User Tag List

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree1711Likes

Thread: Christmas in July Package Train --- shopping in progress!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    My mom sent home some quiche for me for dinner. I made Jackson chicken nuggets in the toaster oven and noodles. He apparently was hungry because he has cleaned his plate without pestering from me

We will do groceries tomorrow, still have to check the flyers and find the best deals. I got a Shoppers coupon for 20x when you spend $50 too, might do that for eggs, cream and such. They have the best prices on the oddest things lol. I'm just not sure I want to spend that much this weekend. I'm trying to save up to make sure we can afford the cruise without any problems. I have to make up a meal plan for the week and then a grocery list. I'll work on it after kiddo goes to bed.
    we have to get more groceries tomorrow too. I already made a shopping list but I don't exactly do meal plans. I shop based on whats on sale and what I like to eat but we don't have set meals for set days/times. we eat what we want based on what we have. (I hope that makes sense.)
    Crochetlady likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Ugh, I noticed that a lot when DD started school. She has one friend who is especially a bad influence. I'm so happy that kid is in grade 1 next year since there's no way she'll be in DD's class.

As for dinner, I've been doing a lot of bbq'ing and slow cooker meals. No way I want the oven on in this heat! lol.

Tomorrow is a busy day - swim lessons start again, DD has yet another bday party to attend, final fitting for DS's suit for the wedding he's in and a baby shower! I'm hoping to order in tomorrow night! lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Crochetlady and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I made poutine in my actifry for lunch and it was warm but not as bad as cooking on the stove or in the oven. that being said I am either making sandwiches or asking dh to bring something home when hes done work. I just cant bring myself to cook anything else today.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

ugh im a jerk again. had to put ds1 in time out for repeatedly throwing lego on the floor after he was told to stop and then refused to pick them up. maybe it wont be so bad sending him off to school this fall after all.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I'm glad to know Jackson isn't the only one I think it's primarily one of the kids in daycare with him who is the worst influence. From that little boy he's learned to say "I wish you were dead" and "you're so fat you are going to die any way". Yeah. Lovely things like that. I feel badly for the kid, he is a total brat but his parents are at least separated and I think he has some issues, to say the least. He was really in Jackson's face all the time, no boundaries, and he is apparently allowed to watch some stuff that Jackson isn't yet, even things like Avengers which perhaps 4-year-olds are ok with. I don't know. Any way. I miss my little boy who was so innocent lol.

As for cooking, if we didn't have central air it would be the bbq, microwave and a few things in the toaster oven when really needed. Plus take out I try and plan things so we don't have a lot of leftovers or waste. I need to plan lunches too for daycare and for me. Plus I am trying to lose some weight, and find it easier when I have a plan in place, less mindless snacking I do have some chicken my mom sent home too, it's frozen so we will probably have it Sunday, on the bbq

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

It's funny how vast the span is with parenting. My DD is 5 and I don't let her watch much TV, even then its all kids shows/movies.

Her one friend is the same age (older by a few months) and is obsessed with Monster High and shows like that. I absolutely loathe that type of show and certainly wouldn't let my impressionable 5 year old watch it. The things the kids says makes me cringe and the dad never says a thing (we both wait at the school for pick up/drop off so I see how they interact). DD even started lipping off to DH and when he asked why she thinks its okay to speak to him like that, she said its because ****** does it to her dad. It's taken us quite a while to get DD to understand different houses have different rules and we expect her to have manners and respect. Thankfully it's the kid who is in another class next year.

Its easy for kids to adapt their friends habits. We've been through everything from biting, burping, swearing and most recently chewing on clothing (apparently a kid in DD's class does that and almost ever other kid in the class started mimicking them - took me talking to the teacher to figure out why DD started it). Thankfully we caught the behaviors quickly and were able to stop them before they became habits but geesh! It feels like its always something! At one point DD started spitting because she saw an older boy doing it - HOW GROSS!

I'm hoping she'll learn to think for herself fairly soon and stop mimicking others.

Ah, the joys. lol

Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Fri, Jul 4th, 2014 at 07:26 PM.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    It's funny how vast the span is with parenting. My DD is 5 and I don't let her watch much TV, even then its all kids shows/movies.

Her one friend is the same age (older by a few months) and is obsessed with Monster High and shows like that. I absolutely loathe that type of show and certainly wouldn't let my impressionable 5 year old watch it. The things the kids says makes me cringe and the dad never says a thing (we both wait at the school for pick up/drop off so I see how they interact). DD even started lipping off to DH and when he asked why she thinks its okay to speak to him like that, she said its because ****** does it to her dad. It's taken us quite a while to get DD to understand different houses have different rules and we expect her to have manners and respect. Thankfully it's the kid who is in another class next year.

Its easy for kids to adapt their friends habits. We've been through everything from biting, burping, swearing and most recently chewing on clothing (apparently a kid in DD's class does that and almost ever other kid in the class started mimicking them - took me talking to the teacher to figure out why DD started it). Thankfully we caught the behaviors quickly and were able to stop them before they became habits but geesh! It feels like its always something! At one point DD started spitting because she saw an older boy doing it - HOW GROSS!

I'm hoping she'll learn to think for herself fairly soon and stop mimicking others.

Ah, the joys. lol

overall ds1 is a good kid. he says please and thank you. but I think in an effort to teach manners we gave in too much and he now thinks he can have whatever he wants just by saying please. he does know that he cant have things until they are payed for so that's good. hes also usually well behaved out in public. its just his behavior at home that's been bad lately.

his 2 year old brother on the other hand is better behaved at home. he wants more freedom than hes ready for. he wants to be able to walk on his own without holding a hand. he doesn't want to be held on the bus but wont sit in his own seat, he just tries to stand and run around on the bus or has a screaming fit. unfortunately I have to put a movie on my phone to get him to sit still quietly. (I have frozen, tangled, and the little mermaid on my phone... I also have the jungle book, and hugo that I could get on my phone if I erased one of the other movies on my phone to free up space.) he does well in the stroller when we are walking though. its amazing how different they are. there are things that work for both kids but for the most part I have to manage them differently at the same time.
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

There are two kids in his daycare that he gets this from. When we ask him where he heard that he'll say from so and so. Or who talks like that? and it's the other one. It's funny because one of them he calls a bully. But he still emulates him, even though he thinks bullies are bad. I don't get it. And I try and ignore some of it, I find when I react it gets worse. But down at my parents it was hard, he was just so over the top about some stuff, and my parent's aren't used to it lol. They have two daughters and two granddaughters before this one boy. He seems to have a lot more energy and defiance than any of the rest of us. He is constantly pushing boundaries, and thinking of ways to get around the rules. Way too smart for his own good half the time. Any way. In general he is a really good kid, we'll get through this but I look forward to mommy time when he's gone to bed!!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    There are two kids in his daycare that he gets this from. When we ask him where he heard that he'll say from so and so. Or who talks like that? and it's the other one. It's funny because one of them he calls a bully. But he still emulates him, even though he thinks bullies are bad. I don't get it. And I try and ignore some of it, I find when I react it gets worse. But down at my parents it was hard, he was just so over the top about some stuff, and my parent's aren't used to it lol. They have two daughters and two granddaughters before this one boy. He seems to have a lot more energy and defiance than any of the rest of us. He is constantly pushing boundaries, and thinking of ways to get around the rules. Way too smart for his own good half the time. Any way. In general he is a really good kid, we'll get through this but I look forward to mommy time when he's gone to bed!!
    I don't usually have mommy time. I wake up with the kids every morning and any time they wake up through the night. I get ds2 down for a nap by nursing him (he just turned 2 in early june and I believe in self weaning within reason.) ds2 hasn't napped in a couple of years. I get both kids to sleep at night and I usually fall asleep at the same time. the closest I get to mommy/alone time is when we go to the mall and dh takes the kids while I have a venti vanilla iced coffee with cream at starbucks (and 1 or 2 free refills) before going to find them but that depends on how much of a rush we are in. but I wanted kids to take care of so I decided to be a stay at home mom and they are my everything so I am happy. (nothing against parents who put their kids in daycare. just wouldn't work for our family.) I figure I will have plenty of alone time when they are older but for now I will know they are taken care of the way I want. (can you tell I have trust issues lol) we only trust them with my mom or certain friends (the couple ive mentioned a few times who have 4 kids of their own.)
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    what is everyone having for dinner tonight? (you don't have to say specific foods
    or Tinkerbella might have a fit

Just kidding guys. I way overreacted before.

On that note, I'm having veggie dogs and salad.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Francine, I too am still nursing my 2.5 yr old girl. She isn't showing many signs of weaning. Help! lol
    francine1985 likes this.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

to my buddy dh just bought a few more things from your wishlist after work. I sent him to get diet pepsi and he called and told me he just bought a few more things from your list. I don't know if he wants to mail it tomorrow since we have errands to run anyway or if he wants to wait for another day when hes on his own so we don't have to drag a big box around with 2 kids while we are already busy. (I let him decide since is in charge of mailing and picking up mail that wasn't delivered.)

but it will be mailed on time and I will post a message when it is mailed.
    Crochetlady and Tinkerbella like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbella View Post
    Francine, I too am still nursing my 2.5 yr old girl. She isn't showing many signs of weaning. Help! lol
    my oldest self weaned at 2.5 years (after I got pregnant with ds2) and I will let ds2 nurse until the day after his 3rd birthday if he hasn't self weaned by then. (I will not cut him off on his birthday)

but I have been nursing for about 5 years with a few months break between when ds1 self weaned and ds2 was born.
    Tinkerbella likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

this is my 101 post in this thread... I missed posting an announcement about my 100th post so I am announcing the 101st instead

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    what is everyone having for dinner tonight? (you don't have to say specific foods

basically are you eating out, having something delivered, cooking on the stove/in the oven, having a bbq outside, or just making something cold out of the fridge to avoid cooking?
    Green beans, brown rice, potato salad and baked salmon today

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread Information