User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I mean REALLY?!?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh its rant time.

Well today i was on the express lane so 12 items or less..start off by saying my store was SUPER dead meaning maybe 1 customer every 5-8 minutes because of the weather nobody is shopping today.Well i had a women come to my line she had 13 items and the other 2 lanes opened had a cart full at each so she asked if she can sneak though my till.Not a problem! only 1 above the limit not like a huge cart full..so no big deal.

Well it was a HUGE deal to the women who came up behind her and after i checked out the women with the 13 items rather then 12 this women spazzed on me.She said "do you have the rights to refuse a customer" and me so confused about what she was referring to said no? then she kept repeating it getting more aggressive and then shes like "Do you have the right to refuse a customer with more then 12 items" and i said well depends on how many more items they have above 12 if they have say 15 items its really not a big deal and really wont take alot of time to scan 3 extra items.If they have a cart full of groceries they of course i am going to redirect them to one of the other lanes no doubts.

Not good enough for her!! oh no! shes like that women had more then 12 items!! i said she had ONE item over the limit ONE!.Then she goes on to say "LOOK how many bags she had!! and her total was $70 dollars"...

okay now at this point now going to lie i was starting to get ticked and i said well she had a lot of bigs (maybe 5 at the most) because i tend to pack light and only put 3-4 items per bag depending on the weight and size of the item.I also told her its really not that hard to hit $70 in 13 items.

So did that shut her up? NOPE! "SHE HAD MORE THEN 12 ITEMS"...again by 1..and that i was a "rookie" and that annoyed that heck right out of me and i snapped back that infact i have been a cashier for now over 3 years..

that was my day..was glad when she stormed out there was no reasoning with this women!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Some people are nuts.
    I hope you had a good laugh about it!
    Candini likes this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

She needs to get a life. If it's like > 20 items and the line up is long everywhere then I can understand but making a fuss over 1 extra item...how long does that take for you to ring that in.

Just tell her the customer miscounted, has 13 intstead of 12 and you're not going to void the entire transaction and make her goes to another lane just for that.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, I hope you realize you weren't the real problem, it's all on her...

Cashiers rock!
    kidsteph likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Some people must have really boring lives that they have to be so dramatic over stupid things.

I've had express lane cashiers call me over even though I was well over the limit because they weren't busy and there were no other customers waiting.
    I'm 100% certain that if the situation ever comes up where she has 13 items and the only open checkout was the express lane, she'd be demanding that she be able to go through it.
    mydusty likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! That is crazy! Women like that is the reason why if I am over the limit, I will either put stuff back that I don't need (usually inpulse buys) or I go to another register if I need anything (even 1 or 2 items). i wouldn't want to put a cashier into that situation. Now that is just what I do, but I have NO issue with other people having more items then the limit going through the express lanes (within reason of course).
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

What a nut! One item is not the end of the world.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Some people have nothing better to do.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Either this woman was having a really bad day, or this woman has a really unhappy life if that caused her to explode. It really sucks that you were on the receiving end of a reaction that did not fit the circumstances. It had nothing to do with you, or even the customer that you helped, and everything to do with the woman who exploded. In situations like this, I try to remind myself that I am lucky to be happier than that person.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

You have to wonder what kind of person gets so worked up about stupid stuff like how many items the person in front of you had?!?! Life to short to be worried about other people sheesh!
    snuffaluffagus likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Either this woman was having a really bad day, or this woman has a really unhappy life if that caused her to explode.
    I'm thinking that too. That is really sad to blow up over something so stupid.
    I've seen the opposite where there was a lineup in the express lane and someone with a huge cart full (50+ items) sneaks in and rages at the cashier when they are told that they have to go to another lane.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

When I worked in retail, I used to be amused by people who came up to the express lane with a cartload. I'd politely ask, "Do you have less than ten items?" They'd look at me, look at the cart, back at me and usually reply some variation of, "I'm not sure." I'd usually just cheerfully offer to charge them $20 for every item over 10! Of course I didn't do it. I also found it entertaining when the customer didn't get their way and would bluster at me, "Well I'm going to (insert competing store name here) next time!"

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

That's when I'd politely offer her the "stores daily deal" of a bottle of Midol and some chocolate "
    i_forget likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I do not miss working retail at all. And this time of year even more so! Good luck!
    GeorgiaK likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow some people -unreal to complain about little stuff like that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information