User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: QOTD: Thurs Dec 05: In excess...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nail Polish.
    Few hundred different colours.

Nothing else in my house lasts long.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I actually don't have any stockpiles. Mostly because I HATE clutter and I want the MOST open space possible. In every inch of my place. So having half a closet or part of a room dedicated to a stockpile would just not work for me lol
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Dec 5th, 2013 at 08:45 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

O.k. This may be kind of weird.
    Canned salmon. Because it's easy to make dinner quickly with this. And healthier than McD's.
    When the sockeye salmon goes on sale, we get as much as we can.
    DiamondLil, Natalka, TaraF and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have a one year rule with a couple exceptions... if it has a long shelf life a one year supply is a good amount to have.

Here are the exceptions... dry things that won't spoil... i would stock up and have a 2 year supply if dishwasher detergent... it won't go bad (no gel packs here!) I have no trouble stocking up on body wash! We go through a lot of it. I am in the tub about twice a day.

Ziploc sammie bags... they are not going to go bad and they don't take up much space so i get em while the gettin is good! LOL

If it is something I go through a lot of like bathroom tissue we can go over a bit... within reason... I currently have a 13 month supply... and I might pick up 2 more in the next week if it helps me to achieve another deal... but that is it I am so grounded off tp after that!

Now that I have these clear goals in place if a deal is really great and I feel the urge to shop... i call a family member and say hey I can get this deal do you want any?... I still get to shop that way... they even offer to help with the gas costs.

I am not judging those with bigger or smaller stockpiles at all... Everybody's goals and people and charities they help makes for different situations. My stockpile is a safety net for the appropriate timeline i need.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm seeing that 'stockpile' as a term is relative...

For me, it's having more than probably two of something... because that's what fits with us, our budget, our life.
    TaraF, Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't wear a lot of makeup but you think I would judging by the pile I have on top of the dresser. I cleaned out some of it today. How many brown eyeshadows do I need lol. So yes I probably own too much makeup. Today I streamlined what I use everyday and threw out old stuff. It feels good to get rid of excess stuff.

When I receive gwp's, I have donated these items to women's shelters.
    Natalka, Lynn49, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

There are only 2 of us here and although I do stockpile it is nothing compared to some of the stockpile pictures posted here. I do realize that some people have lots of kids and do donate items but we are not totally debt free so even though I do stock up it is just enough that I don't have to go shopping every week.
    I do have to admit to having lots of canned beans as they are good for chili in the winter.
    If I can't trade FPC's I wont use I donate them along with samples I will not use instead of wasting them and adding clutter to my semi organized life. (LOL)
    Last edited by macw1960; Sat, Dec 7th, 2013 at 07:23 AM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have too many v-neck white t-shirts. at least they never go out of style.
    danger_dan likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information