User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Nivea Coupon

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to Walmart today to use the nivea coupon since I have been reading other scers are using it no problem. I brought them to the register and the cashier told me you can't use it on lip balm I said fine I went to one of the managers and asked him. He said it looked fine and i could use it then he asked me how much was the price i told him 1.97 he then changed his mind and said no no u can't use it. Nivea wants u to buy a expensive product and get the $3 off i told him it doesnt exclude it. R u having a hard time using it or am I doing something wrong?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i was at walmart over the weekend, using to use a $2 off coupon for a $1 item, and they said no, I have to purchase an item that is equal or higher value then the coupon. which was the biggest BS I have heard, because everyone know walmart allows overage. i wasn't in the mood to argue with them, so I just used the $1 off coupon in stead of the $2 one.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

walmart doesn't like giving overage.. they will allow you to use a coupon without a second glance but if your getting decent overage on it they want to put a stop on it and make an excuse to prevent it... i've had one cashier say "i'll let you do it this time" i never buy in excess when i buy an overage item
    oscarandme and momi like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was getting a hard time over using these coupons at SDM… which is where I got the coupons. So today I thought I'd try my luck at RCSS and went to a cashier that looked like she wouldn't hassle me.. lol. and it worked! I got bar soap that was 2.59 and I used the $3 off coupon it.. so it was completely free .
    sam786, oscarandme and momi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    i was at walmart over the weekend, using to use a $2 off coupon for a $1 item, and they said no, I have to purchase an item that is equal or higher value then the coupon. which was the biggest BS I have heard, because everyone know walmart allows overage. i wasn't in the mood to argue with them, so I just used the $1 off coupon in stead of the $2 one.
    i have also noticed it some times they (sdm,walmart,target,rcss or any other stores)don't deny to accept a coupon but when it comes to overage or the product is free with coupon or close to free...they start putting objections...this is not exactly the same item or blah blah...
    today i went to target and bought 2 nivea body washes for 3.79 each so with $3.00 coupon it was only .79 each the cashier went through the coupon 4 or 5 times then finally she called the manager,the manager was very nice the cashier told her that with this coupon it will cost her .79 only. i was really surprised and it looked really weird too me yes it will cost only .79 soooo,
    finally manger told the cashier to accept the coupon because exceptions are clearly mentioned plus coupon also says all available items are not featured here moreover the manager says if nivea wants that customers to buy body lotions,facial cleansers or moisturizers they can simply print it valid only on body lotions cleansers or moisturizers.the nivea dont need too print body care or face care.i was happt with the manager but there was some hassle because of the cashier...
    Last edited by momi; Tue, Nov 19th, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
    sam786, oscarandme and ladyluck like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I was denied this coupon for soaps at SDM as well.... going to try a different store
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I was not allowed to use it at SDM as well and I have not tried it since to use it again.
    oscarandme likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried at shoppers and they said no and now Walmart said no I think I should go to a different walmart and try again I wanted to use the overage to cover some of the cost of a cover for my double stroller I wanted to get but i had to pay full price
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I always simply ask cashier first can I use this coupon for this product in these cases and if he/ she allowed then ok otherwise simply leave that. Because most of time honestly buying that product with coupon for stock pile (future use) or for gifts instead of urgent need. I used 4 such coupons for soap last week at SDM without any problem, but for lip balm they said no.
    sam786, oscarandme and momi like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by uanoor View Post
    I always simply ask cashier first can I use this coupon for this product in these cases and if he/ she allowed then ok otherwise simply leave that. Because most of time honestly buying that product with coupon for stock pile (future use) or for gifts instead of urgent need. I used 4 such coupons for soap last week at SDM without any problem, but for lip balm they said no.
    yeah specially for lip balm,its very difficult to use the coupon,but for soaps and body washes its not difficult.
    sam786 and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are getting smart now. They don't want to give out free stuff. I had the same problem.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if the coupon included the word "lip care", no one will have any trouble getting the lip balm

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I had a problem at one SDM and not another. The problem with me is that I do not have a solid argument to make my point when there appears to be a grey area that they can say no to. So I sound uncertain so they can refuse. I hate that.
    momi and Durham Couponer like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

it happened with me 1 time only at sdm,they denied to accept it.
    but the 2nd time at the same SDM THERE WAS ANOTHER CSM,she only did not accept the coupon but also gave me overage.
    but i think its not worth to argue for a product that's difficult to get so then i decided i will buy only body washes.Attachment 202886Attachment 202887.both times there was the same supervisor.
    sam786 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I happened to read over their facebook page and someone asked about the issue, not sure if she is a member here, but here is Nivea's reply regarding the coupon:

NIVEA Canada Thanks for your inquiry and we’re happy to clarify. In answer to your question, Lip Balm is not included. It is true lips are on the face and are part of the body but that is not how these are normally viewed. We listed categories (face and body) as generally interpreted by both industry and our consumers and we listed the exclusions from those categories. Products which are not within the categories of Body and Face Care were not listed in the exclusions since they relate specifically to the two categories the coupon is meant for. Lip Care is a separate category from Body and Face Care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information