User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: NEW STICKY WANTED - Do you agree?

  1. #16
    Smart Canuck web3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Strathroy, Ontario
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,615
    Likes Received
    2670
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)




    I agree with the discussion here regarding not splitting up the thread into 2 sections. It is the "Deals" thread so having them all combined makes sense, covering grocery and clothing. But the prefix option would be easy to, at a glance, know that "green" (for example) are grocery and "purple" (for example) are clothing or other deals.
    Plus I know I wouldn't check a clothing only deal thread as often as I check for grocery deals on here.
    If they are still combined and I see American Eagle is having a 40% off weekend sale, like they sometimes do, I would definitely make a special trip! when I otherwise would have missed that sale
    or my second shopping weakness, Bath and Body Works sales!

  2. #17
    Smart Canuck web3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Strathroy, Ontario
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,615
    Likes Received
    2670
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    If it was separated I would probably check it out more. TBH I rarely go to the deals section anymore since the flyers got their own forum because I find it is very repetitive from what is posted in the stickies in the flyer section (hot deals to use with coupons) and too crowded with other deals (online, store specific, etc).
    I agree, there is a lot of repitition with the flyer weekly deals but sometimes other deals are posted by members that they happen to see while out shopping. Like $.5 Rimmel makeup!!!! lol crazy deal there

  3. #18
    damp is a gross word.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    2,523
    Likes Received
    1244
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)



    THIS is exactly what I was trying to initiate - a discussion.
    ~ Thank you for your opinions!
    ~ keep them coming!


    sidebar...The rationale for having the repetitive tabs and dropdowns above is still a mystery to me LoL!
    DEALS here... no HERE. GO THERE!
    COUPONS here... no, HERE. GO THERE!
    FLYERS here... no, HERE. GO THERE!

    Last November I posted a suggestion (HERE) for the words & FLYERS to be removed from the forum heading: CANADIAN SHOPPING DEALS & FLYERSbecause the flyers are no longer provided in that forum. I posted this question in the forum SITE RELATED POSTS. I don't imagine many members saw my post. A mod might see the posts there, and will perhaps reply - but the majority of members do not visit the SITE RELATED POSTS forum often enough to lend support to other members who have suggestions for the site.

    1. Could someone please remove the word 'Flyers' from the forum heading: "Canadian Shopping Deals & Flyers"
    2. Could someone please add PREFIXES for posting either a grocery purchase(DEAL!) or store promotion (SALE!)


    awesome

    FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

  4. #19
    Smart Canuck pumpkin9211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,800
    Likes Received
    9188
    Trading Score
    539 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    If it was separated I would probably check it out more. TBH I rarely go to the deals section anymore since the flyers got their own forum because I find it is very repetitive from what is posted in the stickies in the flyer section (hot deals to use with coupons) and too crowded with other deals (online, store specific, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    I agree with the discussion here regarding not splitting up the thread into 2 sections. It is the "Deals" thread so having them all combined makes sense, covering grocery and clothing. But the prefix option would be easy to, at a glance, know that "green" (for example) are grocery and "purple" (for example) are clothing or other deals.
    Plus I know I wouldn't check a clothing only deal thread as often as I check for grocery deals on here.
    If they are still combined and I see American Eagle is having a 40% off weekend sale, like they sometimes do, I would definitely make a special trip! when I otherwise would have missed that sale
    or my second shopping weakness, Bath and Body Works sales!
    Quote Originally Posted by couponandoff View Post
    THIS is exactly what I was trying to initiate - a discussion.
    ~ Thank you for your opinions!
    ~ keep them coming!


    sidebar...The rationale for having the repetitive tabs and dropdowns above is still a mystery to me LoL!
    DEALS here... no HERE. GO THERE!
    COUPONS here... no, HERE. GO THERE!
    FLYERS here... no, HERE. GO THERE!

    Last November I posted a suggestion (HERE) for the words & FLYERS to be removed from the forum heading: CANADIAN SHOPPING DEALS & FLYERSbecause the flyers are no longer provided in that forum. I posted this question in the forum SITE RELATED POSTS. I don't imagine many members saw my post. A mod might see the posts there, and will perhaps reply - but the majority of members do not visit the SITE RELATED POSTS forum often enough to lend support to other members who have suggestions for the site.

    1. Could someone please remove the word 'Flyers' from the forum heading: "Canadian Shopping Deals & Flyers"
    2. Could someone please add PREFIXES for posting either a grocery purchase(DEAL!) or store promotion (SALE!)


    awesome
    Awesome suggestions. I hope "the powers that be" listen Good luck!
    couponandoff likes this.

  5. #20
    Smart Canuck angel_2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    2,661
    Likes Received
    3911
    Trading Score
    234 (100%)




    putting my 2cents in to say that I love the ideas as well - especially the prefixes.
    couponandoff likes this.

  6. #21
    lighthousejen
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Port Alberni
    Posts
    547
    Likes Received
    190
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)



    Yes!! I AGREE
    couponandoff likes this.

  7. #22
    Mastermind Natalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    117,085
    Likes Received
    144161
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    Personally I think that online deals and discounts should be separate from grocery deals, whether it be in sub forums or what not

    I also think that EAST and WEST grocery flyers and deals should be subdivided as well, no one posts the West flyers anymore and it really ticks me off when someone posts a great deal and it is ONLY for the east!!

    We do not have the same deals coast to coast and it drives me bonkers, thus the major reason why I don't visit these sections because it is mostly east deals only

    Canadian Shopping Deals & Flyers &
    Flyers Canada
    +1 Totally agree with above!

  8. #23
    Smart Canuck ericaraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,621
    Likes Received
    1529
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)



    The words grocery and clothing are too specific. Gonna throw out some ideas:

    with coupon
    without coupon or non-coupon


    Coupon
    Promo

    Coupon
    Sale

    Coupon Deal
    Store Special


    #help


    Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    I agree with the discussion here regarding not splitting up the thread into 2 sections. It is the "Deals" thread so having them all combined makes sense, covering grocery and clothing. But the prefix option would be easy to, at a glance, know that "green" (for example) are grocery and "purple" (for example) are clothing or other deals.
    Plus I know I wouldn't check a clothing only deal thread as often as I check for grocery deals on here.
    If they are still combined and I see American Eagle is having a 40% off weekend sale, like they sometimes do, I would definitely make a special trip! when I otherwise would have missed that sale
    or my second shopping weakness, Bath and Body Works sales!
    couponandoff likes this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

  9. #24
    Smart Canuck Venuila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    4,706
    Likes Received
    6142
    Trading Score
    369 (100%)




    Could add more than two prefixes that might make it easier.

    Grocery / Health and Beauty / Household / Baby / Clothing / MIR / GC Offer


    Sign up @ Swagbucks & earn free rewards, including Amazon.ca codes!


  10. #25
    Doing it right... HeatherWake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Barrie Ontario
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,943
    Likes Received
    3737
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)




    Agreed!!!!!
    couponandoff likes this.

  11. #26
    Canadian Genius cheekysaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spinning tunes and being happy!
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,023
    Likes Received
    7623
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)




    I like the format. I hope it is possible.
    operabob and couponandoff like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

  12. #27
    I love to Trade elayjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Thornhill (GTA) Ontario
    Posts
    9,509
    Likes Received
    1987
    Trading Score
    565 (100%)




    I also agree not many people check this forum.
    I was a member for three years before I even realized it was here.
    couponandoff and pumpkin9211 like this.


    Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00


  13. #28
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    866
    Likes Received
    1824
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)




    I like this idea.

    No more wading through posts to find ones that are of interest. It would be so much nicer to have them separate.
    couponandoff likes this.

  14. #29
    Axiomatic Canuck Tbites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lost Lake, QC
    Posts
    2,181
    Likes Received
    2447
    Trading Score
    193 (100%)




    I second the motion
    couponandoff likes this.

    Friends don't let friends trade at max value

    MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

  15. #30
    damp is a gross word.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    2,523
    Likes Received
    1244
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I second the motion
    - made me laugh. I've spent years proposing, moving, seconding, carrying or losing motions on charitable exec. committees. I feel all I need is an all in favour (50%+1) to get this proposal of mine legislated LoL.

    While this is an open discussion, the final decision is not ours to make. It is my intent to gather support and hope that a mod will agree that the original response to my suggestion - "Others did not reply requesting the change so it was not passed on to Boo, there are discussions in the flyers section about deals on food etc I think that is enough for most people" - no longer holds true.

    Perhaps it's time to encourage naysayers to the conversation - speak up! A well rounded discussion need a devil's advocate - LoL

    FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •