• 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By asymom
  • 1 Post By Zonny

Thread: Rainbow Loom deals?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Greetings all:

Now that Christmas is over, DS has seen a few folks with Rainbow Loom bracelets and wants to make some himself. Has anybody seen any deals on them? I know Michael's has them but their coupons aren't good on these. Chapters has them too, they're $18.95, but I'm hoping for a better deal. Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore
    couponteen101 likes this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

My sister received 4 of the 'real' rainbow looms from chapters from various people, but she also got a knock off one as well that is cheaper but basically the same. She however finds it easiest to do on two of her fingers unless she is making an intense design. I know the knock off rainbow looms can be found at As Seen on Tv, Dollarama... but I am not sure what they cost as I got sucked in by Chapters.

I do say getting him a pack of bands and googling how to do it on his fingers, or two pencils is the way to go at first. Then if he wants to try harder designs you can buy the kit!

Hope that helps!
    Zonny likes this.
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Thanks Couponteen. I have friends who had the knockoff ones, apparently the elastics with that one break fairly easily. I was hoping to find them on clearance now since Christmas is over! We were at a New Years Eve party where about half the Dads were wearing Rainbow Loom creations.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

the coupons always exclude the looms but it is is less than $20 to buy. My younger son has had his loom since October and loves it. We have found the cheaper plastics to be just as good and have not had more breakage with them. We also know lots of kids that are just doing it with two pencils and they look just as good. He can check out you tube for videos.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mastermind will apply a $5 gift card to purchase of 18.95 and a free organizer case when you spend $12 in accessories

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/Rainbo...plete-Kit.aspx

Apparently there are a lot of counterfeits out there...

http://www.rainbowloom.com/sites/def..._spot_them.pdf
    krysta lynne likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is $18.95 at Chapters, but for the plum members sometimes they have promotions going on, where they may boost your points levels to entice you to make a purchase. I had a $5 level bump-up, so I was able to get the kit for $13.95. I had bought some birthday gifts over the past year, which allowed me to earn about 2/3 of the points, then with the promo, my plum rewards got boosted, so I could redeem $5 off any purchase.
    Zonny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've now seen them advertised for 16.99 at Michaels.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I picked one up at Chapters after Christmas. DS is delighted; he got angry with it at first until he got the hang of it, but now that he knows what he's doing (and knows that he will lose the loom if he flies into a rage over elastics breaking!), he's doing great with it.
    Natalka likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

my daughter has three. one from mastermind and two from the dollar store. and she was telling me yesterday that the knockoff ones just are not the same and she cant do intricate designs on them. something about the shape of the nubs and the bottom part being able to come off? i dunno.

these things are wildly popular here and the more complicated the design the better. i guess it depends on your child. if you think that he'll get right into it maybe its better to buy the more expensive one? if you think it'll be a passing fad thing maybe a dollar store one will do.

(i totally accept her analysis of the two by the way. lol she has been looking these crazy designs and making so many different ones, she totally understands what works and what doesnt with these)
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Thread Information