• 2 Post By orchidgirl
  • 1 Post By i_forget
  • 2 Post By Cata
  • 2 Post By anisa

Thread: Please Delete

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

*edit* So I feel bad about this post. I should really just be thankful for Canadian healthcare and not complain.
    So thank you for all your comments, and no more whining.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by nicolthepickle; Wed, Mar 26th, 2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Too whine-y
    ROMEO, Shwa Girl and Cata like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I think the doctor and nurse are trying to cover themselves in case of liability.

If anything happened, their license could be on the line with the College of Physicians and Surgeons or the College of Nurses.
    If something happened to you or your baby, you or your family members could report them for negligence of duty of care or “do no harm” criteria. If it is serious and you or your baby is harmed irrevocably, they could be up on criminal charges or lose their license.
    Just my 5 cents worth….
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

With Pregnancy I always look at safety - as annoying as the frequent appointments are you should go. After my third i was done with Dr. visits but if things were to go wrong at least I would find out sooner than later. If you have to delay don't delay it too long...

Congrats and Best Wishes.!
    ROMEO and Shwa Girl like this.
    LF: Colgate Toothpaste $1.50, Huggies & Pampers Coupons

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes you do

The purpose of it is so that they can catch any issues as soon as they can before there are problems with the baby.
    They check your urine for ketones, sugar and proteins....so they can check for gestational diabetes, urinary tract infections, preeclampsia and things like that. These things need to be caught as quickly as possible for your health and the health of the baby.

They also measure your belly so they can monitor the growth of the baby to make sure that there are no issues, and check for a heart beat.

I know it is a PITA having to go so often and wait, however I have known several people who have miscarried and did not know because there were no signs, until the doctor checked for the heart beat and nothing was heard.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have been there twice, and I also did not understand the need for the frequent frequent appointments. (I know I am gonna get flamed for this) But I did not show up to some of my appointments when it came to going in every week. I specially hated the receptionist at the ultrasound place, she always made me feel like I was committing a crime when she wanted to schedule my appointment before seeing my doctor just so the doctor could give me the results right there and then and I always refused because I did not have the extra time (had a 2 year old). My answer to her was " is ok, I don't need the results right there and then." Maybe I was being optimistic or foolish in thinking that everything was gonna be alright since they weren't high risk pregnancies, but I believed it was my choice and I was going to schedule my appointments when I wanted to not when they told me to. So you are not alone.
    nicolthepickle and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    I have been there twice, and I also did not understand the need for the frequent frequent appointments. (I know I am gonna get flamed for this) But I did not show up to some of my appointments when it came to going in every week. I specially hated the receptionist at the ultrasound place, she always made me feel like I was committing a crime when she wanted to schedule my appointment before seeing my doctor just so the doctor could give me the results right there and then and I always refused because I did not have the extra time (had a 2 year old). My answer to her was " is ok, I don't need the results right there and then." Maybe I was being optimistic or foolish in thinking that everything was gonna be alright since they weren't high risk pregnancies, but I believed it was my choice and I was going to schedule my appointments when I wanted to not when they told me to. So you are not alone.
    maybe she was going to be yelled at by her superiors, for not following their protocol, and was trying to avoid this

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Yes you do

The purpose of it is so that they can catch any issues as soon as they can before there are problems with the baby.
    They check your urine for ketones, sugar and proteins....so they can check for gestational diabetes, urinary tract infections, preeclampsia and things like that. These things need to be caught as quickly as possible for your health and the health of the baby.

They also measure your belly so they can monitor the growth of the baby to make sure that there are no issues, and check for a heart beat.

I know it is a PITA having to go so often and wait, however I have known several people who have miscarried and did not know because there were no signs, until the doctor checked for the heart beat and nothing was heard.
    That's just it. If I'm going to miscarry they're not going to be able to tell until it's too late. And even if they could tell, most of the time there's nothing they can do about it. My sugar is fine, no diabetes, no UTI.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The appointments are mostly about the health of the baby. sometimes a week's difference in the growth of the baby can alert the dr's to any health issues with the babies. apparently there are many things that can be done in-vitro to aid a baby that needs medical attention.

a week or two weeks feels like a short amount of time for us as the mothers, but for a child in-vitro a week can bring on significant changes in the health and development.

The inconvenience of an appointment every 2 weeks is nothing, wait til you get to be up every hour of the night after they are born. the things we do as mothers
    aussie and nicolthepickle like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    maybe she was going to be yelled at by her superiors, for not following their protocol, and was trying to avoid this

I don't think that was it, since I could just as easily schedule my ultrasound at any other office other than the theirs.

Thread Information