User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: for parents OF ADHD/ODD KIDS

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did do the CTC one .. I got a little over 7G in back pay and now an extra 200 almost a month on my CTC for him!! I have also heard there is one you can get for them that comes in at the end of the month! Do you know anything of that one? I have forms here somewhere for it. I think it is to help with other expenses like activities for them, personal care if they require it, etc...

We are currently in the process of having our 7 year old diagnosed with ADHD as well!! Thankfully not the ODD but DEFINITLY ADHD .. and then I will file for him as well!!

I am also going to edit my siggy to include the link!!

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Talk about making me think I'm loosing it. I've been looking all around and finally found the thread's new home. Latest on my adult daughter with ADHD/ODD. Just got married her husband is imigrating from U.S. therefore cannot work here legally yet. She works at Wal-Mart only makes a little over 10 bucks an hour. Anyways, told her to wait to get pets because they can be expensive, stupid me should have known the ODD would kick in. Anyways what does she do? she goes and gets not one but two cats, then calls after beeing to the vet, whining how expensive it was and how money is tight. I feel like a S**T but told her oh well told you they were expensive. Tough love baby, she really needs to learn. It's hard at times though cause sometimes I really don't think she gets it. Unfortunately a lot of these kids don't function on the same maturity level as their peers. So how is everybody else's day going?
    Who knew there was so many shades of white? I think color theory has me going crazy!

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Hi, my darling just got a job, Yahoo! She'll be working @ the Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver. She got her first aid and food safety last year so that's a plus . I'm happy for her.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Glad your daughter got a job. I think I'll be a little less stressed once my daughter's husband is able to work in Canada.
    Who knew there was so many shades of white? I think color theory has me going crazy!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shandoe View Post
    I did do the CTC one .. I got a little over 7G in back pay and now an extra 200 almost a month on my CTC for him!! I have also heard there is one you can get for them that comes in at the end of the month! Do you know anything of that one? I have forms here somewhere for it. I think it is to help with other expenses like activities for them, personal care if they require it, etc...

We are currently in the process of having our 7 year old diagnosed with ADHD as well!! Thankfully not the ODD but DEFINITLY ADHD .. and then I will file for him as well!!

I am also going to edit my siggy to include the link!!
    i don't know of any others than the CTC one. which comes on the 20th, so maybe that's what you've been hearing about. if you can find the forms let us know, and we'll check on it together. glad your getting the disability credit!

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

sorry about not msging you guys. i got boo to move the thread. i thought it would make more sense to put it in a parenting forum than in a tearoom. i mean, the last thing i wanna do when i go to a tearoom is hear all about these kids LOL!

you did right telling your daughter tuff. she's old enuf to accept responsibity.

i had a better day today with mine. someone suggested he was bored. well, after an hour and a half of FOOKING AROUND we managed to get out and go down to the beach/park. he drove his bike, across a busy rode on a red light! i was WILD, 2nd time he done it.

but to his credit... he did not have traffic lights on his side, just a walk/don't walk. so the cars stopped for him (dumb cars) and he thought he could go.

so i made him go back get off the bike, PUSH THE BUTTON, wait for traffic, walk the bike across..TWICE.

and warned him, if he does it again, now that he knows without a doubt what to do (and not to pay attention to cars that let him, go..wave them on i told him)..he goes immediately back home.

no kid is getting killed on my watch.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I wish I had known about the credit your talking about would have come in handy oh well. Your 2 and many others can use the tax break!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Jenn. go back to the start of the thread, there's a sticky posted. you can still get it! it goes back to the date they were diagnosed! i went back 3 years and got 11 thousand. check out the sticky..it gives you all the info you need.

anyone that's not getting the Disability child tax credit, please go back to the start of the forum and click on the attachement. i put all the info you need there. the links to the canada revenue tax site everything. you can go back YEARS. it's all there. please please please check it out!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

OMG, I could go back to like grade 1 you mean? I'll check this tomorrow holy @#$# the government doesn't let people know this stuff! Thanks

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

NO they don't. AND if you call them up you might even be scoffed at that ADD/ADHD isn't a disability. That happened to my friend. When I got my $ back, she got on the horn and demanded the paper. She got mental health to fill hers out for 3 kids. She rec'd 7 thousand just for back child tax credit, as she has no income to claim! not bad.

there is also the NOVA scotia pharmacare program, that i din't know about until i got this tiny piece of paper in my mail box, letting ppl know the last day to apply. I applied. But concerta is not covered. fyi.

JENN: you can go back as far as the doctor will say he was affected with the disability. might even be before the actual diagnoses. i only want back to the diagnoses cause that's where i had actual paperwork. i might have been able to go back a few more years, but i din't want to blow it.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Did you have to go to the doctor and have he/she fill out paperwork?

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

yes, a "qualified practitioner" has to fill it out. can be your pediatrician, family doctor, psychiatrist. whoever knows your child and you feel comfortable with. i used our family dr. our psychiatrist is useless.

they need to fill out the last part on severe and prolonged impairment in the area of mental functioning. it sounds worse than it is. read that last part, the craziest things fall under it.

most dr's are happy to fill out the form. some may charge tho. so be ware of that.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Yep! Dr's charge for whatever they can but at least it will be cheaper than the psychiatrists bill!
    NSangel I'm glad to hear that your day went a little better today and there is no new found art in your house. Busy is good but don't wear yourself out.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

ya, i think i have been overextending myself. i'm really out of shape and went for really long walks. i know it'll pay off in the long run. but i guess i should try to cut back some..next week is going to be really busy. i got him enrolled in swim lessons which is a good 30 min walk each way. dragging probably a picnic basket.

i'm so scared if i don't get him out of the house, he'll either watch the history channel, (war war war), whine to go on computer, or trash the house.

so i told him i was going to do some housework, and then go for a short walk to the schoolyard for him to play.

i'm hoping all the activity helps him to sleep.

oh big thing with these kids, but u guys probably already know..is that activity helps. now ryan whose very uncoordinated does really well in taekwondo. he does very poorly in bowling and other competitive sports. another thing: cubs/scouts was too unstructured, but i put him in navy leagues (cadets) and he's doing amazing.

so just some tips there if anyone is wondering what to put their kids in. ryan also does really well in swimming.

FOR NOVA SCOTIA PARENTS! check out kidsport nova scotia. if you qualify, the gov't will give you $300 towards enrollment in a sport. like taekwondo, hockey, soccer etc.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Dance classes for many years and cadets lasted only for 1 year too rigid for her! And swimming always helped, riding bikes she could never sit still always on the go. When she'd finally go to sleep she would fall asleep after me a lot of the times. I'd be exhausted still am!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information