User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Missing Malaysia Airlines

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

lecale and dededi like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

(sorry, posted wrong thread)
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Nov 12th, 2014 at 01:28 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Families mark MH370 anniversary, vow to never give up search

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia – Vowing never to give up on the desperate search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, family members of those aboard the plane wore symbolic T-shirts and released white balloons Sunday as they marked the anniversary of the jet’s disappearance.

Gatherings were held in Kuala Lumpur, where the flight departed on March 8, 2014, and Beijing, where it was headed when it vanished with 239 people aboard. Despite an intensive yearlong search, no trace of the Boeing 777 has been found.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1870430/fa...ive-up-search/
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

MH370 report: Underwater locator beacon battery had expired year before plane disappeared

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The first comprehensive report into the mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 on Sunday revealed that the battery of an underwater locator beacon had expired more than a year before the plane vanished on March 8, 2014.
    Apart from that anomaly, the detailed report devoted pages after pages to describe the complete normality of the flight, shedding little light on aviation's biggest mystery.

"The sole objective of the investigation is the prevention of future accidents or incidents, and not for the purpose to apportion blame or liability," the report said.

The significance of the expired battery on the beacon of the Flight Data Recorder was not immediately apparent, except indicating that searchers would have had lesser chance of locating the aircraft in the Indian Ocean, where it is believed to have crashed, even if they were in its vicinity. However, the report said that the battery on the locator beacon of the cockpit voice recorder was working.

Even though the battery on the beacon had expired, the instrument itself was functioning properly and would have in theory captured all the flight information.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/families-m...033140907.html

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm amazed the black box recorders can even still have useable information on them after being lost at sea for so long!

Sounds like a lot of changes coming to the way planes are tracked, so that is a good thing hopefully...
    dededi likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Aircraft debris found off the coast of Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean appears to belong to the same type of plane as Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which vanished more than a year ago, a U.S. official told the Associated Press on Wednesday.
    Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai told reporters at the United Nations that he sent a team to identify the wreckage.
    Malaysia is heading up the investigation with the help of Boeing, the National Transportation Safety Board, French authorities and the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, Australian Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss said in a statement.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...lane/30834623/
    dededi likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's good news - they need to say quickly one way or the other.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Plane debris found on Reunion Island confirmed to be from MH370: Malaysian PM

“Today, 515 days since the plane disappeared, it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that an international team of experts have conclusively confirmed that the aircraft debris found on Reunion Island is indeed from MH370,” the prime minister said during a press conference.

“We now have physical evidence that, as I announced on 24th March last year, flight MH370 tragically ended in the southern Indian Ocean,” Razak said.

The piece of wreckage, identified as a “flaperon” from the edge of a 777 wing, was sent to France last week to confirm its origins.

Malaysia Airlines said in a statement Wednesday that relatives of passengers and the crew had been informed and “we extend our deepest sympathies to those affected.”

The statement said this “is indeed a major breakthrough for us in resolving the disappearance of MH370. We expect and hope that there would be more objects to be found which would be able to help resolve this mystery.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/2149303/pl...-malaysian-pm/
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Investigators Confirm Recovered Wing Part Belongs to MH370

A serial number found on the part corresponds with a number on the missing flight

(PARIS) — French investigators have formally identified a washed-up piece of airplane debris found in July on a remote island in the Indian Ocean as part of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a Boeing 777 that disappeared more than a year ago with 239 people aboard.

Investigators have been examining the wing part, called a flaperon, since it was flown to a French aeronautical research laboratory near Toulouse last month. Malaysian authorities had already declared that the wing fragment was from the missing jet, but until now French investigators couldn’t say with certainty that it was the case.

The Paris prosecutor’s office said in a statement Thursday that investigators used maintenance records to match a serial number found on the wing part with the missing Boeing.

“Today it is possible to state with certainty that the flaperon discovered on Reunion July 29, 2015 corresponds to that of Flight MH370,” the prosecutor’s statement said.

Australian forces are continuing their search for the plane in a desolate stretch of ocean 4,200 kilometers (2,600 miles) to the east of Reunion, where experts believe the plane from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing crashed.

http://time.com/4021612/malaysian-ai...370-wing-part/
    Darth Penguin and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wrecked plane found on Philippine Island..is it MH370?

Plane wreckage containing 'many skeletons' and painted with the Malaysian flag has reportedly been found in the Philippines, prompting speculation it could be missing Flight MH370.
    Police confirmed they had received reports of the discovery in thick jungle on the remote island of Sugbai in Tawi-Tawi province.
    An audio technician, Jamil Omar, contacted police in Malaysia to say his aunt, Siti Kayam, had stumbled upon the wreckage while she and others were hunting for birds.
    Police commissioner Jalaludin Abdul Rahman, based in neighbouring Borneo, said the woman claimed she climbed into the smashed fuselage and saw skeletons.

dededi likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

yeah..that just came up in my feed too.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forces of evil at play

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Forces of evil at play
    Daily Mail is it's own force of evil at times....

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Documentary on right now (FRONTLINE) about the PAN AM crash over lockerbie

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information