours sleep
    Plus no caffeine
    Plus exercise.

Reduces menopause symptoms and also PMS symptoms for younger ladies.

Disclaimer: Shwa Girl is not a doctor. Talk to your doctor.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 06:47 AM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I know right!! I remember my mother never looked her age and was the nicest person you would ever meet, never talked bad about anyone, always smiling and enjoying people that is where I get it from, except I shared once that when she let out a french curse word..oh boy ...run for hills.

But I remember distinctively when she was 56. It looked like her but oh man, that was not her. And it was spiratic, you never knew when it would happen and I am now 50 and the last month and a bit, 3 times. DH is looking at me with so much fear and he just stands still and stares. I know it's bad. It doesn't last long but oh man...we were at Metro tonight and Psycho was already here and I saw this lady about my age and the had the Quaker Oats package in her hands and was putting it back and taking it away and I said in a low voice I remember RCSS has them on special for 1.98. She looks at me and says I work here I know my prices you don't need to help me..... Silence........she had no idea who was visiting and how close she came to eating that pack of oats. Psycho would have paid full price to cram that pack of oats down ther throat...

This is some scary stuff. I need to make me an apointment a.s.a.p. before I become a headine in a newspaper. That is why this cartoon just made me laugh to myself and I thought, my sisters and brothers on SC must know first-hand or know someone and they can relate.

I'm glad you got that straightened out Natalka and I cannot wait either. It takes allllllot to make me mad and that is why DH was like a deer in headlights when Psycho showed-up 3 times too many. It is kind of funny looking back tonight at his expression on his face though. Yikes.. Maybe I have an 8th dwarf .
    Last edited by oscarandme; Fri, Nov 15th, 2013 at 07:04 AM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh Shwa Girl, I love you but oh no Drugs are the only thing that will manage this thing and an exocism or a few. I tried those things years ago for our time of the month and did not really help me at all. Maybe it would for others. I so appreciate the advice but oh no...I need drugs...

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Solution: Evening Primrose Oil capsules.

Jamieson makes it along with others. I think there is a coupon Jamieson vitamins and supplements.

Plus 8 hours sleep
    Plus no caffeine
    Plus exercise.

Reduces menopause symptoms and also PMS symptoms for younger ladies.

Disclaimer: Shwa Girl is not a doctor. Talk to your doctor.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Oh Shwa Girl, I love you but oh no Drugs are the only thing that will manage this thing and an exocism or a few. I tried those things years ago for our time of the month and did not really help me at all. Maybe it would for others. I so appreciate the advice but oh no...I need drugs...
    Evening Primrose Oil is like a "drug". A natural "drug" with fewer side effects, IMHO.

Can take up to 3 months to work along with the exercise, no caffeine and sleep recommendation.

Good luck! Whatever you choose to do.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

oscarandme - LOL on your story!

Nice, gentle, easygoing me, always happy with a smile - yeah, I swore, yelled, threw plates and food - it wasn't pretty, but it luckily it only struck when I was at home! I scared my son and husband - what I turned into was definitely not the mom and wife they knew! Plus, I had other symptoms as well...
    Thank goodness for a great gynecologist!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yeah I had all those visitors for about 6 months then I changed my diet and they all went away .
    walkonby, Shwa Girl, ticul and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Isn't it scary not to have any control and just turn on a dime like that? That is crazy!! I shutter to think if I had had a couple of glasses of wine...But it still is funny to see their faces though right?

You're too funny too. I'm so glad you have a good doctor. I am stuck with clinics over here so ...who knows what, when an how this will be resolved. If I don't log on for a few days, pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    oscarandme - LOL on your story!

Nice, gentle, easygoing me, always happy with a smile - yeah, I swore, yelled, threw plates and food - it wasn't pretty, but it luckily it only struck when I was at home! I scared my son and husband - what I turned into was definitely not the mom and wife they knew! Plus, I had other symptoms as well...
    Thank goodness for a great gynecologist!
    Natalka, kazm-l and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Really Patty? changing your diet made a difference in your Jekyl and Hyde phase? no drugs or operation? not to get too personal. I imagine eating healthier would make significant changes that would give a fresh start to the system but really no cream, no drugs??? Tell us more if you want to only though.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Yeah I had all those visitors for about 6 months then I changed my diet and they all went away .
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Really Patty? changing your diet made a difference in your Jekyl and Hyde phase? no drugs or operation? not to get too personal. I imagine eating healthier would make significant changes that would give a fresh start to the system but really no cream, no drugs??? Tell us more if you want to only though.
    I can tell you more in PM, don't want to start the usual riot on here when I mention being vegan and yes no medication at all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

OMG ... this is so good! Perfect Friday night reading - I love it (along with my glass (or two) of pinot gris)....
    I haven't quite hit this yet - close - glimpses - of y and psycho (but not the sweaty, itchy or sleepy - and the forgetful - well that's just normal) ... I have had colleagues that swore by the evening primrose oil... Do you think it subdues the eventual symptoms if you start the evening primrose before it really starts?

Oscarandme - you are always so sweet and encouraging to everyone on here it just made me crack up to read the post.... Thank you for sharing this

And Patty - well I hope you know already that I always get a charge out of your comments - always straight to the point and from the heart! kudos to all of you for sharing and being honest.

I keep asking my doctor - but to be perfectly honest she's much more a believer in full on meds than the more holistic route and for me the more natural way would be better all round.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh thank you dahliagrower! We all have the same issues or situations one time or another and why not share it. So many valuable tips shared in this community and I just don't mean on savings. Like the brothers and sisters I always wanted to sit down and be honest with. I would be the same sitting on your living room having a glass of pinot gris. Man am I out of the loop (gris?). I only new of the noir. I'm old. Thank you for the kind words and please chime-in anytime, we'd love to hear from you more often, you sound full of energy and a lovely soul. Good luck on your venture too with your new famiy and the Primrose might be a way to keep them at bay (in the forest for a while) anyways if not completly. Thank you for sharing dahliagrower and have a lovely weekend and to everyone else as well reading and sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    OMG ... this is so good! Perfect Friday night reading - I love it (along with my glass (or two) of pinot gris).... I haven't quite hit this yet - close - glimpses - of y and psycho (but not the sweaty, itchy or sleepy - and the forgetful - well that's just normal) ... I have had colleagues that swore by the evening primrose oil... Do you think it subdues the eventual symptoms if you start the evening primrose before it really starts? Oscarandme - you are always so sweet and encouraging to everyone on here it just made me crack up to read the post.... Thank you for sharing this And Patty - well I hope you know already that I always get a charge out of your comments - always straight to the point and from the heart! kudos to all of you for sharing and being honest. I keep asking my doctor - but to be perfectly honest she's much more a believer in full on meds than the more holistic route and for me the more natural way would be better all round.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sat, Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:50 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What's so good about growing old? Not having to deal with menopause!! haha!
    Sorry. Didn't mean to giggle....The worst I had were the hot flashes...those dam heat-waves! I could honestly identify with that commercial that was on tv a few years ago with that woman tromping out of her house in shorty pjs and big boots, through the snow, and turning on the central air conditioner again! That was hilarious! Mood-wise I was more of a slow burn than an explosion...more cranky and sarcastic. What an awful time!

My doc also told me to use Primrose Oil, and I did, and I believe it worked for me, since I never went back and grabbed him by the shirt demanding more drugs! He didn't want to put me on any hormone replacement therapies since he didn't trust them...it's what I love about our doc: he's very cautious and up to date on everything.

I wish you well, my Friend, although I can't for the life of me imagine you going all psycho on your hubby! I hope you find the relief you're looking for, whatever you choose to use. You likely won't be on it for a long time, so no worries there...if you need it, then take whatever it takes to bring back they sweet lady we know you to be...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information