Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 1 Post By lecale
  • 2 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Psst…you’re missing out on better deals - Email from SDM

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Did anyone else receive this email today from SDM. I am signed up and connected. Wondering if this is legit or a scam.

And because it’s not connected to your Optimum Account - you’re missing out on our best offers.

You could be enjoying bigger savings and more points offers on the stuff you buy most. We’re talking personalized offers and customized savings - just for YOU.

This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by thor9; Sat, May 3rd, 2014 at 05:20 PM.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

It doesn't seem legit, how would they know your email but nothing else? And do you already receive personalized offers? If you do, I bet anything it's a scam.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

You can check where the email is from, if not from SDM, then it's spam.

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I do get offers already but this was the fine print at the bottom of the email - looks legit but I'm still suspicious.

Offers may not apply to each other, Please check the website for full details. Shoppers Drug Mart does not warrant any incorrect information on this email. Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Sponsors, Suppliers or Retailers or authorized for their use in Canada.

This email has been specifically prepared for (insert email address XXXXX). To make sure our email updates are delivered to your inbox, please add [email protected] to your email Address Book. This email account is not monitored. Please DO NOT REPLY to this email. Shoppers Optimum, c/o Shoppers Drug Mart, 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, ON. © 2014 Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. All rights reserved.
    AFPCH By vFcoders

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If you signed up for emails from them separately (like the 20x WUS $50 coupons or even flyer updates) before they changed to the new Optimum login,you get them occasionally.
    Call them and have them associate that email with your account, for a while I was getting 2 of all offers except the personalized email offers because of a bug in matching the accounts
    thor9 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:08 PM.
    thor9 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also received this email. I closed the email and signed into my Shoppers account from a different computer, and I found that I did have to update and change my email address because I changed it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I got it too. I got it in the email address that they have on file from entering a contest before they had personalized coupons. My personalized coupons go to a different email address.

If you're ever in doubt that an email is a scam, just don't click on any links in the email. Go to SDM's website by typing it in your internet explorer instead, and update your info from there. That way you won't activate any scammy links
    carlyincanada and thor9 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I got it too. I got it in the email address that they have on file from entering a contest before they had personalized coupons. My personalized coupons go to a different email address.

If you're ever in doubt that an email is a scam, just don't click on any links in the email. Go to SDM's website by typing it in your internet explorer instead, and update your info from there. That way you won't activate any scammy links

I got this email too. Get the occasional offer like buy $30 get 20x the points in this email. The coupon works too.

Thread Information