User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Shopping lists for Super Bonus Redemption

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    I thought the 20x didn't work when you were redeeming points ...?
    Since the points showed up on my receipt it worked. I also got the same offer when the Timmies double double promo was on and I got the 20x too.
    Decaf and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Nice to see $220 taken off at the cash register. Today's redemption would have been perfect had the Acer laptop has a CD/DVD drive. It's beautiful, light and runs cool (unlike my troublesome HP laptop). Does not have any bonus software like MS office, all I see is useless aps. I hate Window8. I will be getting some points back at the end of the month, used 20x coupon.
    The DVD drive is the only reason I went with the HP yesterday. I find HP to be rather cheaply made, but I've got cooling fans to set the laptop on that helps a lot. As far as Windows 8 goes - I just got rid of the majority of apps - I agree, complete waste.
    Sadly my personalized coupons were for grocery, so no points back for me.
    Decaf and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by superhamster View Post
    Redeemed 50k for $110 and got 18620 points back with a personalized 20x on any face cream coupon. Bought two Clinique lotions, 3x Uncle Bens, 4x Clover Leaf tuna salad snacks. 31380 points OOP for $110 is even better than the kickback redemptions, woohoo!!!

Can you please tell me which SDM did you go to? Is it courtenay or comox? Please say that you live on the island.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Why couldn't you?
    The 20x coupon states "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions" so if the store considers the super redemption as a points promotion, even though you aren't getting points, they may refuse it.

Sirandrewr, I thought using the coupon could go either way at my store. It's still a nice tv at a reasonable price (not overpriced) and you got to use points.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post

Are you talking about SDM redemption? I have never heard about 142k for $330.00. Can you please explain a little bit?
    The 142k redemption is only at Murale. It's a high end cosmetics boutique owned by SDM and they run the optimum program there too. The one I go to in Toronto carries some brands that even the fancy SDM boutique don't carry so it's a nice treat to spend my mega redemptions there.
    amira84 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by superhamster View Post
    Since the points showed up on my receipt it worked. I also got the same offer when the Timmies double double promo was on and I got the 20x too.
    Thanks - I see the Timmies double double promo working with the 20x .... the timmies stuff you get - even without an optimum card - so not really an optimum offer. But the redemption with 20 x doesn't make sense as you aren't "spending" any money - so 20 x $0 = 0 .... must be a system thing when it's specific to the cosmetic/beauty product as it certainly doesn't work when you have other products that are 20 x during a redemption ... Glad it worked for you - that's a nice savings.
    torontogal12, luckbealady and momi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Used the $50 redemption for basic groceries, and it's going to be time to start rebuilding points again.

We've had no income for the past two months, so thankfully I had lots of SDM points built up, so we've been using them weekly for basic groceries and necessities.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    The 20x coupon states "Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions" so if the store considers the super redemption as a points promotion, even though you aren't getting points, they may refuse it.

Sirandrewr, I thought using the coupon could go either way at my store. It's still a nice tv at a reasonable price (not overpriced) and you got to use points.
    I would call HO and explain to them that your out of pocket after redemption was still above the threshold and the store would not let you use the coupon. It's ridiculous that they said no.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    I redeemed for the $300 television too. My son has been wanting one for a long time and I promised him if he ever found a great deal. I couldn't get the 20x on the remaining $80 and the supervisor opened up another till just to make sure the other cashier didn't try.
    You absolutely should have been allowed to use your 20x coupon, as you were still spending the minimum AFTER your redemption. Definitely call Shoppers and complain.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I agree with luckbealady and crazyqt above - if you are out of pocket - and meet the minimum for the 20x then it should be allowed-no question. Why do some cashiers make it so difficult? Sorry rhetorical question .... some people just don't get the optimum points system at all and you would think that the points are coming out of their salary.

I specifically shop at one SDM here in town that have a supervisor that understands how it all works - and cheerfully encourages getting "great deals".... That's not to say that I haven't had some shops there that turn out more hassle than they are worth - but if she's there I always manage to get it resolved and she doesn't make me feel like it was my fault. She also encourages her cashiers to be "up" on how the system works...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    The DVD drive is the only reason I went with the HP yesterday. I find HP to be rather cheaply made, but I've got cooling fans to set the laptop on that helps a lot. As far as Windows 8 goes - I just got rid of the majority of apps - I agree, complete waste.
    Sadly my personalized coupons were for grocery, so no points back for me.
    Darn SDM hiding the specs...turns out there is an outside box which tells you nothing (I think this is just for shipping purpose and they should have remove it). The inside box which is also sealed has the specs written outside. My mistake I was so excited about new laptop I opened it and start right away, realized the missing DVD drive when I try to install Norton antivirus. BTW, Acer is cheaply made too...If I press on the back of the screen, it would look the same as if I touch the screen. The plastic case is too thin. I hope I never drop this because it looks really fragile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with luckbealady and crazyqt above - if you are out of pocket - and meet the minimum for the 20x then it should be allowed-no question. Why do some cashiers make it so difficult? Sorry rhetorical question .... some people just don't get the optimum points system at all and you would think that the points are coming out of their salary.

I specifically shop at one SDM here in town that have a supervisor that understands how it all works - and cheerfully encourages getting "great deals".... That's not to say that I haven't had some shops there that turn out more hassle than they are worth - but if she's there I always manage to get it resolved and she doesn't make me feel like it was my fault. She also encourages her cashiers to be "up" on how the system works...
    I agree too that she should be calling headoffice and get the points, but I don't think that not being able to use it is that unusual. I know of one store that I wouldn't have to ask to know their answer!

While I love getting the coupons each week, I think this marketing program has some serious flaws in it. I called in September shortly after receiving email coupons so I would understand their intent and was told that other than the main coupon (first one), the others could be used with any promotion, one time only, only by the intended card holder. The main one (the one I used for the tv 20x wus $50), was not to be used with ANY Shoppers "Optimum" promotion of any kind. The problem is other than restricting which barcodes are acceptable and the number per transaction (which is somewhat inconsistent), there aren't any controls build into the system which leads to inconsistent implementation at the store level and a certain amount of "abuse".

However, I don't think Shoppers is the only one; in my experience Walmart, Target, Superstore off the top of my head, are dealing with huge couponing inconsistencies as well.
    Last edited by maple7; Mon, Jun 9th, 2014 at 08:49 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very happy with my shop ....
    Redeemed 50,000 for $110 ... came to $110.23 (never had it that close before) paid $7 OOP in tax
    Patio Table - mosaic $25
    small solar light $7
    Bella Earrings - for gift $15
    Gosh nail polish $7 - pretty lilac color
    Yogurt x 2 $2.50 each WUB2 (had $2 off one )
    Chips 4 x $1
    Tortilla Chips $3.50 each
    Salsa $2 off stickies WUB the chips
    Tuna salad kits ($1 off tinned fish coupon worked on one of these -so paid $1 for 2 of them)
    Colgate Toothbrush - free
    Slimfast bars $10 x 2 ($5 off coup)
    Balsamic vinegar 2.99
    Cottage Cheese 2.99
    Kicking Horse Coffee 12.99
    Croutons
    Milk Dudds (for DS)

Happy day
    Pretty table! I went to redeem for groceries only otherwise I would have been tempted. I like your shopping better than mine (redeemed $110 all groceries and the free toothbrush).
    dahliagrower likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Thanks Maple7.... I love the little mosaic table too.... I just love the redemptions - always have a big grin coming out of the store
    maple7 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I called HO and they said no you can't combine 20x with a redemption. My son carried home the television and hooked it up in his bedroom. I got to look at the television for about 2 minutes before I was told to leave the room. He is very happy.
    I did a second redemption yesterday and got all grocery items.
    luckbealady and maple7 like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information