Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By matrix82
  • 8 Post By Midnightly
  • 4 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By lghend

Thread: Canada Post- Tis the Season for Bad Service

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I ordered a gift through Amazon to be sent to my parents. I checked the tracking on the item and it showed delivered today before noon. I called my father and he never received the item. I called Canada Post who told me there was nothing they could do, I had to handle this through Amazon.

Amazon called Canada Post and was told that items are often marked as Delivered even though they are not and the system doesn't update until the following day.

The item arrived just before 8pm, so 8 hrs after it was said to be delivered, it just showed up on the front step (no knock) and it was completely ripped open, shoved in the corner. It looked like it was sliced open with a knife. All the flaps were spread open. It was a relatively large box, around two feet long, and if you have ordered through Amazon they use the reinforced paper tape, so something that doesn't get accidentally ripped open by accident. it was a clear three cuts to open the package.

I am really not happy with Canada Post.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Canada Post
    MillieH likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it sounds to me that canada post might have delivered it to the wrong address the person opened it decided they didnt want it them dropped it off on their doorstep (this does happen!, it's happened to me once)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Probably wasn't Canada Post's fault at all - either a wrong delivery as said above or - unfortunately - bad people who see deliveries on doorsteps and help themselves...

Was the item(s) intact?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My Father was home all day today, and if the delivery happened around 11:50am he was about 10 feet from the door at the time, so there was not a knock at the door.

This is not the first time an opened package has arrived. Now I have to deal with Amazon to deal with Canada Post.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had neighbours' packages left on my doorstep in the past. I call to have it picked up and delivered properly since I don't think it should go unreported.
    Midnightly likes this.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Probably wasn't Canada Post's fault at all - either a wrong delivery as said above or - unfortunately - bad people who see deliveries on doorsteps and help themselves...
    Was the item(s) intact?
    If it was a wrong delivery then that would be Canada Post's fault.

It sucks that this happened, I get so nervous with sending packages because of this. I have a few items to return to different companies, both because I received defective items and I am nervous something will happen to them and I won't get my refund (equalling $250 all together).

Thread Information