• 1 Post By GracieAnne
  • 2 Post By elusive
  • 2 Post By Purdee
  • 2 Post By GoJays
  • 1 Post By dariusz8

Thread: Printing Smartsource Coupons? Grr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have tried repeatedly to print Smartsource coupons - I have a Mac! REALLY, can't this be fixed once and for ALL!
    This is very frustrating - I have downloaded Firefox - I have been online with Geek Squad - nothing seems to work!
    Do I have to go out and buy a PC to be able to print?

Any one else with these issues & what have you done to make it work? Has anyone complained to Smartsource about this?
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Best Buy, MAC Cosmetics, Smart Source
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have the same problem. Several months ago it started working when I downloaded java for Oracle. It suddenly stopped one day.

It refuses to work on my mac but it works on DH's mac. We've given up trying to figure out why. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but take it from experience -- your sanity is worth more than the few dollars you'd save
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't have a Mac - but if you are using FF then this works for me (I use Chrome, but it should be similar enough)

Open the Java website in a tab - verify Java version - leave this tab open once it verifies you are up to date
    Open a new tab for the smartsource coupon - try printing

For some reason if I don't have that Java tab opened and verified, SmartSource says I don't have Java installed. Once it's open though, no issues. Although sometimes I do have to refresh the process.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I went to print smartsource coupons the other day and literally screamed, "They still haven't fixed Java!?!"

I don't know if that's what you're talking about but yes, it's damn frustrating. I wish they would finally make a version that would correctly overwrite previous versions without error.
    scbpooh likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i always have to switch to IE to use smartsource. yeah, it works on the worst browser for me. but then again i don't wanna install java on my other browsers.
    lecale and Samantha MacGregor like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i could never print. Java sucks.
    GoJays and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I use IE or Chrome - FF or palemoon I can't print. At work we only use IE and it works all the time.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I know macs have given frustration to many on here, hopefully someone can give you a fix.

Don't have problems with pc using FF.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I won't have that devil, java, on my computer so I guess I have to miss out on any good coupons that might pop up. A while ago, I vowed to never look at Smart Source coupons ever again. What I don't know won't make me sad.
    scbpooh and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Following these steps may help some with the java install as it is a very sensitive program I have found... even if you have a previous version and are just trying to update. When you go to the Java download site use the option to save the program to desktop instead of "run". Restart pc, do not open any internet explorer. Go to download, right click with mouse run as administer. Let it install. Once complete it will open java site to verify. Once verified, you now can go to smartsource.ca.... where at some point it will ask to run java... click "always run"(or something like that). It will now print your coupon. Hopefully this solves some of the trouble you are having. THis is how to get it on windows, not sure if following steps will help with mac but worth a try.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Was pulling out my hair trying to print out the Van Houtte coupon this morning. Gonna try again tomorrow.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finally! I have a Mac too and was quite frustrated not being able to print any coupons. This is what worked for me http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559?viewlocale=en_US

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Finally figure out how to print using Firefox, damn Java. Have to go to Tools, the select Plugin and then activate Java. Now I am gonna try and figure out how to print using IE. If anyone knows how please let me know I don't mind taking the short cut.
    Last edited by Decaf; Sun, Feb 16th, 2014 at 10:16 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:20 AM.

Thread Information