User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: NEW STICKY WANTED - Do you agree?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I agree that they should be separated somehow.
    couponandoff likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I hereby formally request prefixes or sub_forums. Way to much to wade through the way it is now, especially if I.am on my smartphone.
    couponandoff likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

U
    Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    Could add more than two prefixes that might make it easier.

Grocery / Health and Beauty / Household / Baby / Clothing / MIR / GC Offer

These headings are ideal. Especially when you know you saw a great deal on x but where did you see it again????

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Thu, Feb 20th, 2014 at 08:17 PM.
    couponandoff likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I hereby formally request prefixes or sub_forums. Way to much to wade through the way it is now, especially if I.am on my smartphone.
    It would be nice to be able to see and utilize headings//prefixes from my phone atm it does not work that way

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    couponandoff likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    It would be nice to be able to see and utilize headings//prefixes from my phone atm it does not work that way Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    Even with tapatalk I can't navigate SC properly to catch up on SC. I rarely bother with the frustration. It's too bad, because I have a heck of alot more free time on my phone throughout the day to spend online, than I do at my desktop. I have opportunity to log on to SC 20x a day on my phone - and I would if I could quickly sort through the deals to see if there was a hot commodity to grab quick at the grocer! I can go a week without time to check SC on my desktop. But that phone is always available between events throughout the day! PREFIXES rock. The more user friendly the site, the more often i will log in, see, note and possible interact with the banner advertisements that fund this site (the automated context-sensitive ads or affiliate networks with their assorted CPM, CPA and PPC revenue schemes)
    Anna Michele and web3 like this.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

As far as the & flyers removing it changes the URL which is linked all over the web (the forum automatically makes the URL the forum title), it was changed for a few hours and we got lots of complaints of links not working so it was changed back

couponlady already mentioned it but we have both requested prefixes for the forum, however I am personally skeptical they will help, they are not used correctly in other forums (I change so many other in trading that are clearly trades) and some users can't even find the box to add them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    As far as the & flyers removing it changes the URL which is linked all over the web (the forum automatically makes the URL the forum title), it was changed for a few hours and we got lots of complaints of links not working so it was changed back

couponlady already mentioned it but we have both requested prefixes for the forum, however I am personally skeptical they will help, they are not used correctly in other forums (I change so many other in trading that are clearly trades) and some users can't even find the box to add them
    Users don't use the prefixes correctly. Fine. Scrap the prefixes. Scrap all of them.

Please do not dismiss my request to separate cheese deals from bra sales. It is a reasonable request that has been supported by many other members. There were many solutions posted to re-organize this forum. Please fwd this request to the site administer.

Thank you to everyone who supported the suggestion, offered solutions and had positive input.
    Last edited by couponandoff; Mon, Mar 3rd, 2014 at 11:57 AM.

? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Never stop learning... Big Pink's Avatar
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    As far as the & flyers removing it changes the URL which is linked all over the web (the forum automatically makes the URL the forum title), it was changed for a few hours and we got lots of complaints of links not working so it was changed back.
    It would not be necessary to change the existing URL for the deals page. Merely create a new one for the "non-grocery" deals (whatever that may be). The URL titles should be as descriptive as possible anyway for search engine optimization. I would never change a URL that is listed in a search engine for the reason that you ran into in the past.

To be honest I never really noticed the "title" of the "Canadian Shopping Deals & Flyers" forum until just now. Too busy looking at the posts.

I know the store sales get a lot of views and is important (thank you couponlady!) but my priority, and the impression I get of an even larger percentage of others, is the "grocery" deals, which is why I love this site. I'm sure if I wanted to know if a store was having a sale on shoes at any given time, I'd love to have a separate sub-forum to look quickly for that deal. I don't shop for that every day. Possibly not even every month. Generally speaking it is a want and not a need.
    An example of the balance of retail store sales versus grocery, there was a post for an H&M sale posted Friday the 21st. It got 286 views. This is about average, if memory serves me correctly. The same day there was a thread started for Febreze at Metro. I chose this as it doesn't say "FREE" in the title. It got 809 views. "Free Crest" at Walmart posted two days later got almost 4000 views. Obviously some views are not unique due to conversation, but the difference is notable.

There are only 4 sub-forums in the deals section. I don't think an additional one would be too complicated for members who are looking for it. Like the warehouse sale sub-forum I just noticed, too. Never clicked on that... because I don't go to them.
    “Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway.” – Mother Teresa

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Thanks for the support Big Pink. It's been difficult rallying support for this because my original post was removed from the very forum it applies to. It should have been left in the "Canadian Shopping Deals & Flyers" forum where THE PEOPLE WHO USE THAT FORUM could chime in and post their opinion. This topic has fallen on deaf ears. I have not received any indication from Fallen Pixels that my request has been forwarded to anyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information