• 1 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By Zonny

Thread: KitchenAid Stand Mixer?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Hi all:

I recently dropped my 20 year old mixer on the floor, part of the power switch bent, etc. and I think it's toast. I've already had this one repaired twice, I'm a couple hundred into it and I think that it's done. So I'm in the market for a new one!

Has anyone seen any good deals?

Amazon has this one on sale for 'half price':

http://www.amazon.ca/KitchenAid-KSM1...ds=stand+mixer
    But I'm not sure I buy that since I can't find a model called KSM120MC Custom Stand Mixer anywhere else except eBay and the like.

Anybody see a deal out there? Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Ebay

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

when I bought mine, I was able to get the Kitchenaid rebate for the purchase, bonus points from Sears and pm'd online store - don't recall exactly. But it worked out quite nicely. Check the kitchenaid rebates for specific models
    Zonny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

There is a $50 rebate on them right now. So I'm reading to qualify, it must be purchased, "between April 11, 2014 and May 30, 2014." So in theory if i bought it tomorrow (May 30th), I would get the rebate right? If it were really 'between' them maybe not?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, no! What's the model you have - bowl tilt or life; the wattage? Do you want the same, or stronger?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Bay
    Artisan 350 (sale price is on most commonly)
    Architect 370
    Professional 450 (decent price for the biggie!) + 400

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/sto...id/home/Mixers

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Last edited by Natalka; Wed, May 28th, 2014 at 06:51 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes, Costco is where I think I'm going, the regular price of the Artisan is better than the sale price at a lot of places, and there's a $50 rebate if I buy it tomorrow. The only problem is, now that I've decided I'm buying it, I want it now, I don't want to wait for it to be shipped! Normally the 'warehouse price' is cheaper than Costco online, but not in this case. they only sell one model in store and it's more expensive.

The current one, not sure what the model was called, but it has a metal bowl (bent now from the fall) that kind of twists into the base. I want another that is similar since I bought a different paddle that works really well.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Zonny, take a look on the head of your mixer. The metallic strip that goes around should say a name. Classic, Artisan, Accolade, Ultra Power, etc, so you'll be able to see from there which model your broken one is.

DO NOT throw out your bowl or attachments! Tilt-head mixers use all the same attachments, and if the bowl is still functional, you should still be able to use it on a new stand mixer with the same kind. I'm assuming your special paddle is the one with the scraper, and you can use that in an artisan.

Maybe sell your broken one for parts? I'm sure someone would have use for it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Zonny, take a look on the head of your mixer. The metallic strip that goes around should say a name. Classic, Artisan, Accolade, Ultra Power, etc, so you'll be able to see from there which model your broken one is.

DO NOT throw out your bowl or attachments! Tilt-head mixers use all the same attachments, and if the bowl is still functional, you should still be able to use it on a new stand mixer with the same kind. I'm assuming your special paddle is the one with the scraper, and you can use that in an artisan.

Maybe sell your broken one for parts? I'm sure someone would have use for it.
    Definitely not throwing out my attachments, figured they would be compatible, and yes, my paddle is the one with the scraper and it's awesome! My bowl however, the one that was on the mixer when I dropped it, is now bent and is oval rather than round. I'll still use it for other things, but not on the mixer. I could try to sell the old one, but I'm betting no one would offer much except to take it off my hands for free.

Thanks for the input!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Bit the bullet and ordered my mixer from Costco.ca. I've never spent this much on a kitchen appliance, but this was the best deal, and there's a $50 rebate if I buy it today.

My old one was white, all that was available back then. My new one is a beautiful blue! Now I just have to wait until it comes, but I want it now!
    kazm-l likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

It arrived! Only four days it took. But good thing DH was on a field trip with DS today and got home early - UPS left my $300 mixer on my front steps? WTH?
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would call Costco and complain, especially if your front steps are visible from the road or you live in a high traffic (foot or car) area.

UPS dumped off a camera on my front steps once, so everyone driving by could see NIKON splashed across the side. I called the retailer I bought it from to complain, I was NOT pleased.

UPS is ridiculously lazy and costco has high service standards. I'm sure they'd be interested to hear why UPS left a $300 item on someone's doorstep.

Thread Information