User Tag List

Page 98 of 103 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1531
Like Tree8252Likes

Thread: Ring in the Savings - January 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Finishing up prep to move work/clean so we will be ready to sell! All we will have to do is wash the floors really well in addition to regular cleaning maintenance before the sign goes up, probably one afternoon with DH and I working together. Not sure when, but we are now ready!!!

I plan to do a SDM shop too.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I didn't do a shoppers 20 times -only spent 14.00 watching what I need and living within our needs
    -but went to library yeah got 2 books to read
    -just got 21.00 coming to my address from checkout51-yeah
    and doing laundry-helping hubby sand a bit
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Feb 1st, 2014 at 05:17 PM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

This is a pj day. It`s been snowing steadily all day so I didn`t want to go out anywhere. Watched a movie with hubby while I crocheted.
    Also finally rotated stock in the pantry...brought the old stuff into the kitchen cupboards and put away all the new stuff. Found things I didn`t know I had. I need to do this more often.
    Hubby is making soup with the leftover roast beef.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-son/wife dropped in with ashlyn-they were on their way home after swimming an M&M
    -and of course we are 12 minutes from M&M and she needed a bottle and they had no more liners on them well-I bought a bottle just for her 2.99 on clearance a few months back she woudnt take it when she was newborn,so lo and behold it worked

-I got to feed her and talk to her nice visit(oh and I decided to give her the tights I got her 2.25 at the bay 12-months-an a top 3-6 months 6.00 from the bay-and a babycloth book from winners 2.00=10.25 for a small valentines day gift-early cause she can wear the top now

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Got a freebie. SDM forgot to ring in milk. Didn't realize until I checked receipt, which was after car was loaded with groceries and with both girls strapped in car seats. In the pouring rain, I wasn't going to unload and reload to go back and be honest, like I normally would. Feel a little guilty, but it was their error, not mine.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Happy February....
    Lots of snow here today...but manage to make it to Shoppers and No Frills...still need to go to Walmart but didn't want to stay out there too long. So I go tomorrow if the streets are good, if not then on Monday.
    Wishing everyone a frugal February...can you believe this thread is 1 year already?
    Name:  GoodbyeJanuaryHelloFebruary.png
Views: 211
Size:  20.3 KB

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Was away all week for work. Despite completely and utterly blowing my grocery budget in January, because of my per diems for work, I managed to come out of January pretty much on par. As an added bonus, I racked up a tonne of overtime. So after the government takes 1/2 of it in taxes, I'll still have a few hundred to put aside into the emergency savings, which is starting to grow.

I also managed to not blow the grocery budget out of the water this week. First time in 2014!

I also managed to score a few books of p stamps today. I think I might trade a few to get me back into couponing a little more. Went to SDM today and bought milk and quicktax on sale. I also used a personal offer, but I doubt I'll get those points. Still 20x on something I would have bought anyways. Woo hoo. I got approval to purchase some resources for work. Gonna buy them through my swagbucks link from amazon and get a whole bunch of swagbucks to boot!

Overall, I'm in a great money saving money. Unfortunately, the second wave of the stomach flu has hit our house.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Sweep Sparrow- I notice in the CT flyer that drying racks are on sale. I plan on seeing if the one I bought is on again. I will get the UPC and name of it for you. I hope it is on because I am going to treat myself to another one lol Using my CT $ on the card of course. I'm easy to please
    Is it this one? If it is, you're in luck. It's on sale!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/fo...l#.Uu31W_YjTwM

We got one as a gift from Walmart that looks like this one: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/fo...l#.Uu31hfYjTwM

So far, it doesn't hold much, but it's made of metal and fairly sturdy.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Was away all week for work. Despite completely and utterly blowing my grocery budget in January, because of my per diems for work, I managed to come out of January pretty much on par. As an added bonus, I racked up a tonne of overtime. So after the government takes 1/2 of it in taxes, I'll still have a few hundred to put aside into the emergency savings, which is starting to grow.

I also managed to not blow the grocery budget out of the water this week. First time in 2014!

I also managed to score a few books of p stamps today. I think I might trade a few to get me back into couponing a little more. Went to SDM today and bought milk and quicktax on sale. I also used a personal offer, but I doubt I'll get those points. Still 20x on something I would have bought anyways. Woo hoo. I got approval to purchase some resources for work. Gonna buy them through my swagbucks link from amazon and get a whole bunch of swagbucks to boot!

Overall, I'm in a great money saving money. Unfortunately, the second wave of the stomach flu has hit our house.

It's it just like the government to want more of your money! DH's paycheck was smaller this week as I noticed they are taking off more tax now.

I did the SDM 20x the points yesterday and also only bought items I needed with the exception of potato chips for DH because he wanted them. I had a eye rolling cashier though once I brought out the coupons....gee you would have thought I was taking her money away from her. Thanks to SassyAshley my Pepsi coupons were used there. Couponing again hopefully will put you back on track with your budget.

Got to love SB's...nice way to be able to get them free from work.

Hope the second round of the stomach flu passes through quickly.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Hoping there is nothing wrong with J&C as I noticed she hasn't been on to post or update our thread.
    I plan on making up some hamburger patties for supper tonight and to freeze, need to grate some cheese and run the dishwasher. Those are my exciting plans for the day. Hope everybody has a great one.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think we have all had this happen. Happened to me once went shopping at RCSS and was using a bunch of FPC, when we were done checking out I quickly looked at my receipt to make sure all coupons were entered (I always get nervous when I go over the $10 and CSM needs to be called because they put everything through and leave the coupons to the side and always worried one will get missed) and they were. It was not until the next day when I sat down to remove my coupons from my spreadsheet and figure out my saving that I realized the cashier had made a big opps, they entered all my FPC but I guess when she went back to check the prices for them she voided them from transaction. So not only was the money for the FPC coupon removed I never paid for the product in the first place. I did not realize this until I was home the next day and I was not driving back 45 minutes to have it corrected.

The way I see it, it kind of evens out for the number of times I have been miss charged and not noticed or a coupon was not entered correctly (I think we have all had it $1.00 coupon entered as $0.10). I feel bad a mistake was made but as you said it was their mistake not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Got a freebie. SDM forgot to ring in milk. Didn't realize until I checked receipt, which was after car was loaded with groceries and with both girls strapped in car seats. In the pouring rain, I wasn't going to unload and reload to go back and be honest, like I normally would. Feel a little guilty, but it was their error, not mine.
    Hope your family feels better and gets over the flu. This year has been wicked a lot of people at work who never take time off have been off not to mention it seems like everyone was sick one of the 2 weeks we were on shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post

2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday ended up being very productive for me. I ended up really upset which sent me into cleaning mode (good and bad all in one). I got all of our laundry done expect the pink/red/purple load because I ran out of room on our rack. I will go down and see if our clothes are dry if they are I will toss this load in.

I also cleaned the bathroom and completely scrubbed it down washed down the baseboards and the one wall I had not done yet (great frugal tip, I like my showers hot which completely steams up the bathroom, so after my shower I wipe down different sections of the bathroom, one day will be the window and molding, another one will be baseboards, another day will be the cupboard on the wall, since the bathroom is all steamed up no cleaner needed and than when I go to clean the bathroom can just do a quick wipe with lysol spray, unless I am upset than a sponge and heavy duty cleaner is used). I just need scrub the floor today with cleaner, I use a vinegar mix as it seems the previous owners of the house had issues hitting the toilet and at times our bathroom can smell like pee, it is in the wood floor, we cannot pay to replace the floor yet but this vinegar mixture makes the smell go away for months and actually really does not come back now.

Also started working on the living room, the coffee table is almost completely cleaned out (ours had a lid that lifts with storage inside, which is supposed to be for my coupons but we ended up dumping a bunch of stuff in their to be sorted, this has almost all been sorted) as well emptied some boxes off the floor and slowly but surely I am start to regain some of the floor that has been lost to storage use.

Not sure how productive today will be, they came to plow out parking lot at 4 am this morning and decided to use a snow blower on all the walk ways which woke me up. I am not happy.

Time to go over my bills for last month and see how we came out as well gotta find something for dinner. Think I want something warm and comforting tonight.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Those 2.5% accounts is that rate forever as long as you keep the $ there or is it for a fixed time period?
    It's a promotion rate til March or April. They do it because of income tax time.
    They will have it again, I think.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Is it this one? If it is, you're in luck. It's on sale!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/fo...l#.Uu31W_YjTwM

We got one as a gift from Walmart that looks like this one: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/fo...l#.Uu31hfYjTwM

So far, it doesn't hold much, but it's made of metal and fairly sturdy.
    Yes! that is the one from CT. I went yesterday too and noticed they were on sale but they didn't have any left!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All! Son's team won the hockey game last night and night before so they put that team out now and go forward!!! Having toasted western's for breakfast (pulled ham from freezer ) and tonight we are having steak for dinner (pulled from freezer and bought in August! Didn't think it was that long ago. Was a super deal. Will post the price later)

Page 98 of 103 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast

Thread Information