User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: If you've ever given to charity..........

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to donate a lot to charity but have stopped now. Once you donate they start calling you non-stop asking for when you will be donating again. If I donated to your charity two weeks ago why would you call me asking for me to give a bigger donation. If there is a cause I like and they don't harras people I will donate to it.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

This is more when you get the people who stop you on the street or calling you at home than the admin costs so they don't have to inform you of admin costs in the same way unfortunately

The best way to get around it is not to give at stores, in the street or by phone, contact the charity directly and donate - and choose smaller local charities who do their own fundraising as more of the money goes to the actual cause
    Natalka likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Weve discussed this before and yes, there are some pretty bad charities out there. I know one childrens fund some of the workers there drove bentleys and bmw's and made over 100k a year....

Im too tired to find the post right now but there is a registeres canadian charities list with what percent goes to what etc.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I agree with alot of what has been posted here. I give more of my time and goods these days than actual cash. If you are interested in how charities in Canada are spending their money, this is a great article. Do take it with a grain of salt because it depends on what you value, how you rank a charity.

http://www.moneysense.ca/2011/09/15/...1-charity-100/
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information