User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sweet sparrow
  • 1 Post By Zonny

Thread: RCSS rain cheque

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I'm wondering g if rcss does rai. Cheques..

This is the third time in a row where me or my friend went to 4 different locations finding that the tooth brush r all GONE and they do no refill the hook

So maybe I'll get a rain cheque this time if they do
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yes, they do. It's valid for 30 days, and the item must be listed in their current flyer.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Sun, Jan 12th, 2014 at 01:54 AM.
    babypiggy likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Yes, they do. It's valid for 30 days, and the item must be listed in their current flyer.
    Oh yay!!!

I did a quick search in the web and read that they do not anymore.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

My RCSS in BC does not give rain checks...unfortunately.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

I have never had luck getting a raincheck at our local RCSS.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Isn't there some rule out there that dictates you must provide raincheques if you don't have enough stock? Otherwise, what's to prevent a store from advertising some absurd price for an item, and only have four of them in stock, in the hopes that you'll go buy other stuff since you're there anyhow? Retailers of bigger stuff, it doesn't seem to apply to them (I'm thinking major furniture, etc.), but for groceries I thought there was.

Often wondered how No Frills gets away with it, they have a line on their flyer that says, "While quantities last" that seems to give them a free pass to not have the sale items in their flyer. Not always of course, but that's something that happens regularly to me, I make the trip on the bus to No Frills on the first day of the sale and they're out of half the stuff I came for.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have never had luck getting a raincheck in BC.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

In Ontario Rain Checks are offered with no problem. You would think a store like RCSS would have the same rules company wide.

Now I do know that Ontario is having an issue with people trying to get rain checks for other stores sales, since they price match I have over heard staff discussing how some customers assume if they are out of stock of an item another store has on sale customers feel since they price match they should offer a rain check on other store's sale items. But I guess this falls into the same category as people who try to price match clearance items to get the item at a lower price plus 50% off but that is another topic.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our No Frills used to be the worst for this, I cannot comment on now as in all honesty I have kind of given up on our No Frills. It seems like the rule is if they have it on sale they probably do not have it. I do know on some items they are getting better but I find if it is a meat product on sale they likely will not have it.

I guess we will find out how Dollar Days is going as my Mom is going in to do our shopping today so we will see if she can get anything on our list, it is not unheard of for us to walk in with a list of 10 to 15 and walk out with nothing.

But I am not fully sure how it works with Rain Checks and maybe it if different from Province to Province because in Ontario No Frills & Frescho did not offer Rain Checks and only recently had Food Bascis started to offered Rain Checks but in my opinion they might as well not offer them due to the restrictions they put on them I have not heard many good things on trying to redeem one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Isn't there some rule out there that dictates you must provide raincheques if you don't have enough stock? Otherwise, what's to prevent a store from advertising some absurd price for an item, and only have four of them in stock, in the hopes that you'll go buy other stuff since you're there anyhow? Retailers of bigger stuff, it doesn't seem to apply to them (I'm thinking major furniture, etc.), but for groceries I thought there was.

Often wondered how No Frills gets away with it, they have a line on their flyer that says, "While quantities last" that seems to give them a free pass to not have the sale items in their flyer. Not always of course, but that's something that happens regularly to me, I make the trip on the bus to No Frills on the first day of the sale and they're out of half the stuff I came for.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

My local will provide a rain cheque but ONLY if it is listed in the current flyer. I even asked the store manager herself, haha. It was when the Glade Wax Melters were on sale for $5.97

Thread Information